..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

laugh.gif

It started raining as soon as i got off work, knew it was gonna be a rain-out. FB, send me the sig again.......got a new laptop and my external got smashed

Just highlight mine and copy it, paste it in your signature editor. Isn't that what you did initially?

[color= rgb(255, 255, 102)]To my fellow Cards fan using the same sig, I just wanted to let you know that the players namesthat are in my sig have a significance. As much as I love Pujols, he doesn't belong in the names. Those are all players who are in the HOF along withhaving their numbers retired. Though I am sure if Albert finishes his career in St. Louis; he's a lock, but like that sinking ship picture my boy Wildcatposted, it's simply premature.[/color]

i know that it's waaaayyy too early for the sinking ships...hell, i don't even pay attention to the standings until mid-late May. i just rememberposting the ship STL style early in '06 and we all know how that went for them.

but damn, we need to start getting it together. starting a series with the Giants tonight, good chance to get some kind of momentum.

Originally Posted by aRog27

That Reed Johnson grab is gonna be all over Sportscenter tonight.

That +@$+ was amazing!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
its unfortunate that the only reason it will be on SC all night is becuz lebronaint playing tonight!

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Just highlight mine and copy it, paste it in your signature editor. Isn't that what you did initially?

Yea, i wasnt thinking,for some reason im still thinking we are still in the "EZCODE" days

$%!$!*! Isringcrapper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........ FIRST BORN..........WHERE`S THAT %@!%*+%$+!#%* DUMPSTER AT????????????? PUT HIS !%! IN IT

That might end up being the catch of the year when it's all over with. w
eek.gif
w Too bad it goes down a few notches of greatness because he's wearing a Cubs uni.

Astros comeback in the 9th and score 3 to take the win.
pimp.gif

Valverde was scaring me for a moment.

Got back from the Cubs/Nats game tonight. I was seriously crushed. Plus the train ride home was getting me heated. Stupid kid was poppin off at the mouth and Iwas getting pretty heated. Hopefully the game tomorrow will result with a W.

That's exactly why I have my avy
tired.gif
I would seriously take a crowbarto this mans pitching hand if I ever got the chance
devil.gif

0c215fc9e04d0f14831f6d9b881727d98ee40c3.jpg

Cards walk off with win over Astros

Schumaker's RBI gives starter Wainwright complete-game win
By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

ST. LOUIS -- Skip Schumaker rapped a game-ending one-out RBI single in the ninth inning, as the Cardinals beat the Astros, 4-3, at Busch Stadium on Saturday afternoon. The knock made a winner of Adam Wainwright.
Brian Barton led off the ninth with a walk against Dave Borkowski. Wainwright was unable to advance him with a bunt attempt, reaching first base on a force play instead. Brendan Ryan singled, putting men on first and second, and Schumaker's first hit of the game scored pinch-runner Cesar Izturis.

Wainwright pitched the first Cardinals complete game of the year, allowing three runs -- all on solo homers -- and five hits while striking out six. The right-hander didn't issue a walk until Lance Berkman and Carlos Lee drew consecutive free passes with two outs in the ninth. Wainwright outlasted Houston ace Roy Oswalt, who permitted three runs over six innings.

It was the second time in Wainwright's career that he gave up three home runs in a game. He also allowed three on June 7, 2007, against the Reds. More impressively, the game marked only the third time in Wainwright's career that he allowed even two homers in the same game.

St. Louis took an early lead with a three-run third inning. Albert Pujols hit a two-run double off Oswalt, and Troy Glaus added a sacrifice fly that gave the Cardinals a 3-1 advantage.

The game was briefly delayed in the top of the third inning when both benches and bullpens cleared. Half an inning after Cardinals catcher Jason LaRue was hit by a pitch, Wainwright threw behind Astros catcher Brad Ausmus with the first pitch of the third inning. Ausmus was clearly irritated and had words for the Cardinals. The exchange never escalated from verbal to physical, however.

Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

laugh.gif
@ the benches clearing and nothing happening. Nice way tocome through in the clutch Skip
pimp.gif

Just got home from the Jay-Z/ MJB concert....good to see that the Cubbies won. Big Z was dominant.

FInally Glaus got a damn home run.....Hopefully he wont show as much Frustration as he was the first few weeks. Pujols just being Pujols

Cardinals power past Astros in finale

Slugger Glaus clubs first home run of the season

By Matthew Leach / MLB.com

ST. LOUIS -- Troy Glaus' first home run of the year capped a four-run fifth inning, as the Cardinals beat the Astros, 5-1, at Busch Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Ryan Ludwick hit a two-run double and Albert Pujols added a solo home run for St. Louis, which had gone eight straight games without a homer. Kyle Lohse pitched six excellent innings, allowing four hits and one walk while striking out three. Lohse is 2-0 with a 1.08 ERA in four starts at Busch Stadium this season. Rick Ankiel and Pujols each walked with one out to start the fifth-inning rally against Astros starter Brandon Backe. Ludwick drilled a double to deep right-center, scoring both men and giving the Cardinals a 2-1 lead. Glaus followed with a long ball to center, ending a homerless streak of 27 games that dated back to last season. It was the second-longest such string of his career. Kyle McClellan tossed three innings of shutout relief for the Redbirds, earning the first save of his Major League career. Both benches and bullpens emptied in the fifth when Yadier Molina took exception to a Backe pitch that came high and inside on the catcher. No punches were thrown as the two teams argued but did not actually fight for the second straight day. The Cardinals improved to 16-10 on the season, including 10-5 at Busch Stadium. They moved within one-half game of the first place Cubs in the National League Central. Matthew Leach is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

laugh.gif
Benches cleared again. I am just glad the Cards won this series, should have swept though.

Damn, STL and Houston gonna go thru this all season long? Sooner or later one of those meaningless meetings on the field will turn into something. Justtakes one player havin a bad day or bein in a bad mood and it's on!
eek.gif

Terrible, terrible series vs the Nats. First time this season where we let a team beat us down that we should have been able to handle. That kid that pitchedfor them yesterday though was tough. We couldn't do nothin with him. Again though, too many missed opportunities, we need to get a little more clutch inorder to keep this going all season.

no wonder this thread ain't on the front page...Cubs, Brewers, and Cards all lost yesterday.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom