OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

i thought paul lo duca was never gonna be traded
smh.gif

Paul Lo Duca wasn't that good, defense was below average, no power, above average contact hitter.

smh.gif

damn i was sad that day.

I also thought that Piazza, Karros would never be traded. But at least both of those players advanced beyond the 1st round of the playoffs.

The Hershiser Jersey is on point.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smh.gif
Paul Lo Duca wasn't that good, defense was below average, no power, above average contact hitter.

i never said dude was great. he just seemed like he'd be in dodger blue longer. i remember a lot of dodger fans were stunned once he got dealt. anywaysbout to figght this lame !!+ 70mph speeding ticket, lets hope this cop dont show
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Crazy how things work out, I mean, where's Paul LoDuca now??

Glad we have Russ in LA for a while.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn, opening day can't come soon enough, even though I'm in full "Laker Mode" right now, I'm excited for the season.
laugh.gif

I also thought that Piazza, Karros would never be traded. But at least both of those players advanced beyond the 1st round of the playoffs.
The only one that shocked me was Piazza. Karros was on the decline, it was frustrating seeing him run out of the box and down the first baseline,
smh.gif

Still, Karros had some good years, it is surprising to note that he never was selected to an All Star team.

As far as Lo Duca getting traded, yeah, Dodger fans were bent. It was a smart move trading him while his value was at it's highest. Well, if they wouldhave traded him after his Brady Anderson-esque 2001 season, his value would have been even higher. Dude smacked 25 HR's and hit .320.....
laugh.gif
He hit .281 and .273 the next two years hitting 10 and 7 HR's. He is anaverage .280 hitter the rest of his career (Except for '06) and averaged 7 HR's a season for the rest of his career. When his name came up as an HGHuser, I wasn't surprised.

It did get us Brad Penny, who got injured upon arrival
grin.gif
. Then was solidfor 3 seasons, until he imploded last season.

Martin, Loney, Kemp, Billingsley, Kershaw will be safe purchases at the moment.

Also it was LoDuca who was alledgedly peddling steroids and getting them shipped to the stadium

iron man.. i dig your post.. you had some good stuff in there... all very true.. but i am still skeptical.
and i am not just talking from a contract point.. look at the juice man Gange. Cy Young 2003, most saves ever, and really, last fan favorite before manny..etc.dudes break down, get hurt, get traded, dont perform.. etc. now duke showed up to dodgers spring training, sniffing around. I mean this guy won the TOPPITCHERS award, and he is basically forgot about.

And just based on the track record, and style of signings, you wonder if the young dudes are gonna get tired of 1 or 2 year contracts, or are tired of making400 to 800k a year. Where is the dodgers' "jeter"? thats what i want to know. Mr. LA. I would wear his jersey. When was the last time a guyplayed for us for atleast 10 years, and then retired a dodger? (im sure there is someone, but im talking a hero.)

smh.gif
I have a Gagne Jersey where i took off the Gagne partso now it's just #38 I feel you with not knowing what name to put that was my first jersey with a name on it I think I will stick to blank ones but if Ihad to take a guess I would say Russel Martin is gonna be here for a long time

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

^^good luck. If its chp, chances are ur screwed

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

this effin officer a-hole actually showed up.

i just asked for traffic school and kept it moving.

i saw officer a-hole outside of court and offered to shake his hand and say have a great day and the dude looked at my hand gave me the
indifferent.gif
and said, "no,its ok."

heartless +!+ bastard didn't even wanna shake my hand
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

i saw officer a-hole outside of court and offered to shake his hand and say have a great day and the dude looked at my hand gave me the
indifferent.gif
and said, "no, its ok."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
im pretty sure those guys get paid to show up for court man. its like a paid day off for them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by bright nikes

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
and said, "no, its ok."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
im pretty sure those guys get paid to show up for court man. its like a paid day off for them
laugh.gif
They do, my boy who's in LAPD, loves when someone tries to fight a ticket, because he gets paid, plus he pretty much gets the day off.
laugh.gif

man my classmates husband was a cop and i would ask him all these questions.

i asked him if they get paid overtime if they go to the court hearings, and he said no they dont.

i asked him about the radar gun and like entrapment and all that nonsense.

but, *knock on wood* always fight your tickets, pay the fine setup a court date - you always have a 50/50 chance the cop doesn't show and your case getsdismissed, if not then you get he chance to take traffic school.

They do, my boy who's in LAPD, loves when someone tries to fight a ticket, because he gets paid, plus he pretty much gets the day off.
laugh.gif

On the flip side, they are normal people too that like their days off, and it ruins their plans when they have to show up to court. I alwaysfight my tickets, cop has only shown up once. I know a couple of Sheriff's, and they hate going to court. They have to show up unless they have a goodexcuse. They do like showing up to court when they are on duty.

yo ironman, when a cop did show did u take the traffic school or get the trial?

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/03/doug-mientkiewicz-to-make-dodgers.html[/h1]
[h1]Doug Mientkiewicz To Make Dodgers?[/h1]
By Drew Silva [March 28 at 2:25pm CST]

Ramona Shelburne of the Los Angeles Daily News writes that Doug Mientkiewicz "seems to have played himself into contention for a spot on the Dodgers' Opening Day roster."

Just a month ago, Mientkiewicz was pondering retirement. Now he's being viewed as an ideal left-handed pinch hitting option for a squad with legitimate playoff aspirations.

"Doug's certainly got our attention," Dodgers manager Joe Torre said Friday. "I told him, `If somebody else sees you and you and you get an opportunity to play someplace else that's fine.' But he just won't let up. As Yogi (Berra) would say, he's trying to make himself necessary."

Mientkiewicz is hitting .300/.371/.700 this spring with two home runs and 11 RBI in 30 at-bats. Plus, he has one of the wildest player portraits on all of MLB.com.

he's that lefty we need off the bench.

i'm sure he'll do 10x better than sweeney
sick.gif
also give loney some rest.

Sorry to hear that BN..
laugh.gif
@ dude didn't want to have anything to dowith you though. Did he only show up for you or what? I had that happen to me about three years ago.. I postponed my court date like twice hoping dudedidn't show up. But sure enough, like ten months after dude issued me the ticket he shows up just for my hearing. He was trying to be nice and everythingprior and after the court..
grin.gif
.. I guess he appreciated his OT pay.

As for a jersey, I got my Martin one in 2007 but I have to have it tailored because I lost some weight since then. I think getting a Kemp, Kershaw, Loney,Martin, or Bills would be safe. Or you could always go the plain route. Or get a Scully one
glasses.gif
. I love the grey uni's with Dodgers on the front and would jump on aHersh one if I got the chance. For now though, I'm stuck with a plain old Wilson one...

Well check this out ... he got me on a 70MPH on 65MPH frwy 2 days before xmas, so after he wrote me a ticket I told him happy holidays
laugh.gif

So, I extended the ticket a month, paid it off, asked for a court date - and the thing is they need at least 30 days for your court hearing giving the copample time to figure things out.

My ticket was $160, and yes I was the only one he came for.

But, I remember a couple years ago I did online school and that +%!! was horrible it give me like 2 hours to read a paragraph, horrible
smh.gif

Back to beisbol, mr wolf really got roughed up today - I really think this will be the story of our pitching staff and its gonna be very inconsistent.

As for a jersey, I'm probably gonna buy a martin one

Btw jrdn goodjob on sheddin the pounds
pimp.gif

^ Thanks man, I went from like 215 to currently 165 so that Martin jersey fits like a dress now...

Well at least you got that thing settled and although it always hurts to dish out money for tickets at least it wasn't that high and sounds like youdidn't get the point on your record. But damn, that CHP dude was really tripping then... 5 miles over the limit?
sick.gif
+ Happy Holidays + attempt to shake hands.. dude is tough.

damn 165 man, get to like 175-180.

goodjob nonetheless.

in high school i was about 310-320, then i dropped to like 180
eek.gif
2 years after high school (insane dieting, 4 miles a day, lifting), now im at like 210lbsbut im really into power lifting and tryna be like brock lesnar-@#!

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

so if anyone needs lifting / losing weight tips hit me up.

nahhhhhhh, theres no way i can handle online school.

unless you know one that doesnt have a set time limit to read a damn paragraph.

im prolly just gonna find a school near me

2 options. I know somebody who will give you the traffic school completion cert for $50
smile.gif
but this was about a year or 2 ago...so it may have gone up. Andwhen I did my online traffic school...it was easy as $$%!. Several pages, all common sense questions on each page except for 1. That 1 question is supposed toshow you're reading the text. But just guess, if you miss, you retake it. It tells you which 1 you got wrong and lets you keep trying. And that was onlylike $20 after fees

MrJ what website was that?

The last website I did was suppose to be like that, but it took in total maybe 9 hours to finish it.

It gives you like 1-2hrs to read each section and wouldn't let you continue on, once the time expired the questions would appear then you can move on. Itwas so frustrating
laugh.gif

Brock Lesnar huh?
grin.gif
... It's hard to put on good weight man.. Iactually was down to like 157 so I've slowly been able to get some muscle mass back but I just keep working on it and trying to eat right.

By the way, they'll be showing today's game online (dodgers.com) so if any of you want to watch it. April 6th
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom