Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Yo thanks for the input EB, I was getting worried maybe I did make the wrong move..
laugh.gif

No problem bro, even if you are a Mavs fan.
laugh.gif

My Ricky Davis for Zach Randolph trade offer is still out there, and the other owner is thinking hard about it but is hesitant to pull the trigger. If thatdoesn't work out, another owner is shopping Jason Richardson HARD, with apparently no bites yet. If I can't get Z-Bo, what would ya'll think abouta Buckets for J-Rich deal?

Also thinking of Davis + Peja for Maggette + Biedrins, or Joe Johnson + Peja/Davis for Maggette + Kevin Martin.

Ideas?

Originally Posted by ritzgooch23

Ok...what about Paul Pierce for Ray?
Paul Pierce is doing a lot better than Ray unless you need 3's then Allen got Pierce by 9 at the moment. Allen has a better FG% and FT% whilePierce got him beat in pts, reb, asst and stl. So in the end, it depends on what you really need on your team.

Also, any recommendation on who I might be able to get for Durant? As in who i should look to offer to trade him with?

^^^
In all honesty, Durant's gonna be a tough sell right now. But maybe you can package him in some sort of deal to get a nice player from one of yourleague's early-season cellar dwellers.

I'll still stick to my guns and say that Duncan and Carmelo > Garnett and Terry. We're allowed to do that right.. have a difference in opinion?

I understand that Terry's very underrated for fantasy. I know that. But I don't think he's capable of sustaining this level of play throughout the82 game season. What that guy is doing, JapanAir21, is selling Terry at his peak value. Yes you're getting Garnett, but you gotta look at the tradeoverall.

I understand that Terry's very underrated for fantasy. I know that. But I don't think he's capable of sustaining this level of play throughout the 82 game season. What that guy is doing, JapanAir21, is selling Terry at his peak value. Yes you're getting Garnett, but you gotta look at the trade overall.
That argument can definitely be made, but the same argument could be made of Melo being sold at peak value as well.

I don't see how the Terry/Melo comparions can be made. I don't see Melo's value going down any time soon barring any injuries.

^^^ I think Melo is more consistent than Terry and would keep his stats up through the season. Even if things doesn't work well between Melo and AI in thelong run, Melo is still guaranteed that minutes in Denver.

I'm just liking from what I'm seeing out of Terry thus far this season... And when you have Duncan who's obviously not as good as KG(FANTASY-WISE!), it's much more acceptable to downgrade from Melo to Terry... but the thing with Terry is, I'm not having good 3 point shooters, andhe's shooting great, will he keep this up? maybe, but probably not, but if he can shoot around 46-48% for the season than I'll be fine with him. Iunderstand also that Jason Terry is peaking by shooting 55%, but his turnovers are also down, and I have a problem with Melo's turnovers. I ain't madatcha Paul, and I appreciate all of you who gave your opinion, but deal is done now, yall can keep squabbling over A+B > C+D, but deal is done, and Ican't make any changes about that now.
laugh.gif
Also thinking of Davis + Peja for Maggette + Biedrins
That's your best deal if you can get it done (aside from Davis for Z-Bo straight up, but I don't think he'll bite).

^^^
Thanks for the input JapanAir21.

Two other deals I'm thinking about if you don't mind:

Davis+Peja for Granger+Gordon (a better deal for me than Davis+Peja for Maggette+Biedrins?)
Davis for J-Rich, straight up (this is probably likely to be accepted if I throw it out)

I think its a good deal Japan but I could see why Paul thinks the other side is better. I still got my huge deal on the table and I still haven't decided.Anymore opinions?

I give up: Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, Antoine Wright, Boris Diaw

I receive: Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Baron Davis, Jermaine Oneal

^^^
Damn, tough call there...what's the rest of your roster look like? Kidd and KG are two of the best all around performers in fantasy, if not THE best two_On the other hand though, if everyone you're getting in return stays pretty healthy, their production in the aggregate would be better than what you'regiving up. But that's the kicker: you don't know how healthy JO and Baron Davis are gonna be.

I'd say if you're comfortable with the injury risks associated with those two, take the deal. But do it cautiously.

Mind throwing some input on the deals I plan on sending out in my post above yours?

PG-Jason Kidd

SG-Joe Johnson

G-Chauncey Billups

SF-Ron Artest

PF-Kevin Garnett

F-Richard Jefferson

C-Carlos Boozer

C-Tyson Chandler

UTIL- Richard Hamilton

BN-Monta Ellis

BN-Boris Diaw PF,C

BN- Kelenna Azubuike

BN- Fransico Garcia

BN- Antoine Wright

BN- Udonis Haslem

^i wouldnt give up KG for JOneal or Davis right now cause they're bound to have injuries this year. so maybe you can do kidd, wright and diaw for TD and AI? but i doubt the other person will go for it, but you can try.

I give up: Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, Antoine Wright, Boris Diaw

I receive: Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Baron Davis, Jermaine Oneal
I think your giving up too much in KG and Kidd. Those two has a great potential to do triple doubles every night while JO and Davis are injuryprone and still pretty inconsistent at the moment, especially JO. AI is doing good, at the moment. Keep KG and Kidd.

^Yeah I have been thinking about it for a while and it looks like that is what I will do. JO and BD have way to many injury concerns.

Davis+Peja for Granger+Gordon (a better deal for me than Davis+Peja for Maggette+Biedrins?)

I think I like that deal better for your team if you can pull it off, although you don't have any shotblockers outside of Garnett and Chandler, if youthink you really need blocks, then go for it, but as far as the rebounding goes, it shouldn't amke too much of a difference, with Granger and Gordon youshould lock down three's and points.

Kobe4MVP, AI has FG problems, as does Baron at times, JO is injury prone, and Timmy has been off as of late, so it's up to you, but I woulnd't do it.

Hell yeah, Antawn is a very good underrated Fantasy player, dude grabs tons o' boards, gets high FG%, and can shoot the three (Gilbert needs to take noteon this dude
smh.gif
)

Jamison's FG% is terrible this year, but it should go up. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on that trade.

Just got offered a trade. My dude knows I wanna get rid of Starbury ASAP
laugh.gif

I GET:
Baron Davis
Boris Diaw

HE GETS:
Stephon Marbury
Emeka Okafor

Phil, no.

Apoc, I'd probably do it, Diaw is alright, gives you all-around stats, I never had him as a fantasy player but he seems alright.

Back
Top Bottom