Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

He thought u'd give in since Rashard has been out and u've been missing out on his stats. Fool is coming back next wk haha I have Rashard too and desp.need his pts and 3pters.

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

He thought u'd give in since Rashard has been out and u've been missing out on his stats. Fool is coming back next wk haha I have Rashard too and desp. need his pts and 3pters.
Word. I aint that stupid
laugh.gif
. Id probably consider if thiswas 05-06 Brand, but his days are over.

JR smith coming back tomorrow. Him and Lewis=points and 3s which I need. Hopefully Lewis can produce some REB.

Surprisingly, I've been surviving even though im missing two key players.

I drafted Bynum, Carter, and Troy Murphy
Man, I did the same too. Not to mention Tay Prince, Anthony Randolph (though hes been getting mins lately),

Who can I realistically get for Granger?
He isn't doing bad but he seem to have some nagging heel injury that may sideline him in the future.
Is anyone in the top ten plausible, like Carmelo or Nowitzki?
Is getting Josh Smith for Granger worth it?
What about Deron Williams for Granger?

Sorry for all the question, I'm just not sure what to do with my line-up.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Who can I realistically get for Granger?
He isn't doing bad but he seem to have some nagging heel injury that may sideline him in the future.
Is anyone in the top ten plausible, like Carmelo or Nowitzki?
Is getting Josh Smith for Granger worth it?
What about Deron Williams for Granger?

Sorry for all the question, I'm just not sure what to do with my line-up.
No Josh Smith isn't worth it. D Will, Dirk, Bosh, Durant, CP3, Bron, and Kobe are all worth it but I doubt u'll be able to get the latter4 straight up. I'd be cautious with Melo. His stats may drop slightly when J.R. premieres 2moro. I'd personally hold onto Granger unless you canpull one of those guys listed above because any smart owner will try to lowball you, knowing that Granger is struggling; I think he'll def. step it upsoon, even if he has to sit out for a week. Who's on the rest of your lineup?

Here's my roster:

G: Calderon, Gordon, Arenas, Ellis, Stuckey, J. Howard, Bibby
F: Galinari, G. Wallace, Granger, J. Thompson, Hedo, Aldridge
C: Nene, Haywood, Hibbert, Kaman, Bosh

I'm not doing too bad but i lost in fg% and assist last week and just won OReb by 2.

should I take this trade?

I get: Marvin Williams, Shawn Marion and Stephen Jackson

I give: Melo.

Sounds like a trade that favors me for sure, but with J. Howard back, will marion produce enough? Also Stephen Jack may be traded so he probably won't getnumbers like he does in golden state. Is it worth it for an all-star and arguably a top 5 fantasy pick?

Duhon has been trash so im thinking of dropping him.

I badly need assists though if I were to drop so this is the only group of players worth taking, but who?

Will Bynum
Ty Lawson
Randy Foye
Ramon Sessions

Or should I just keep Duhon since hes a starter? It sucks seeing him do nothing during games.

BTW

When you drop player A for player B, does player A count for today?

This is Yahoo league.

Originally Posted by tHrAsHeR08

should I take this trade?

I get: Marvin Williams, Shawn Marion and Stephen Jackson

I give: Melo.

Sounds like a trade that favors me for sure, but with J. Howard back, will marion produce enough? Also Stephen Jack may be traded so he probably won't get numbers like he does in golden state. Is it worth it for an all-star and arguably a top 5 fantasy pick?
would not trade... in any trade you have to make sure you come out of it the the stud in the deal... in this one Melo is the stud so therefore youshould not

RFX, honestly ure betta off keeping Granger. It's highly doubtful that you can get Kobe in a straight up trade but you may be able to get Durant, who willhelp you alot in boards and points of course. I'd say go for Dirk but you have so many PFs that people would have to get benched often. Melo is anotheroption and you should be able to get him straight up, yet I'd wait to see how he plays 2nite with JR in the line 2nite. 2good, if chalmers or evans are onFAs, then get them. If not, I'd say get Lawson, his mins will get cut but he should be effective; Bynum will only get production as long as rip is out.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

I badly need assists though if I were to drop so this is the only group of players worth taking, but who?

Will Bynum
Ty Lawson
Randy Foye
Ramon Sessions

Or should I just keep Duhon since hes a starter? It sucks seeing him do nothing during games.

