OFFICIAL 2009-2010 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS SEASON THREAD - (10-6) - Ravens @ Patriots - Wild Card

593732.jpg

pimp.gif

the Jets are so damn lame. they do all this yappin', while the Pats just sit back, ready to smack them on Sunday.

Brady said it best:

"I think we follow the lead of our head coach," Brady said. "I think because we feel a certain way, we don't necessarily need to tell everybody about it. I mean, we're confident. We have as much confidence as most teams in the league.

"No matter what you say on a Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday, it doesn't matter much. I think our execution is what's most important and that's what we choose to focus on."

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

Brady said it best:

"I think we follow the lead of our head coach," Brady said. "I think because we feel a certain way, we don't necessarily need to tell everybody about it. I mean, we're confident. We have as much confidence as most teams in the league.

"No matter what you say on a Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday, it doesn't matter much. I think our execution is what's most important and that's what we choose to focus on."
pimp.gif

talk is cheap...brady has said it dozens of times whenever people ask him about comments made by other teams...and it usually turns out to be justthat

pimp.gif

I wish I could laugh at Rhodes, but I'm sure Porter will say something equally stupid in a few weeks.
smh.gif

I hope they go right after him like they did to that fool Anthony Smith.
pimp.gif

lets not forget when brady did respond w/ his version of comeback trash talk

when asked about a giants comment the pats would be held to like 17 points in SB 42 he scoffed and said "okay....right...."

sigh......

as for these embarress the patriots talk? cmon, we're in the same division and we have 3 rings and continuously beat u at home and stay ending ur playoffchances....i dont think losing this game would be an embarressment for us, a blow but not an embarressment

now if he meant embarress by blowing us away or shutting us out........keep dreamin son

^ he specifically meant blowing us out and making us look REAL bad. he said, their goal isn't winning the game, it's to embarrass us completely.hopefully it turns out to be an anthony smith prediction and not a joey porter variety

I don't know what to say really.
Three minutes
to the biggest battle of our professional lives
all comes down to today.
Either
we heal
as a team
or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch
play by play
till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemen
believe me
and
we can stay here
and get the %+** kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way
back into the light.
We can climb out of hell.
One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think
I mean
I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.
I uh....
I pissed away all my money
believe it or not.
I chased off
anyone who has ever loved me.
And lately,
I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life
things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.
But,
you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is football.
Because in either game
life or football
the margin for error is so small.
I mean
one half step too late or to early
you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast
and you don't quite catch it.
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever break of the game
every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch
On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us
to pieces for that inch.
We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.
Cause we know
when we add up all those inches
that's going to make the %!!%+%# difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this
in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who is going to win that inch.
And I know
if I am going to have any life anymore
it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch
because that is what LIVING is.
The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

smh.gif

Brady looked SHOOK out there today. i've never seen that from him, he seriously look scared. he was so discombobulated that it reminded me of Cassel in hisfirst few starts last year.

is it time to panic? not yet. i think Brady will get back on track vs the Falcons.

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

smh.gif

Brady looked SHOOK out there today. i've never seen that from him, he seriously look scared. he was so discombobulated that it reminded me of Cassel in his first few starts last year.

is it time to panic? not yet. i think Brady will get back on track vs the Falcons.
he looked exactly like he did in the 07 superbowl and against the ravens in 07. the rush didn't help the fact that he and the WRs (mainlygalloway) were not on the same page. he'd throw an out, and galloway would turn in. he was high on a few throws due to the pressure. there were some drops.and then the moronic playcalling. basically nothing went right on offense.

this team needs to run more. fred taylor came in and ran pretty well. it opened up the passing game as well. cant have brady throwing 50 times a game. its notgonna work.

our defense surprised me today. i think they played great except for the one drive to open the 2nd half where they let jets score on three plays. the glaringproblem is pressuring the QB. we couldn't really get to sanchez too much. but even so, only 1 TD allowed. typical bend but dont break style of defense thatwe normally have. don't get me wrong, we're far from a great defense. but the defense showed up today and imo they did their part.

Yeah, our defense did a decent job even with Mayo out. They kept us in the game but our offense was sloppy as hell.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

this team needs to run more. fred taylor came in and ran pretty well. it opened up the passing game as well. cant have brady throwing 50 times a game. its not gonna work.

our defense surprised me today. i think they played great except for the one drive to open the 2nd half where they let jets score on three plays. the glaring problem is pressuring the QB. we couldn't really get to sanchez too much. but even so, only 1 TD allowed. typical bend but dont break style of defense that we normally have. don't get me wrong, we're far from a great defense. but the defense showed up today and imo they did their part.
Freddy T needs to be the full time RB and get 15-20 carries a game.

the D was solid. they sorely miss Mayo (and Seymour) though. where was Derrick Burgess? i didn't hear his name called all game.

now, i know this is the LEAST of the worries, but i think the Pats should sign Justin Miller. someone who is a threat returning. Maroney and Faulk returningisn't getting the job done.

burgess is still learning the defense i think...not sure what his deal is tho.

and yeah...freddy t full time with 15-20 carries would be good. gotta keep defenses honest. theyre just bringing the house, and teams will continue to do it.the ravens, eagles, and giants all laid the blue print to beating our offense in 07. we have to adapt. can't be the same all out aerial attack that we usedto be.

I don't like how nonchalant the Pats looked today. It seemed like almost everyone was just going through the motions, which is weird for a big divisionalgame. The Jets clearly wanted it more.

^ yeah. as big as the jets treated this game, we seemed to treat it in the exact opposite way. even in the post game, people were almost like, "we justsucked, whatever, on to next week."

after tommy the goat' s reconstructive surgery then the buffalo jills game it seemed 2 me d's have finally caught up 2 moss and brady.....maybe true alittle but now im also wonderin r we really missin j. mcdaniels that much? i mean shoot .............

Originally Posted by CoostheDonDini

if that kick wasn't returned in Buff, Pats would b 0-2 in 09..eek!!

Go GMen!
if edelman doesn't drop a pass...we might be 2-0...see how that works? gthoh
laugh.gif

the big show just brought this up:

"last year peyton manning was way off until about week 5 or so...and then he went on to win MVP. don't sleep on brady and the pats offense yet."

Back
Top Bottom