Official: 2009 Fantasy Football Thread (Week 5)

Matt Schaub @ Arizona
Brett Favre @ St. Louis

Who to start this week?

I wanna start Schaub because I think that game will be a shootout, but I also want to start Favre since the Vikings are against the Rams, although I'mthinking he won't be in the entire game if it becomes a blowout before halftime or even during the 3rd quarter.

Oh, and who should I start at RB?

Chris Johnson vs. Colts
Willis McGahee vs. Bengals?

y'all think I should drop Nate Washington for Derrick Ward or Cadillac?

One of these players will be productive yadigwhatimsayin...

This is the team

Peyton, Big Ben
Marion Barber, Ryan Grant, Hightower, DB
Moss, Housh, Crayton, (Washington)
Dallas
Longwell
GB, IND, MIA (our league is set up where DEF get the majority of the points)

thoughts........

got proposed matt ryan,julius jones,thomas jones,greg jennings,jerricho cotchery and bernard berrian for drew brees and andre johnson...

right now my squad is

brees/shaun hill
donald brown/l. washington/ward
t. choice/j. stewart
knox
andre/crabtree
walter/mike wallace
daniels
steelers/cinci
gostkowski

Originally Posted by Buc Em

got proposed matt ryan,julius jones,thomas jones,greg jennings,jerricho cotchery and bernard berrian for drew brees and andre johnson...

right now my squad is

brees/shaun hill
t. choice/j. stewart
knox
andre/crabtree
walter/mike wallace
daniels
steelers/cinci
gostkowski

What is the format of your league? How many people are rostered? How many are benched? You lose some big name players but I think the trade would make youbetter overall. Anyways, my question is who do I sit out of these four this week: Dwayne Bowe Jerricho Cotchery Roddy White Cadillac Williams As of now, Imleaning towards benching Bowe

Pick 2 RB's and a Flex. i'm in a PPR league

RB - Jerome Harrison @ Buf
RB - Ray Rice v. Cin
RB - Marshawn Lynch v. Cle
RB - Willis McGahee v. Cin
WR - Chad Ochocinco @ Bal
WR - Eddie Royal v. NE
WR - Steve Breaston v. Hou

Rivers on a Bye and Eli looks like he is not playing this week.
i gotta pick up a QB.

Cassel Vs Dallas
Campbell Vs Carolina
D. Anderson Vs Buffalo

which 1 should i go with?

Warner vs HOUSTON
or
Flacco vs CINN

I am thinking Warner since he is coming off the bye week..but CINN has such bad def that I think Flacco could throw all over the place.

^ flacco, that's who im starting
wink.gif

I need some advice in a trade proposed to me:

I give up TO

i get: tim hightower

im in dire need of a good 2nd RB next to steven jackson. LJ, jonathan stewart, lendale, and mccoy arent doing anything for me
frown.gif

i still have ocho, santonio, massequoi, and steve smith nyg

^^^^I would take hightower, he is the #3 passing target and gets about 90-110yrds a game...if they would feed him the ball inside the red zone I would like himeven more...but I have Warner and Boldin so for me, I hope every def keeps doubling Fitz and boldin keeps getting the looks...

Originally Posted by seanyboyy

Originally Posted by Buc Em

right now my squad is

brees/shaun hill
t. choice/j. stewart
knox
andre/crabtree
walter/mike wallace
daniels
steelers/cinci
gostkowski

What is the format of your league? How many people are rostered? How many are benched? You lose some big name players but I think the trade would make you better overall. Anyways, my question is who do I sit out of these four this week: Dwayne Bowe Jerricho Cotchery Roddy White Cadillac Williams As of now, Im leaning towards benching Bowe

i'm in espn league...so 1 qb,2 rbs,1 flex,2 wr's,1 te,1 D, and 1 kicker i'm probly not gonna do that other trade but how about knox for marshawnlynch?

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

S. Jackson vs. Vikings

or

D.Brown vs. Houston
Jackson despite him going up against the Vikings run defense. He's a guy you most likely spent a first round pick on....therefore you shouldnever bench him even if the matchup is tough.

Pick 2: Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice, Donald Brown, Cadillac Williams

Should I trade Donald Brown for Mike Sims-Walker?

He's a guy you most likely spent a first round pick on....therefore you should never bench him even if the matchup is tough.
smh.gif
Madness.

I'll sit a dude EASILY if I have a better match-up on my bench.

The notion of "never benching" someone is ill advised, imho.

In Lakersfan1 case, yeah,I'd stick w/ Jackson go w/ D. Brown... but just because I drafted a dude first, doesn't mean he starts in every situation.

Rivers on a Bye and Eli looks like he is not playing this week.
i gotta pick up a QB.

Cassel Vs Dallas
Campbell Vs Carolina
D. Anderson Vs Buffalo

which 1 should i go with?

All signs point to Eli playing Sunday, but I say go w/ Anderson if you're hell bent on picking someone up.

Pick 2 RB's and a Flex. i'm in a PPR league

RB - Jerome Harrison @ Buf
RB - Ray Rice v. Cin
RB - Marshawn Lynch v. Cle
RB - Willis McGahee v. Cin
WR - Chad Ochocinco @ Bal
WR - Eddie Royal v. NE
WR - Steve Breaston v. Hou
Harrison should get 20-25 totes, McGahee has 7 tubs leading the league, and Breaston should get loose cuz Houston has THE WORST safeties in theleague

Lynch or Fred Jackson this week?

Flip a coin
ohwell.gif

Pick 2: Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice, Donald Brown, Cadillac Williams

Should I trade Donald Brown for Mike Sims-Walker?
D. Brown is on the Colts, nuff said... and the Buccs OC wants Caddy to be the full time RB. But beware, cuz Caddy won't last more than 4 or 5more games before he breaks down again.
smh.gif

Do that trade if you REALLY, REALLY need help at WR position. Colts skill players are fantasy point machines every damn week.

RB, RB, WR/RB, WR, WR
pick 5 out of these 8:

Choice
Lynch
Bowe
Harvin
Sims-walker
Benson
Cotchery
Ray Rice

^what are the chances that Lynch starts to get the RB1 touches?

I'd play Addai out of that.

Fizzy- for 2 out of my 5 I was thinking Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, but now your saying Donald Brown and Caddy.... interesting. I probably won't makea decision till like 12:55 now.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom