OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD - (10-6) - Ravens @ Patriots - Wild Card

JD and Deadset, both you guys hit the nail on the head. Brady isn't all there yet (plus the offense has to get in sync) and the team looked lackadaisicalout there. There was a 3rd and short near the end in which it was apparent with the way the team was playing that not only would they NOT get the 1stdown...but they'd probably end up getting pushed back. And lo and behold...
smh.gif

Pats have 4 RB's but Brady has thrown 47+ passes in both games. $+@@ is that? That $$@* ain't gonna cut it for the rest of the season. The running gameneeds to be established...and not by having 7487656875 draw plays a game.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Our D did much better this week but there was still some crucial 3rd downs that they needed to step up and didn't. And again, QB has enough time to throwout there without moving around too much.
ohwell.gif
I'm not too worriedthough..."bend but don't break" as always.

They'll be at home and should be playing with much more energy than last week. No one should be taking the Ryan and the Falcons for granted...they'regonna bring the pressure to Brady so hopefully the offense gets it together.

per NT's KLJ:

the patriots have acquired prescott burgress from the ravens for a 7th round draft pick.

dude was niiiice at michigan. im interested to see how we incorporate him into our defense.

so thoughts on todays win:

- defense, pretty damn good job. granted, the offense kept atlanta's offense off the field for much of the game and particularly much of the 2nd half, butthe defense did great today. they continue to surprise me this season, so far.

- offense. we're getting there. i still maintain brady's pocket presence is right where it was in 2007. one step to the side, or a step up, and heavoids most of the pass rush. no sacks again. couple of drops were annoying to see. edelman with an easy first down drop, moss with the drop in on the would betd bomb, and then theres galloway
sick.gif
. the running game was solid today. fred taylor was gashing them. of course, this was the atlanta defense, so lets not gettoo too excited just yet. red zone offense is a HUGE problem right now. really need welker back...

Spot on Deadset.

The O-Line also deserves props for containing the Falcons D-Line and they gave Brady some great protection today (even though Light was holding Abraham alittle too much
laugh.gif
). Brady is showing flashes here and there of his '07 form but he still needs a couple more games to get that rhythm down with the restof the offense. Of course we got the Ravens next week so I don't how much progress will be made there...
ohwell.gif
. I think we really need Welker back by that game.

Galloway needs to step the !**% up. Gaffney being gone is a bigger loss than most thought it would be. And I'm hoping Wilfork's ankle injury isn'tanything too serious...

Freddy T
pimp.gif

4c35d34d0a7d37f50a992c1600f17f29-getty-.jpg

pimp.gif

the offense is still trying to find their mojo, but the Pats managed to dominate the Falcons.

i gotta salute the defense for the way they've stepped up. 3 games: 17, 16, and 10 points given up.

[table][tr][td]NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (2-1)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Did Not Participate in Practice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kaczur, Nick[/td] [td]OT[/td] [td]Ankle[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mayo, Jerod[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Knee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wilfork, Vince[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]Ankle[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Limited Participation in Practice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Butler, Darius[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Thigh[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Moss, Randy[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Back[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Slater, Matthew[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Elbow[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Springs, Shawn[/td] [td]DB[/td] [td]Knee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Welker, Wes[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Knee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wilhite, Jonathan[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Groin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wright, Mike[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]Shoulder[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Participation in Practice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brady, Tom[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Right Shoulder[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]BALTIMORE RAVENS (3-0)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Out[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Did Not Participate in Practice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pryce, Trevor[/td] [td]DE[/td] [td]Illness[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Smith, Troy[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Illness[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Limited Participation in Practice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bannan, Justin[/td] [td]DT[/td] [td]Knee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gooden, Tavaras[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Shoulder/Head[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Heap, Todd[/td] [td]TE[/td] [td]Back[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Johnson, Jarret[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Shoulder[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lewis, Ray[/td] [td]LB[/td] [td]Head[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Washington, Kelley[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Groin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Full Participation in Practice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Position[/td] [td]Injury[/td] [/tr][tr][td]No Players Listed[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Limited Participation (LP) = less than 100% of a player's normal repetitions
Full Participation (FP) = 100% of a player's normal repetitions
Did Not Participate in Practice (DNP)[/td] [td](O) Out = definitely will not play
(D) Doubtful = at least 75% chance will not play
(Q) Questionable = 50-50 chance will not play
(P) Probable = virtual certainty will be available for normal duty[/td] [/tr][/table]

all at practice on thursday/friday:

wes welker
vince wilfork
jerod mayo
randy moss

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

all at practice on thursday/friday:

wes welker
vince wilfork
jerod mayo
randy moss

pimp.gif
Yeah I heard that on 850 today...surprised Mayo was practicing, he might return sooner than we thought. I hope Wilfork and Welker are good enoughto go on Sunday (and their injuries don't slow them down too much).

i have Brady and Flacco on my fantasy team..i know Flacco has been having a stellar year so far but its LOYALTY BABY!!! im riding with Thomas Brady

it's GREAT to hear that Mayo is back at practice... i just hope he doesn't rush his return. take your time young fella

sweet win. good to beat a contender and show we can keep up with a strong offense and defense late in the game.

brady looked REAL comfortable in the 4th quarter, especially on that drive following the strip sack. he looked great on that drive and capped it off with anice TD to moss. i dont get why we didn't run fred taylor more as opposed to maroney. need to continue to get a little sharper in the red zone, although wedid a lot better.

the defense was great for a while until we got to the 4th quarter. they played way too soft on coverage on the last couple of drives by baltimore. they gotdecent pressure on flacco but definitely not enough. we got real lucky with the clayton drop.

lastly, how badly did you freak out when brady ran to the locker room after one of his QB sneak TD? i was at a bar and didnt have audio so i had no idea whatwas going on. seems like it was just a bathroom break tho.

Just heard on 850 that the Patriots are expected to sign Seau next week.
pimp.gif

I'm not expecting much but it's nice to have him on the team. You know he'll be helping out some of the younger guys.

I REALLY want him to win a SB, man...I was hurting for him after the loss to the Giants.
ohwell.gif

What a great win. Good to have Seau back with the team also. The defense is stepping up big time and the offense is starting to click. We had some plays go ourway but glad we got the win.

Deadset, they aren't using Taylor much because they're trying to save him. Basically, they're using Maroney as long as they can until he getsinjured. I don't wish injury on Maroney but they'll call up Green-Ellis and run from there.

3-1 is not bad at all.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

Deadset, they aren't using Taylor much because they're trying to save him. Basically, they're using Maroney as long as they can until he gets injured. I don't wish injury on Maroney but they'll call up Green-Ellis and run from there.
thats actually pretty interesting. didnt think of it from that angle. i can dig it, i guess. and i am a big ben jarvis green fan...hope he getssome time eventually.

Source: RB Taylor needs ankle surgery
The New England Patriots are preparing for life without their leading rusher, as Fred Taylor's injured right ankle will require surgery, according to a source close to the situation.

The surgery is not expected to sideline Taylor for the season, assuming there are no complications.

[h4]Patriots blog[/h4]
reiss_mike_m.jpg
ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss covers the New England Patriots in his blog. You can send questions and comments to his mailbag.

ESPNBoston.com

Taylor injured the ankle on his final carry of Sunday's 27-21 win over the Ravens, a 3-yard rush in which he came up hobbling after charging hard into the middle of the Baltimore defense. He has been held out of practice the past two days.

The 33-year-old Taylor, who is in his first season with the Patriots after spending the first 11 years of his career with the Jaguars, has been instrumental in helping provide more balance to a New England offense that skewed heavily toward the pass the first two weeks of the season.

In a Sept. 27 win over the Falcons, he rushed for 105 yards on 21 carries, logging the team's only individual 100-yard performance of the season. In the process, he moved past John Riggins into 15th place on the NFL's all-time rushing list.

The Patriots have been rotating their backs this season, but Taylor has totaled a team-high 45 carries for 201 yards (averaging 4.5 yards).

Laurence Maroney (27 carries), Kevin Faulk (16) and Sammy Morris (13) also have shared some of the load, while second-year player BenJarvus Green-Ellis -- who has been active for just one game this season -- is another option to pick up some of the slack.

Great.
smh.gif

real tough loss

first half was pretty good. but then in the 2nd half we just disappeared on offense. that loss was mostly on the offense. brady really needs to get that touchback. granted, some of the misses are more of a communication issue between him and the receivers, but i mean he's gotta hit that deep ball with moss wideopen. the one that hit welker in the foot was definitely a breakdown in communication, welker was thinking of going downfield and brady probably expected acurl route or something. it's small things like that but it's killing us. matt light going down ended up hurting us. night and day between the twohalves tho. need to get more consistent.

we all know our defense isn't going to win games, only keep us in them, so im not too surprised that they just drove down our throat at the end. good tosee mayo back and active out there. mcgowan has impressed me this year so far out there.

on to the titans...a MUST win

matt light seen at gillette on crutches...status unknown for sunday

this isn't good. looks like vollmer will start or kazcur will move over and vollmer fill in at kazcur's spot.

[h2]Timetable for return still uncertain[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com

New England Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light has no ligament damage in his knee or ankle, team sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, but his timetable for returning to the field is still uncertain.

[h4]Patriots blog[/h4]
reiss_mike_m.jpg
ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss covers the New England Patriots in his blog. You can send questions and comments to his mailbag.

ESPNBoston.com

Light, who injured his right knee in Sunday's Patriots loss to the Broncos, was seen walking using crutches on Monday in the Patriots locker room. He was injured in pass protection on the first play of the fourth quarter Sunday, an 11-yard completion from Tom Brady to Wes Welker. He was attended to by trainers on the field, before being helped off. After being examined on the sideline, he departed for the locker room and did not return.

Light moved gingerly on the crutches Monday, not putting weight on the injured knee.

Light has started 59 consecutive games since the 2005 season, when injuries limited him to only three appearances. During a nine-year career, Light has played in 118 games (starting all but two).

[h2]Seau to help Patriots' linebacker corps[/h2]

Comment Email Print ESPN.com news services

Linebacker Junior Seau, whose return to the New England Patriots has been long-anticipated, made it official Tuesday, according to a news release from Versus.

[h4]AFC East blog[/h4]
graham_tim_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

Seau, who has been shooting episodes for his show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," on the network, will provide depth and leadership at linebacker, where the Patriots have had a run of injuries. Versus said the show will debut Dec. 2, as planned.

Seau, a 12-time Pro Bowl player, came out of retirement last year to play the final four games with the Patriots after playing 27 games with them in 2006 and 2007. He said this fall that he would be willing to return to play, but only for New England.

He likely will make this season's debut Sunday at home against the Tennessee Titans, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported last week. The Patriots will have to make a roster move to accommodate Seau on their 53-man roster.

"I'm very fortunate and honored to be involved with two class organizations -- the New England Patriots and Versus," Seau said in the statement. "I want to thank the management of both for making my return to the NFL with the New England Patriots a reality."

Coach Bill Belichick, when asked about Seau's reported signing during a conference call Tuesday afternoon, said: "We don't have anything to say about it."

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this report.

roll.gif
@ "Coach Bill Belichick, when asked about Seau's reported signing during a conference call Tuesday afternoon, said: "We don't haveanything to say about it."".

Back
Top Bottom