Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Ok, so this is the first time I'm playing Fantasy baseball and I'd be lying if I said I know what I'm doing.
Any help fixing/improving my rooster would be greatly appreciated.
With that said, one thing I should mention is that at the moment I only have 1 rp, but in my league, there are two positions for rp. Who do you think I shoulddrop/trade?

Batting

Adam Lind
Magglio Ordóñez
Bengie Molina
Troy Tulowitzki
Kevin Youkilis
Dustin Pedroia
Mark Teixeira
Nick Markakis
Kurt Suzuki
Carlos Lee
Pablo Sandoval
Ryan Theriot
Elijah Dukes

Pitching

Bartolo Colón
Ricky Nolasco
Matt Lindstrom
Yovani Gallardo
Justin Verlander
Chien-Ming Wang
Carlos Zambrano
Jered Weaver

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

H2H for baseball is so dumb. Roto >>>>

COSIGN. My damn friends every year use H2H and I keep telling them it is not the proper way to decide a winner. This year a couple friends and I finally gotthe commish to switch to Roto but the rest of the league start bickering and he switched it back
smh.gif
Now I'm in second place behind a guy that Iwould've killed but since he went up against one of the worst teams in the league he's in first
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

H2H for baseball is so dumb. Roto >>>>

COSIGN. My damn friends every year use H2H and I keep telling them it is not the proper way to decide a winner. This year a couple friends and I finally got the commish to switch to Roto but the rest of the league start bickering and he switched it back
smh.gif
Now I'm in second place behind a guy that I would've killed but since he went up against one of the worst teams in the league he's in first
eyes.gif
Hmmm... maybe I'll consider it for next season...

i strongly suggest that everyone picks up Elijah Dukes. Dukes is going to EXPLODE now that he's the everyday CF (Milledge sent to AAA).

Good looks I will do that

Should I pick up Mike Napol? My catcher right now is Yadier Molina

3rd in my league right now,

C-McCann
1B-Cabrera
2B-Utley
3B-Chipper Jones
SS-Drew
OF-Adam Jones
OF-Carl Crawford
OF-Dukes
OF-Gomez
OF-Fukudome(dropped Milledge, and claimed)
MI-Sanchez, Bonifacio, Hardy
CI-Swisher, Laroche

Pitchers
Webb,Scherzer, Wang, Carpenter, Lester, Greinke, Millwood,
Bedard, Soria, Fuentes, and Morrow

my pitchers are hurt/getting rocked, who should I target?

Opinions or suggestions guys? Im in a 12 team league with little to no good FA's available.

We start a 4th OF and 2 Utility hitters along with the regular starters

and have 4 SP's, 3 RP's and 1 P spot starting.

Im thinking about trading one of my starters for some outfield help but Im not sure who to move (probably Wainwright) there's a guy in my league who hasJosh Hamilton on the block and wants SP help, but I really dont wanna let go of Santana or Haren and Wainwright alone wont get it done.

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Derek Lee
2B - Brandon Phillips
SS - Rafael Furcal
3B - Adrian Beltre
OF - Andre Ethier
OF - Rick Ankiel
OF - David DeJesus
OF - Jeff Francoeur
Util - 1B Prince Fielder
Util - 2B Emilio Bonifacio
Ben. - 3B Edwin Encarnacion
Ben. - 2B/SS Mike Aviles
Ben. - 1B/3B Hank Blalock
Ben. - C Yadier Molina

P - George Sherrill
SP - Johan Santana
SP - Dan Haren
SP - Adam Wainwright
SP - Kyle Lohse
RP - Brad Lidge
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Brandon Morrow
Ben. - Chien-Ming Wang
Ben. - Joe Saunders
Ben. - Jeremy Guthrie
Ben. - Edwin Jackson

Originally Posted by parada45

Good looks I will do that

Should I pick up Mike Napol? My catcher right now is Yadier Molina

If you need HR's, yes. He has one of the better HR/AB ratio in the league for catchers.

Michael Young
Robinson Cano

Dan Uggla
Ryan Theriot

Pick 3

would you guys do this trade

Jeter, Gardner, Mike Jacobs, and Jamie Moyer

and I would get:

Orlando Cabrera, Iwamura, Matt Holiday, and matt cain

I envy anyone with Ian Kinsler.

At the moment, he is 6 for 6 on the night. He has already hit for the cycle, and he just hit another double (in the8th inning).

Originally Posted by bkmac

I envy anyone with Ian Kinsler.

At the moment, he is 6 for 6 on the night. He has already hit for the cycle, and he just hit another double (in the 8th inning).
Best second baseman in the AL...
pimp.gif

Kinsler is on the DL for 30 or so games a year. You better hope he makes up for it early. Check the stats if you don't believe me over the last few years.I personally like Brian Roberts more than him. Just because he gets a lot of SB.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Kinsler is on the DL for 30 or so games a year. You better hope he makes up for it early. Check the stats if you don't believe me over the last few years. I personally like Brian Roberts more than him. Just because he gets a lot of SB.

Truth

Team G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
2007 BAL 156 621 103 180 42 5 12 57 89 99 50 7 .290 .377 .432 .808
2008 BAL 155 611 107 181 51 8 9 57 82 104 40 10 .296 .378 .450 .828
That's Roberts the last 2 years

2007 TEX 130 483 96 127 22 2 20 61 62 83 23 2 .263 .355 .441 .796
2008 TEX 121 518 102 165 41 4 18 71 45 67 26 2 .319 .375 .517 .892

That's Kinsler. So 20 fewer games, 100 fewer at bats. 20 less hits, less doubles and triples. And less SB by a long shot, where SBs are hard to find forplayers who contribute as much as Roberts does. Sure he gets more RBIs. But he doesn't get on base enough. He had a good year last year, the yea before wasmeh. I still rather take a player who's over there always vs someone who might go on 1-3 DL stints. Only thing Kinsler has over Roberts is HRs. Avg is onlylast year so don't say anything about him repeating just yet. It's still a very young season. We are talking Fantasy, where 1-3 bad weeks can kill you.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

2007 BAL 156 621 103 180 42 5 12 57 89 99 50 7 .290 .377 .432 .808
2008 BAL 155 611 107 181 51 8 9 57 82 104 40 10 .296 .378 .450 .828
That's Roberts the last 2 years

2007 TEX 130 483 96 127 22 2 20 61 62 83 23 2 .263 .355 .441 .796
2008 TEX 121 518 102 165 41 4 18 71 45 67 26 2 .319 .375 .517 .892

That's Kinsler. So 20 fewer games, 100 fewer at bats. 20 less hits, less doubles and triples. And less SB by a long shot, where SBs are hard to find for players who contribute as much as Roberts does. Sure he gets more RBIs. But he doesn't get on base enough. He had a good year last year, the yea before was meh. I still rather take a player who's over there always vs someone who might go on 1-3 DL stints. Only thing Kinsler has over Roberts is HRs. Avg is only last year so don't say anything about him repeating just yet. It's still a very young season. We are talking Fantasy, where 1-3 bad weeks can kill you.
laugh.gif
The hell are you talking about?

Ian Kinsler played 30 fewer games in both those seasons and he wasn't far behind Roberts in anything but stolen bases... And it ain't like Kinsler ismissing time with BS injuries... In 2007 he played some with a broken bone in his hand and missed time with a stress fracture in his foot... And in 2008 he hadsurgery to repair a sports hernia... Those aren't pulled hamstrings and sore joints... Legitimate injuries...

Kinsler's career batting average and on-base percentages are 10 points higher than Roberts'... So that "He doesn't get on base enough" isBS...

Kinsler has the upper hand in nearly every category across the board aside from stolen bases, and even there he's no sloutch...

You can take Kinsler's 125 games, pick up any decent option off the waiver wire and damn near match the production Roberts is gonna give you... If Kinsleris healthy, he's a virtual lock for 20-25 HRs, 25-30 stolen bases, 100 runs scored, 75-80 RBI and nearly 200 hits... Brian Roberts ain't seein that...

That Aaron Hill guy is so underrated.
smh.gif

The best defensive second baseman in the AL, combine that with 15-20 homers...

hill-aaron-392-cp-080416.jpg

Yes he caught that.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom