Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Just picked him up in one of my leagues... Got caught slippin on second basemen in the draft and took Placido outta desperation without even thinking aboutHill..
smh.gif

Iannetta sucks... I'm debating on dropping him, but his next hit will double what he has on the year...
sick.gif

Y Molina is who I'm rolling with right now. Not that great, but could be worse...

I picked up Aaron Hill and Elvis Andrus (to cover Stephen Drew while he's injured) this week.

Who to start for my OF and UTIL?

I have for my outfield...
Adam Lind
Jermaine Dye
Nelson Cruz

I have for my utility...
Travis Hafner

I have on my bench...
Carlos Lee

Is that what you would do?

Maybe look to move one of your outfielders. Carlos Lee can hit and is too good to be on the bench. Maybe move Lind while he's hot.

smh.gif
smh.gif
I need HALPPPPPP

I missed both my live drafts a few weeks back, I took a look at my squads and both are ranked 9th of 12. One is head to head while the other is rotisserie

here's the top FA's

here's team 2

Top FA's

Lastings Milledge has been dropped
laugh.gif
Sorry Jays4Days

suggestions? tips? Should I quit?
laugh.gif

EDIT: rosters fixed

team 1 is the head to head league

Drop Gordon and pick up Nelson Cruz.
Try to claim Ellsbury off waivers and drop Greene.
Drop Guillen for Hafner.
Sandoval can be a good C option for you until Weiters gets called up. And then you can use Sandoval as a UTIL and insert him in when someone has a day off.
Best case scenario.

CincoSeisDos...

Team 1
Drop Gordon and pick up Nelson Cruz.
Try to claim Ellsbury off waivers and drop Green.
Drop Guillen for Hafner.
Sandoval can be a good C option for you until Weiters gets called up. And then you can use Sandoval as a UTIL and insert him in when someone has a day off.
Sure, you're going to have an abundance of OFs but at least here, you're in a position to make some moves with a surplus of OFs. Try to get another SPto help you with K's and Wins.

Team 2
Travis Snider and Brad Hawpe are the players who are worth a look on the FA list.
Yes, you'd be in another case where you'll have a surplus of OFs but again, use it to improve your SPs. As always, Harden is an injury risk and combinethat with Verlander and Carmona struggling, it wouldn't be a bad idea to sure up your SPs.

And since we were arguing it... Ian Kinsler just stole bases 5 and 6 on the season in the first inning of today's game...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Who would you rather have on your team going forward? Magglio or Abreu
I would rather have Abreu. I think his RBIs, HRs, and runs will be there. What sets him apart from Magglio is the stolen bases. I thought hisstolen bases would go down this year for Abreu, but he's proving me wrong. He has 6 steals so far. Compare that to Magglio's 0 steals.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

Who would you rather have on your team going forward? Magglio or Abreu
I would rather have Abreu. I think his RBIs, HRs, and runs will be there. What sets him apart from Magglio is the stolen bases. I thought his stolen bases would go down this year for Abreu, but he's proving me wrong. He has 6 steals so far. Compare that to Magglio's 0 steals.

Yea that's what im figuring too. Magglio might hit for average a little better but he doesnt score as many runs as Abreu either and his power numbers areon the decline. I think Abreu has a chance to steal 30 bases this year due to the fact that Scioscia likes to be aggressive and run alot.

Stephen drew was just dropped, is it worth #2 waivers to pick him up and drop escobar?
Any tips on keeping/trading either pena/cruz/ethier?

i27onk.jpg

Why did you drop Stephen Drew?
eek.gif

He's solid to hit 20+ HRs and drive in 80-90 runs... The season is still young!

Back
Top Bottom