OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

embarassed.gif

Eff your life Broxton.

Man, it was so hard to sleep last night. I'm sure like all of you that have invested so much in this team, something like this just gives us eeriereminders of last year.

But, this year was suppose to be different.

When I replay that sequence back in my head ... I just realize how obvious it was Broxton was gonna blow it.

We went into this NLCS with the shocking news of the McCourts splitting up and the uncertainty future of our squad.

Then the Angels blowing that lead with Fuentes on the mound and me texting rude obscenities to the homie
nerd.gif

But, looking at the game ... Broxton is notorious for being a soft bum on the road (stats aren't lying here). He had a 4 out save with the bottom of theorder from the Phillies.

He threw a lot of pitches to get out of the 8th, which worried me a bit.

Dodgers failed to score an insurance run ... and then Broxton comes in.

TBS then thought it would be fitting to show Matt Stairs bomb which makes Broxton piss on his bed at night and also flashed his atrocious stats on the road.

Something had to give, and it did.

Broxton curled up in a little ball, put on his ripped up baby blanket and didn't want no part of stairs and you can just feel everything changed fromthere.
mad.gif

smh.gif
the hell happen last night

Speaking of off-season padilla needs to be back next year.

From Kemp's blog.
Twenty seven outs, man. Twenty seven outs.

Until that last pitch, I was happy. We had played a very good game. That's how baseball is. You gotta play 27 outs. Rollins hit a pretty good pitch and that's just what happens. He hit the spot and Jimmy just threw his hands and squared the ball up. When it was hit, I knew it was the game. He put it in a perfect spot, that's just the way it is.

We got to come back on Wednesday and we gotta fight and keep on pushing. We got practice tomorrow and we got to go about our business. We still have a lot of fight left, I really believe that. I know when it's time to play a game, we'll be ready. We need a win to take it back to L.A. It hurts right now. It happens to the best of us. We're going to try to ride this thing out.

This game was just shocking. That team is so much like us, it's kind of crazy. A very similar team as far as hitting. They never give up. They keep fighting. It's crazy, same thing happened to us last year. Then it was a home run, but it's just crazy what's happened to us here.

All we can do is win three in a row. Hopefully we can go home happy, down 3-2. We get it back to L.A., I think we have a good chance. I really do.

[h3]Mattingly interviews to be Tribe's skipper[/h3]Hitting coach led Dodgers to best NL batting average in '09
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

10/20/09 11:34 AM ET

PHILADELPHIA -- Dodgers hitting coach Don Mattingly, presumably being groomed to take over when manager Joe Torre retires, interviewed for the vacant Cleveland Indians manager's job, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reported.

Others interviewed were Manny Acta, Bobby Valentine and internal candidates Torey Lovullo and Travis Fryman, according to the report.

Mattingly, 47, is the former Yankees All-Star first baseman who was passed over for Joe Girardi as Torre's replacement when Torre and the Yankees parted company after the 2007 season. When Torre accepted the Dodgers' offer, he did so only if Mattingly and third-base coach Larry Bowa came with him.

Mattingly immediately took a half-season leave to attend to family issues, but he reclaimed his job after the All-Star break of 2008, and the Dodgers' offense immediately responded.

Preaching a patient, yet aggressive, approach at the plate, Mattingly had an offense that led the league in batting average and on-base percentage and was fourth in runs scored, even though it was 11th in home runs and left the most runners on base.

laugh.gif
Dear Broxton, please kill yourself, Sincerely, Los Angelesabout 14 hours ago from mobile web
http://m.twitter.com/

Dear Phillies, please win the series tomorrow, the $450 in ticket refunds would be appreciated, sincerely, 562s walletabout 14 hours ago from mobile web

Dear CincoSeisDos, It's the Dodgers, what do you expect. Neverending disappointment, time to realize it. Sincerely, your brain...about 14 hours ago from mobile web
http://m.twitter.com/

[h3]Dodgers to extend Colletti's contract[/h3]GM has led LA to postseason in three of his four years
By Ken Gurnick / MLB.com

10/20/09 3:25 PM ET

LOS ANGELES -- The Dodgers are about to announce a multiyear contract extension for general manager Ned Colletti, baseball sources told MLB.com.

Under Colletti, the Dodgers have won consecutive division titles for the first time since 1977-78 and reached the postseason in three of his four years. The last time that happened was 1963-66, nine general managers ago.

This year, Colletti provided manager Joe Torre with five in-season acquisitions -- George Sherrill, Vicente Padilla, Ronnie Belliard, Jon Garland and Jim Thome -- that were instrumental in varying degrees to the club locking up the division and the home-field advantage.

That came after Colletti spent the winter keeping alive contract talks with Manny Ramirez, whose acquisition by Colletti the previous summer carried the Dodgers to the postseason as Ramirez captivated the city. Colletti also re-signed free-agent infielders Rafael Furcal and Casey Blake and rebuilt the pitching staff with the acquisitions of Randy Wolf, Jeff Weaver and Guillermo Mota. His biggest coup might have been the signing of second baseman Orlando Hudson when other clubs were scared off by a career-threatening wrist injury. Hudson became an All-Star.

More importantly, Colletti resisted the temptation to trade away Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Jonathan Broxton, James Loney, Russell Martin and Chad Billingsley in recent years for quick fixes and kept intact the nucleus of a club that had the best record in the National League.

Colletti was criticized for the 2006 signing of free agent pitcher Jason Schmidt, who won only three games in three seasons; for signing Andruw Jones, who was released halfway through his two-year contract; and for giving a five-year contract to outfielder Juan Pierre.

But he also dealt the troubled Milton Bradley to Oakland for Ethier in his first trade as Dodgers GM and signed Japanese free agents Takashi Saito and Hiroki Kuroda.

Colletti, 54, was hired to replace Paul DePodesta Nov. 16, 2005, signing a four-year deal with a mutual option for 2010 and inheriting a team that had gone 71-91. He came to the Dodgers after 11 years with the San Francisco Giants, the last nine as assistant general manager. Before that, he worked for the Chicago Cubs in the public relations and baseball operations departments. His professional career began as a sportswriter in Philadelphia.

Sick pic FB23
pimp.gif

IMO, if there's a deal on the table for a front line starter that involves around giving Russ Martin, that deal will be done.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

world series tickets presale tomorrow. awesome.
smh.gif

If the Angels beat the Yankees maybe that will put pressure on the Dodgers management to make some moves. They don't wanna be second place in socal again
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Sick pic FB23
pimp.gif

IMO, if there's a deal on the table for a front line starter that involves around giving Russ Martin, that deal will be done.

I have so much respect for Padilla since he's come over.
Dodger Stadium giving some love to Padilla after a great pitched game.
pimp.gif

The misrepresentation of the fans is that we don't have any baseball knowledge. I say stick it up you crap hole.
laugh.gif

So whos pumped for Tomorrow?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Im done...

Like, emotionally and mentally burned out. Two years, two ABs, same guy on the mound.

What more do we need to see?

The bats did the bare minimum to put themselves in a good position, but it wasnt enough when the biggest guy on the grass gets shook like a baby in parentingclass.

Im just, tired as hell ...

If theyre going to lose, do it out there. I can use the money id get back from G6 and 7 right about now anyway...

When I replay that sequence back in my head ... I just realize how obvious it was Broxton was gonna blow it.
I wrote something similar to that on my facebook this morning and was blasted by a Red Sox fan. "way to have your teams back".
It has nothing to do with having my teams back. It has to do with what I've seen from this Broxton kid the last couple years.
He's a mental ******. On the road at least.
If Sherrill had been able to close out the 8th, Broxton comes in fresh for the 9th. It was a looong top of the 9th. He might have been alright.
I almost just turned the game off at the start of the bottom of the 9th and hopped on the PS3. maybe I should have.
I knew he was gonna blow it.
Let's face it folks. The Phillies have our number. They are too stacked pitching wise and offensively.
and this isn't any kind of reverse jinx. it's reality.
crazy to think that some of the cats in this thread weren't even born the last time we won a world series. or at least they were still crapping themselvesand don't remember it.

-J-

So you guys trying to head out to Boston next June?

Got the green light from my girl that she's joining me, but I haven't had time to complete my research for deals.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

So you guys trying to head out to Boston next June?

Got the green light from my girl that she's joining me, but I haven't had time to complete my research for deals.

I'm planning on it, but plans don't always go as planned. So as long as no +%+% comes up, ill be there. I haven't had time to research it either. Ijust hope the hotels aren't OD priced. If I'm doin it, I wanna do it right tho

Tough, tough loss. . .

Its like even though Brox has done this before, you still give him the benefit of the doubt. You still hope he could get the final out. But what do you know,he does it again. My jaw literally dropped. That play, that pitch, that hit really kill my hopes for the Dodgers to go to the WS. I even said, "There goesour season". After they scored, I wasn't mad. I wasn't mad because I have seen this in the recent years. The time I was really mad was when we hadLima on our team and the cards beat us in the first round. Well, little hope still remains. Can the Dodgers do it? Its possible. Will they do it? As a fan Iwill say yes. Why? because I'm a fan and I will always be a fan. We'll live and die with this team.
But what will really get me
mad.gif
is if the Dodgers come out defeated on Weds.
One thing we didn't do is que the sign of the cross gif.
laugh.gif

You know the last team to come back in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs was . . . the 1988 Dodgers, Kirk Gibson HR.

562 glad you're alive. Me and BN were bout to put out an amber alert for you. We thought you had jumped off one of your charter cable poles last night

Back
Top Bottom