Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

laugh.gif
hopefully he knows it's all jokes.

damn only 34? and here i was thinking that onewearz was around to witness all 26 yankee titles
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

man i told u guys before nothing is ever taken personal, it's all jokes ......

i ain't seen all 26 but i was at yankee stadium gm 2 of the 1978 ALCS with my dad, i was 2 yrs old and i swear to god i remember sitting in the right fieldstands by the foul line and screaming at reggie jackson . i even remember he had ear plugs. my dad said we had to leave early cause i pissed myself
laugh.gif

og yankee fan status
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

damn only 34? and here i was thinking that onewearz was around to witness all 26 yankee titles
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Girardi leaning towards a 3-man rotation.

NEW YORK -- The Yankees may go with a three-man rotation against the Los Angeles Angels in the American League Championship Series.
CC Sabathia is scheduled to start Friday night's opener, with A.J. Burnett and Andy Pettitte as New York's other two primary starters.

The shortened rotation would allow manager Joe Girardi to keep Joba Chamberlain and Chad Gaudin in the bullpen.

"In the 10-day forecast that I looked at, it looks like we have some rain in the forecast, so that can change things," Girardi said Tuesday during a conference call. "But we are definitely considering possibly going to a three-man rotation in this round, but we'll have to take a look at it and see how it goes."

New York swept Minnesota in the opening round, and used Chamberlain as a setup man in all three games. He pitched 1 2/3 scoreless innings, allowing two hits, and combined with Phil Hughes and the rest of the bullpen to bolster the link between starters and closer Mariano Rivera.

"That was pretty good with us in the first round," Girardi said. "If you go to a three-man rotation, obviously he stays in the bullpen. But if you go to a four-man rotation, then we have to weigh the benefits of either putting Joba in the bullpen or putting Chad in the bullpen."

Sabathia made his final three regular-season starts for Milwaukee on three days' rest in 2008, then started again on short rest in the playoffs against Philadelphia, lasted just 3 2/3 innings and lost.

New York limited him to 230 innings during the regular season -- down from 253 the previous year. He will start the opener against the Angels on eight days' rest, another factor the Yankees believe will enable him to be effective in Game 4.

"Not getting him to 250 innings during the regular season allows us to consider that," Girardi said. "We've told him, though, to concentrate on Game 1. That's the most important game, and we'll go from there."

Girardi hasn't decided whether to again have Jose Molina catch Burnett instead of Jorge Posada.

To do that, Girardi said he probably would have to again carry Francisco Cervelli as a third catcher, allowing the team to take out Posada for a pinch runner late in a game.

Five Questions about Angels-Yankees

Now this is a League Championship Series. The New York Yankees and Los Angeles Angels had the most wins in the major leagues this year, they scored the most runs in the major leagues, they each swept through the Division Series, and each team knows -- with the way the past few years have gone in the postseason -- that getting this far simply is not satisfying enough. This series has everything. It has history. It has Mark Teixeira against his old teammates, Bobby Abreu against his old team. The two teams split the season series 5-5 and are playing their best at the right time. It has all the makings of a great series. Here are five questions:
[h3]1. Is Alex Rodriguez on his way to a monster postseason?[/h3]It certainly looks that way. The look on his face when he drilled a two-out RBI single in Game 1 against the Twins was one of liberation, as if he was telling himself, "Yes, I can do this." Before there were only questions -- he had had only one RBI in his previous 16 postseason games -- and now, it appears, there is only redemption. The game-tying home run off Joe Nathan in the ninth inning, saving Game 2, was perhaps another epiphany for A-Rod: "Yes, I can also hit for power in the postseason." And then he did it again with a game-tying home run off Carl Pavano in the seventh inning of Game 3. Rodriguez hit five home runs in 24 at-bats against the Angels during the regular season. And more good news for the Yankees: It seems Teixeira has joined Rodriguez in this redemptive postseason. There were those around baseball who wondered if Teixeira was up for being his best at the most important time, and now we might have that answer. Teixeira's first home run in his postseason career also was the first walk-off HR of his career. It won Game 2, leaving the park in 2.88 seconds.
[h3]2. How dangerous is that Angels offense?[/h3]It is relentless. They are the only team in history with 11 players with 50-plus RBIs, they tied the record for most players (10) with 100 hits and tied for the most players (nine) with 60-plus runs scored. "This is the best offensive team that I've been a part of," said Angels manager Mike Scioscia. Never was that more evident than in Game 2 of the LDS, when shortstop Erick Aybar -- a great defender, but, like everyone else in the lineup, a difficult out -- drilled a two-run triple off Josh Beckett to break the game open. Abreu deserves some credit for the Angels' offensive turnaround: They scored 118 more runs than they did in 2008. Abreu is one of the game's most patient hitters, and the effect seems clear -- the Angels were last in the league in pitches seen last year, but fifth in 2009. Against the Yankees in 10 games this year, the Angels scored 65 runs. First baseman Kendry Morales went 12-for-32 with three homers. Catcher Mike Napoli went 11-for-22. Look for the Angels to do what they have done to the Yankees several times in the postseason in this decade -- putting pressure on the Yankees defense by running, and taking the extra base, at all times. No team went from first to third on singles more often than the 2009 Angels.
[h3]3. Will the Yankees catch Jose Molina in A.J. Burnett's starts?[/h3]They should, and this time, Jorge Posada should act more like the team guy he has always been. When Molina started in Game 2 of the LDS, Posada whined about it. He had a point; he had started 79 of the past 80 postseason games. No catcher in history had even come close to his starts behind the plate in the postseason. But this point is even stronger: Burnett pitches better with Molina back there in part because Molina is a much better defensive catcher than Posada (one major league manager said Posada has trouble handling pitches above his mask). Entering the postseason, Burnett's ERA with Posada catching was 4.96, which was the highest of any of the 10 catchers who had started at least 10 of Burnett's career starts, and was significantly higher than Molina's 3.28 with Burnett. So manager Joe Girardi chose the comfort of his pitcher over the feelings of his catcher. It has been done before. In 2000, Braves manager Bobby Cox started Greg Maddux's personal catcher, left-handed hitting Paul Bako, over Javy Lopez (24 home runs that year) against Cardinals left-hander Rick Ankiel in Game 1 of the LDS. Maddux gave up six runs in the first inning, but Ankiel was taken out in the second inning. Cox hit Lopez for Bako in the top of the second before he got an at-bat, but didn't pinch-hit for the next batter, Maddux, which had to be a first in major league postseason history, and likely a last.
[h3]4. How good is that Angels starting pitching?[/h3]It was as good as any in the American League for the last month and a half of the season, and then it was even better in the playoffs against the Red Sox. In Game 1, John Lackey combined with relievers on the first shutout in club history in 53 postseason games, and handed the Red Sox (no extra-base hits) their first shutout in their past 69 postseason games. In Game 2, Jered Weaver was almost as good, stifling the Red Sox lineup. After those two, they have three more options to start a game, with Scott Kazmir, Joe Saunders and Ervin Santana. The Angels will need four starting pitchers in the LCS, but they have five.
[h3]5. How good is the Yankees starting pitching?[/h3]Like A-Rod, CC Sabathia got rid of a lot of his baggage with a solid performance in winning Game 1 against the Twins. His career postseason ERA had been above 7.00. Those around him will say, and correctly, that in the past two postseasons he was exhausted by the regular season. Not this year. He got normal rest in the final two months, so he shouldn't be tired this year. The bigger question is Andy Pettitte, who had mild shoulder issues down the stretch, and was hit hard by the Angels this year: 0-2, 7.88 ERA, 21 hits and eight walks in 16 innings. Then there is a question about the No. 4 spot in the Yankees rotation. Will Joba Chamberlain get the ball, or will his two relief appearances in the LDS convince the Yankees that, at least for this postseason, he is better off in the pen? But if Chamberlain doesn't start Game 4, will the Yankees start Chad Gaudin?

Angels going to challenge Posada and Damon's arm all series.

3 man rotation wouldn't be the greatest thing (and keep Joba in the pen).

[h2]http://www.sohh.com/news/[/h2]
[h2]News: Jay-Z & Kanye West Takeover The Yankees, "Run This Town" Becomes Official Theme Song[/h2]
Tuesday, October 13, 2009 17:20:00

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

kanye-west-jay-z-300x300-2009-05-27.jpg

Jay-Z, Kanye West and Rihanna's "Run This Town" collaboration has taken over New York radio airwaves and become the Yankees' main anthem as they progress in the Major League Baseball post-season.

Remixed via New York station Z100, the song will now be played as the Yankees advance.
"Run This Town" has been made the theme song for the Yankee's and revamped to say "The Yanks gonna run this town tonight." The song was originally a spoof that was made by NY mega station Z100 but after they got massive responses to play it again, it was taken more seriously. The radio station hopes that Jay will eventually sing the song himself and help to amp up Yankee fans around the world. (Bossip)

The re-vamped track provides motivation for the renowned baseball team to trek and win their 27th World Series.
"Winning games like it's not fair/ The Yankees rule so we don't care/ 26 World Series rings/ Time to pop some more champagne/ Victory's within the mile/ Almost there, don't give up now/ Only thing that's on my mind/ The Yanks gonna run this town tonight." ("Yankees Run This Town")

According to Z100 executive producer David Brody, the song gained popularity from Big Apple fans.
"This song is not false bravado because the Yankees are really good this year," said David Brody, executive producer of "Elvis Duran and The Morning Show," who penned the parody. Fans were buzzing over the spoof, repeatedly requesting to hear it on the air - the only place it's available. "The responses have been tremendous," said Brody, who's really a Met fan. "Obviously, Yankee fever is big right now." (New York Daily News)

In addition the the theme song, Hov has been spotted at various Yankee games including the first postseason match-up earlier this month against the Minnesota Twins.
One Yankee fan thinks that slugger A-Rod's turning it on isn't because of his new girlfriend Kate Hudson, or him finally stepping up to the New York spotlight--instead, he credits none other than Jay-Z. During the playoffs, A-Rod came out to the Kid Cudi-assisted Blueprint 3 track "Already Home." (Idolator)

LINK

I knew there was something wrong with this thread having jumped up five pages since last night
laugh.gif

LOL KLJ talking about playoff failure when his team didn't even make it to begin with.

I don't like the idea of a 3-man rotation for this series, at all. But the idea of Gaudin facing that Angels lineup...
smh.gif
Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

Originally Posted by Proshares

Nice sig.

<-- November 9th.

#justsaying
damn who else is a Scorpio in here?

<-- November 14.

#justsaying
laugh.gif
November 10.
pimp.gif

I think Joe only wants Gaudin in long relief because Gaudin has always been shaky in the 5th and 6th innings...if he keeps him to pitching just 2 or 3, he*could* get away with it.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I think Joe only wants Gaudin in long relief because Gaudin has always been shaky in the 5th and 6th innings...if he keeps him to pitching just 2 or 3, he *could* get away with it.

If he could get to the 3rd or 4th it could work. But if we got 4 man. We need to start Joba. No way I let Chad Gaudin start a game 4 of the alcs.

But the 3 man rotation should happen, I think C.C will be fine with the short rest. He already has, and we have guys like Joba and Aceves if he gets introuble.

Well it all depends on how you want to work CC. You can have him pitch Game 1 and go on 3 days rest for Game 4 then normal for Game 7. Or Game 1, Game 5 in 6days or Game 7 in 3 days.

I'd rather the first scenario.

Well it all depends on how you want to work CC. You can have him pitch Game 1 and go on 3 days rest for Game 4 then normal for Game 7. Or Game 1, Game 5 in 6 days or Game 7 in 3 days.

I'd rather the first scenario.
Yeah the first scenario is the better option I think.....and idk I think if we go with a 4 man rotation that Gaudin should start....I mean if hecan get up a solid 4-5 innings then we would need Aceves for 2...then Joba/Hughes/Mo

it really all depends on how the series is shaping up. i think with a 2-1 or 3-0 lead Girardi will pitch Gaudin in game 4 for sure. Otherwise CC can definitelydo it.

2-1 we go for the gusto with CC. I'm not risking a Game 5 with the series tied. Lackey would be going and he is a monster in the playoffs. He's the oneAngel pitcher I'm worried about facing...

2-1 we go for the gusto with CC. I'm not risking a Game 5 with the series tied. Lackey would be going and he is a monster in the playoffs. He's the one Angel pitcher I'm worried about facing...

Exactly. This is what I've been tryna explain to my girl
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom