OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

"I've always been just fascinated with gas."

roll.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Thank you for helping bring T.O. back down to earth.

They'll be out of 1st in no time.
we need to put the jays and rays out of it so we can have a good ol' fashioned sox-yanks race to the finish...capped off with a sox yanks ALCSof course

Yea I said it in the Yanks sturggling thread. That although it was nice to see them struggle. at the end I want to go through them in the playoffs. The WorldSeries just doesnt seem complete without a Sox/Yanks ALCS.

southwest airlines sent me tickets to the mariners @ red sox game on july 3rd....get to see my dude junior
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

southwest airlines sent me tickets to the mariners @ red sox game on july 3rd....get to see my dude junior
pimp.gif
Word???? Yea I was thinkin about copping tickets for that weekend too. But I forgot im about to be out of town. That was my first Sox game when Iwas younger. I went to see Griffey. Had the jersey on and everything sittin third base side. It was great. But thats when I wasnt really a Sox fan it was morefor Grif. But as I got older the family tradition of rooting for the Sox just kicked in.

word. i feel like everyone our age loves griffey. dude was just so likable when he was in seattle.

Can't believe how yall did my man cecil ... smh ... that's how he always was though, get shelled one game and throw a shutout the next two ... not thatit matters to the sox but watch for him throwin a no no next week in bmore ... glad to see ortiz back though ...

laugh.gif
@ lugo missing the base, millar getting his toe back on the base, and lugo still getting called safe

on to the mets...

GAME 1: Johan Santana, LHP (5-2, 1.36) @ Daisuke Matsuzaka, RHP (0-1, 12.79)
GAME 2: Mike Pelfrey, RHP (4-1, 4.61) @ Josh Beckett, RHP (4-2, 5.85)
GAME 3: Tim Redding, RHP (0-0, 3.00) @ Tim Wakefield, RHP (5-2, 3.59)

With David Ortiz struggling, I came across something about Boston wanting to trade for a young hitter like Matt LaPorta.

First off, that just isn't going to happen.

But, hypothetically, while still being realistic, what would Red Sox fans expect to give up in terms of pitching for one of the best offensive prospects inbaseball?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

With David Ortiz struggling, I came across something about Boston wanting to trade for a young hitter like Matt LaPorta.

First off, that just isn't going to happen.

But, hypothetically, while still being realistic, what would Red Sox fans expect to give up in terms of pitching for one of the best offensive prospects in baseball?
i would assume buchholz would be part of the package, which im OK with. bowden is another name that may get thrown into the mix. personally, im okwith giving up buchholz, but would rather not give up bowden.

Back
Top Bottom