OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

adam sandler in the house
pimp.gif

is this dude a boston or NY fan? i'd assume a NY fan

i was in the bathroom. i turned the volume up extra loud, and orsillo had me almost missing the toilet
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Gomez made that catch look a lot harder than it actually was
ohwell.gif

yeah i'm feeling these hats JD...gotta check minorleagues.com and see if they have em. they usually have em at decent prices

YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
pimp.gif

roughly hitting .320 with 2 outs and RISP as a team....that's a wild stat
laugh.gif

Youk is such a beast. I never thought he'd turn out to be as good as he is.

[table][tr][td]2009 American League - Standings[/td] [/tr][tr][td]EAST[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]18[/td] [td].600[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NY Yankees[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]19[/td] [td].578[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]21[/td] [td].563[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]23[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]26[/td] [td].422[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][/table]
all is once again well in the AL East
pimp.gif

so some rumors/ideas of local sports media in boston:

1) what's the bigger problem right now, DH or SS? most will come out and say SS, but clearly it's DH. lowrie will be back soon, and while he's notan imposing hitter by any means, he'll provide steady defense, which is all you really can ask for out of your number nine guy. DH on the other hand, hasone job, and that is to hit. so when the damn DH is not hitting, why is he in there? but when do you say ortiz is done? how long is this slump just a slump?

2) with buchholz and bowden turning plenty of heads in pawtucket, brad penny could be used as tradebait. the brewers are looking for some starting pitiching,and so penny for, say j.j. hardy might make sense for both teams.

3) speaking of slumps, is papelbon in a mini slump of his own?

Originally Posted by JD617

Youk is such a beast. I never thought he'd turn out to be as good as he is.

I always heard him being touted as a smart, OBP guy who drew a lot of walks when he was in the minors. Never expected this kind of production out of him.

I completely forgot they had an afternoon game today.

laugh.gif
at both catchers and managers getting tossed.

Back
Top Bottom