BTW

This is Yahoo league.
bynum is a marginal player, i'd only run him in a deep league, unless stuckey goes down
lawson would blow up if billips got hurt; otherwise he'll only have decent lines when they blow ppl out
foye is more of scorer; he's better than duhon imo but if you want assists i'd keep duhon
sessions is playing behind flynn who is ballin and the t-wolves aren't going anywhere so flynn will get to run the show as they will go to the "youthmovement"

so with that being said... i believe foye is the better overall fantasy player, but if you need assists i would stand pat with duhon

to answer your other question, if you pick up a player today, you can't use him till the next day... i.e. if you pick up foye today nov 10th, you cant puthim in your lineup until nov 11th

Originally Posted by khoanizi

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Will Bynum
Ty Lawson
Randy Foye
Ramon Sessions

BTW

This is Yahoo league.
bynum is a marginal player, i'd only run him in a deep league, unless stuckey goes down
lawson would blow up if billips got hurt; otherwise he'll only have decent lines when they blow ppl out
foye is more of scorer; he's better than duhon imo but if you want assists i'd keep duhon
sessions is playing behind flynn who is ballin and the t-wolves aren't going anywhere so flynn will get to run the show as they will go to the "youth movement"

so with that being said... i believe foye is the better overall fantasy player, but if you need assists i would stand pat with duhon

to answer your other question, if you pick up a player today, you can't use him till the next day... i.e. if you pick up foye today nov 10th, you cant put him in your lineup until nov 11th
Thanks man.

What about if I, let say, drop duhon today (and he has a game today) and pick up Foye. Would Duhon still count as a starter if I put him in the line up?

Yeah, I have done that in a H2H leagues at times.
I wait until midnight to pick someone up so that the person I drop would count in that day.
So if I drop someone today and they have a game today, their stats would still count if I don't bench them.

Where the AI owners at?? Hold and hopes he comes back or let him go and watch him retire?

Originally Posted by parada45

How are you going to drop Derrick Rose?
I wouldn't drop Derrick Rose either. I'd keep him and wait for him. Either that or trade him.

Originally Posted by zdawgz

Where the AI owners at?? Hold and hopes he comes back or let him go and watch him retire?
I'd try to trade him or drop him. No point in having him rot on your bench. There's too much uncertainty there for me to wait for him.

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Should I trade Thaddeus young for roy hibbert?
I would. I'm liking what Hibbert is doing on my teams. I'd take a producing C than a producing SF/PF. But one thing to keep in mind isthat when Murphy comes back, his rebounds should naturally take a hit.

Should I trade Thaddeus young for roy hibbert?
Yeah when Murph is back he'll take a drop in rebs again. Also, I'd wait till he starts getting a little more playing time. If ure reallystruggling with boards and blocks then just go head and get him then.

my friend didn't bite on my trade hah, but

should I drop Thaddeus for Kenyon Martin Or T. Chandler for Kenyon Martin?

My team is suffering in boards in blocks cause D12 can't do everything for my team. D. West has no urge to rebound anymore and Bargnani doesn't grabenough of them or block enough shots.

Is Thabo Sefolosha worth adding? He could give me steals blocks, 3s, the occasional assists, some points. Shooting % has been good so far (54% from 3, 46 FG%)

Anyone else pick him up?

I went ahead and picked him up. Lets see if he can help me out this week

my friend didn't bite on my trade hah, but

should I drop Thaddeus for Kenyon Martin Or T. Chandler for Kenyon Martin?

My team is suffering in boards in blocks cause D12 can't do everything for my team. D. West has no urge to rebound anymore and Bargnani doesn't grab enough of them or block enough shots.

Get Haywood, Blatche, Speights, or Dampier. If they're not on the FA list, then I'd probably drop Chandler for Martin cuz Young seems to have alot ofpotential to put up some stats. btw I'm offering Rondo for Bargnani. is that enough for him? Also, offered Rondo and Haywood for Iggy, Roy, or JJ. enough? Edit: Rondo and Haywood for Roy trade declined and Rondo and T Chandler trade for Pierce declined too. only other players I'm willing to offer areRose, Grant Hill, J Tom, Hughes, Horford, and maybe M. Gasol. who should I throw in?

Originally Posted by parada45

How are you going to drop Derrick Rose?
dont get me wrong, hes a great player, but hes garbage as far as fantasy goes. doesnt score much and low fg%

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Don't get rid of Rose.
Too late. Jennings is averaging 10 more fantasy point than him and I'm 0-2. He was one of my top draft picks so I obviously didnt really wantto but it had to be done

Don't get rid of Rose.

Haywood > Speights > Dampier.

That's the order you should pick them up. Once Jamison comes back, Blatche's numbers will go down the tubes. Speights may be starting soon, but Haywoodhas been committed on the boards/blocks. If you want those two stats, go for Haywood > Dampier > Speights. Speights will get you more points than eitherof those two, but is that what you want from your center? I want reliable blocks and rebounds, that's what those two are good for.

Why do you want Kenyon Martin so bad? He's injured right now, and there's lots of other Denver Nuggets you should be interested in. JR Smith, orBirdman for example.

Thabo is great for bigger leagues with lots of positions, just don't expect him to awe you with his point production.

I have Blake Griffin and Kevin Love on my squad but i'm not sure who I should drop.

I also dropped Wilson Chandler for RJ. Good move??

Back
Top Bottom