OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Originally Posted by JD617

Time to make up an injury for Dice-K.

prayers answered....

Saturday, June 20, 2009
Red Sox to skip Dice-K in rotation

Associated Press

BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka will skip his next turn in the rotation with weakness in his right shoulder, and the Japanese phenom could be headed to the disabled list. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the team had nothing official to announce. But he said an MRI exam showed no structural damage, though there was a weakness and "we're going to have to fix it. It's going to have to be addressed." Matsuzaka's day to pitch would have been Thursday, but that's also the day John Smoltz is scheduled to make his return from rehab. "What we decided on going forward is he's not going to make his next start," Francona said. After a 3-0 win over Atlanta on Saturday night, Francona said that the team isn't making a move yet. The Red Sox have an off-day on Monday and Smoltz ready to pitch on Thursday. "We're just trying to do what's right," Francona said. Matsuzaka was 18-3 with a 2.90 ERA last season, his second in the majors after a whirlwind courtship that required the Red Sox to pay $51.11 million for the right to negotiate with the Japanese star and another $52 million for a six-year contract. But he is 1-5 with an 8.23 ERA this year after failing to get an out in the fifth inning Friday night and taking the loss. Francona said he stayed late at the ballpark Friday night, meeting with general manager Theo Epstein and pitching coach John Farrell. Before Saturday's game, Francona spoke to Matsuzaka. "He came in, and when we told him it became kind of obvious," Francona said. "It was a very good meeting. We needed to get him looked at." Matsuzaka was the MVP of the World Baseball Classic this spring for the second straight time after going 3-0 with a 2.45 ERA in 14 2-3 innings over three starts. Francona said Matsuzaka wasn't the same pitcher when he returned to Red Sox spring training. "It all started with the WBC. It's become obvious that his velocity wasn't what it was," Francona said. Smoltz, who hasn't started since April 27, 2008, has run the clock out on his rehab and was waiting for a spot in the Red Sox rotation. The team had talked about going to a six-man staff until the All-Star break, but now Smoltz will slide into Matsuzaka's spot. "As far as the rotation, that's not something I've ever been shook up about," Francona said. "I've never been bothered by having too much pitching."

hopefully smoltz can do work
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by JD617

Time to make up an injury for Dice-K.

prayers answered....

Saturday, June 20, 2009
Red Sox to skip Dice-K in rotation

Associated Press

BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka will skip his next turn in the rotation with weakness in his right shoulder, and the Japanese phenom could be headed to the disabled list. Red Sox manager Terry Francona said the team had nothing official to announce. But he said an MRI exam showed no structural damage, though there was a weakness and "we're going to have to fix it. It's going to have to be addressed." Matsuzaka's day to pitch would have been Thursday, but that's also the day John Smoltz is scheduled to make his return from rehab. "What we decided on going forward is he's not going to make his next start," Francona said. After a 3-0 win over Atlanta on Saturday night, Francona said that the team isn't making a move yet. The Red Sox have an off-day on Monday and Smoltz ready to pitch on Thursday. "We're just trying to do what's right," Francona said. Matsuzaka was 18-3 with a 2.90 ERA last season, his second in the majors after a whirlwind courtship that required the Red Sox to pay $51.11 million for the right to negotiate with the Japanese star and another $52 million for a six-year contract. But he is 1-5 with an 8.23 ERA this year after failing to get an out in the fifth inning Friday night and taking the loss. Francona said he stayed late at the ballpark Friday night, meeting with general manager Theo Epstein and pitching coach John Farrell. Before Saturday's game, Francona spoke to Matsuzaka. "He came in, and when we told him it became kind of obvious," Francona said. "It was a very good meeting. We needed to get him looked at." Matsuzaka was the MVP of the World Baseball Classic this spring for the second straight time after going 3-0 with a 2.45 ERA in 14 2-3 innings over three starts. Francona said Matsuzaka wasn't the same pitcher when he returned to Red Sox spring training. "It all started with the WBC. It's become obvious that his velocity wasn't what it was," Francona said. Smoltz, who hasn't started since April 27, 2008, has run the clock out on his rehab and was waiting for a spot in the Red Sox rotation. The team had talked about going to a six-man staff until the All-Star break, but now Smoltz will slide into Matsuzaka's spot. "As far as the rotation, that's not something I've ever been shook up about," Francona said. "I've never been bothered by having too much pitching."

hopefully smoltz can do work
pimp.gif

171072.gif

But hopefully he can come back strong and dominate like he had been.

And Ortiz with another HR already 2 day. Lovin it right now.

Diaz looked so physically and emotionally overmatched. His body language screamed, "I know I have zero chance of doing anything productive here."
laugh.gif

My $!+*+ Nick Green. And yea that swing by Diaz to bail Pap out in the 9th was rediculous.

And to top it off the yanks are down and cc is done after the second inning. Just wish he was chased from the game rather than just taken out because he wassweatin too much.

BOSTON (AP)-Struggling Red Sox starter Daisuke Matsuzaka(notes) went on the 15-day disabled list Sunday and could be sidelined much longer.

"This is not going to be a two-week DL," manager Terry Francona said. "We have to figure this out. We have a lot of work ahead of us to get himback to being Daisuke."

take all the time you need tito

b-e-a-utiful

laugh.gif

i got tickets to tuesdays game @ the nationals. i get to see poppin fresh pitch, sweeeet
laugh.gif

Nice, hopefully he pitches a good game. I hope we dont overlook the Nationals like some "other" team did last week, and we take care of business. Wein Washington so pitchers gotta hit, gotta pray Penny doesnt die of a heart attack on the way to second base.

going to tonight's game in DC. getting sent to DC for work finally pays off....30 dollar tickets to see my team. i don't think 30 dollars can get mestanding room at fenway
laugh.gif

pics to come

Jesus only 30 bucks. Where are the seats? Even though it prolly doesnt matter, you can have upper deck and I doubt they are gonna care if you move down towatch the Nationals. The crowd will be prolly 95% Red Sox anyways.

im in section 241...its like the scoreboard deck in center...but first row. looks like decent seats from their website, ill find out soon enough

Originally Posted by Proshares

I hope Dunn hits 4 HR's right at your exact seat and the Sox get crushed.

smile.gif
laugh.gif

he's going up against my dude pop'n'fresh tonight...so no chance in hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

2/3 from the Yanks
2/3 from the Jays

Boston is next...
You in the big leagues now. No more minor league talent to go against.

I kid to the Yankee lurkers And OSH since I think hes the only Jays fan on NT

But we bout to get in that @*% NH you aint takin this series

heading outta work to get over to the game. go sox!

get big on the mound tonight homey:
pillsbury-poppin-fresh.jpg

If he does good ill hav the PS ready for later use. If he blows it tonight the PS will still be made but it will NOT be good. I repeat it will NOT be good.

Thank god we get a break from Eck, Roberts is commentating tonight. Hopefully its for the whole series.

Edit: whats the post limit I dont have a secondary SN and im not tryin to get deaded 2night

Back
Top Bottom