OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

http://twitter.com/sportsguy33
sportsguy33Gee, I can't believe John Smoltz's start went badly. Thought for sure a 42 yr-old NL starter would kick %++ in mid-July Texas.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

laugh.gif
Baseball Tonight not showing Smoltz giving up all those HRs
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
i have no idea what homers you speak of...

ohwell.gif
smoltz needs to figure "it" out quick....we don't havetime for him to dilly-dabby around on the mound

laugh.gif

in all honestly...we KNEW it was gonna happen eventually over the summer. we'll fix it soon enough...that lead isn't all yours just yet.

we're 1 game up, if the season ended today it'd be all ours
laugh.gif

i can't wait till august, REVENGE WILL BE OURS !!!!!

could i get any stupider
roll.gif

laugh.gif
all good

hope the rays fall off so it just stays a two team race...i dont need them making things difficult and effing up my universe like last year

Where do the Sox stand on trading Justin Masterson these days?

Buchholz is untouchable. What about Masterson, Bowden and Bard for Vic? Too much?
Earlier tonight, we heard from Bob Elliott that a number of teams have scouts on hand to watch the Indians play the Blue Jays in Toronto. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe elaborates on this from the Red Sox's perspective, reporting that they "have one of their top pro scouts on hand."

We learned today that Sox All-Star Tim Wakefield was moved to the DL with a back strain. Cafardo mentions this and adds that "John Smoltz and Brad Penny haven't pitched at a high level." The implication seems to be that the Sox are kicking the tires on Toronto's Roy Halladay and Cleveland's Cliff Lee.

Cafardo lists a number of hitters that the Jays and Indians might make available as well, noting the the Red Sox "certainly have an interest in [Cleveland's Victor] Martinez."

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Where do the Sox stand on trading Justin Masterson these days?

Buchholz is untouchable. What about Masterson, Bowden and Bard for Vic? Too much?
in terms of "untouchableness"...i would say: buchholz > bard > masterson > bowden

you could probably get one of the last three pitchers along with some position players for vic...

Back
Top Bottom