Official 2007 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I'd take Allen ahead of Durant for sure. Durant's is murder on your FG% and he doesn't really give you much of else in other categories.

True but Duran does provide more blocks, rebs. and steals. He is killing my team with his FG% though and has been scoring very low the last couple ofgames.

Yeah, I like Ray more because he is going to be more consistent. Inconsistency drives fantasy owners crazy.

Any thoughts on Shawne Williams on the Pacers and Louis Williams on the 76ers? In Shawne's last two games, he's averaging 25 minutes and scoring 20ppgwith 5rpg. He can also get a few steals and blocks. In Louis's last two matches, he's playing about 27 minutes and averaging 22 points with 4 assists,3 rebounds and a steal. I know it was only two games but from what I have seen so far is that they have potential but need PT. Thanks for any opinions.

E3LAL, I said a couple weeks ago to watch out for Louis Williams, the kid can play.

Wait another game or two, see if he keeps it up, if he does well, let us know who's on your roster, and we'll try to see what we can do. If he doeswell, don't fget about him, just keep an eye on him.

I am looking into Shawne Williams and Louis Williams also. My weakest players are Gerald Green, Channing Frye, and Tyrus Thomas. Should I pull the trigger oneither of the Williams'?

should i do these deals?

trade #1....i get: Kobe & deng

for Baron & Randolph

trade #2....i get: J. O'Neal & Tony Parker

for Bosh & Felton

I wouldn't do either to honest, you lose too many rebounds in trade one, and Baron will give you more assists.

In the second trade, you lose both assists and rebounds.

Thanks for your insight JapanAir21. Right now my teams are pretty solid, but I have them are in my radar.

DTruth,

Trade #1 is sort of a tossup for me, because I think Baron is absolutely peaking right now, and on top of that he's always an injury concern. You'dalso be getting a top-4 fantasy player in return, so that may be good.

Trade #2 is terrible for you though. JO is going to struggle all year with his injuries and unhappiness in Indiana, and as good as Tony has been he'sreally a better NBA player than a fantasy one. On the flip side Bosh is one of the best C-eligible options out despite sort of a slow start, and Felton is oneof my favorite fantasy options this year. I think that he's going to have a huge year: 3rd-year player, no serviceable backup, has been very durablethroughout his career, and has some more offensive weapons at his disposal. He's been pretty good so far, but I think his value skyrockets once J-Rich andGerald Wallace start shooting the ball straight again. I'd definitely hold on to those two.

Hornets fans, do you have any idea what Chandler's playing status is for tonight? He's currently filling one of my utility slots but should I rotatehim out? He did say he wanted to play tonight.

Anyone have thoughts on my question above? (Drop Frye, Gerald Green or Tyrus Thomas and pick up Shawne Williams and Louis Williams)..? THANKS!

^^^
It's really a toss up; none of those guys really get me too hyped up; I'd say if you drop anyone drop Green for Shawne Williams.

AirVandal, I was wondering the same thing since Chandler is on one of my squads. Just found this:

NEW ORLEANS -- Hornets point guard Chris Paul, who has missed two games with a sprained right ankle, was slated to play Wednesday night when New Orleans hosted the Indiana Pacers.

Chris Paul

Paul

A team spokesman said Paul, who had been listed as day to day, was reinserted in the lineup after a team shoot-around the morning of the game.

Paul has played in 10 games this season, averaging 19.5 points and 10.8 assists. The Hornets are 8-2 when he has played, 1-1 when he hasn't.

However, center Tyson Chandler will miss his first full game after hyperextending his right knee during the second quarter of Monday night's loss to Orlando. Chandler, averaging 10.8 points and 11.3 rebounds, remains day to day.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Stick him on our benches.

You could drop Frye for Louis as well if you really wanted to.

Thanks for the heads up on Chandler, didn't evne know he was hurt.

^^^
Yeah, it's very luckily a hyperextension. It definitely looked like he tore something up when it happened.

Speaking of torn knees, Arenas is now out for the next THREE MONTHS. I've got him on one of my teams, and Foye and McCants are both available. Should Ijust cut him loose? It's a rotisserie league, and I've never played one before (always done H2H), so I think having that dead weight hurts more therewhere there's no sneaking into the playoffs with a lower seed while he mends.

Any advice?

EDIT: Check that, the ESPN news report says that the Washington Post reported he "could be cleared topractice in three months." Time to cut bait?

^
ADD ANTONIO DANIELS NOW

Forget Foye, you're in rotisserie. Hes out AT LEAST 3 more weeks + recovery time. you cant afford to miss that much action. mccants is all points, pass onhim.

^ Haywood sprained his left ankle last night... Blatche looks like a good pickup in the meantime... he's been playing well right now

Hey fantasy heads, I'm having trouble choosing who to pick up.

All of these dudes are in the Free Agency right now and I really need a quick waiver wire dude. I just want one. Who would you pick?

- Juan Carlos Navarro
- Louis Williams
- Andray Blatche
- Stromile Swift

Those are some dudes who've stepped up the past one or two games. If you have any other suggestions, that would be great.

Apoc, if you need some good FG% with a little bit of rebounding, go for Andray, if you need scoring and some assists, go with Louis.

I'm leaning toward Louis Williams, but someone just dropped Delonte West. Who is the better pick between those two? I think Delonte is starting now thatRidnour is injured and Watson is a little inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom