Official: 2009 Fantasy Football Thread (Week 5)

It's a trade in negotiations, but what you guys think?

I give up: Chris Johnson & Tony Gonzalez
I get: Ronnie Brown & Ray Rice

I'm lookin to get deeper at RB. I hate having to depend on Thomas Jones.

My team is
Rivers, Falco(Flacco)
R. Moss, Jennings, Knox, Bryant, Garcon
Chris Johnson, T Jones, Sproles, Stewart
Tony G, Carlson

Sup homies,

Didn't do to hot last week, so I'm going to need some help on this one.

Pick 3:

Ray Rice vs. Cincy
Knowshon Moreno vs. NE
Addai @ Ten
Marshawn Lynch vs. Cle

Good looks in advance!

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Sup homies,

Didn't do to hot last week, so I'm going to need some help on this one.

Pick 3:

Ray Rice vs. Cincy
Knowshon Moreno vs. NE
Addai @ Ten
Marshawn Lynch vs. Cle

Good looks in advance!
Moreno is a must start, since Buckhalter is gonna be out this week. For the other two I would go with Marshawn and Rice. If you're in a pprleague though I would start Addai over Rice.

In my keeper league I was offered this trade

I give Steven Jackson

I get Cedric Benson

At first I thought it was a no brainer.. but the more I think about it, it might make sense. I've been waiting for SJax to produce like a top 5 RB for last3 years, and he hasn't. He can't stay healthy and the Rams just suck. So is this trade actually more reasonable than I originally thought? My other RBsare Slaton, Rice, Tjones, and A. Bradshaw.

The big factor to me is that Sjax has a MUCH easier division, so his schedule will always be easier. But I think the Bengals O will be productive than theRams O over the next 2-3 years.. so I'm a little torn.

Should I pull the trigger, or should I ask for more?

I would ask for much more. That trade is lopsided in his favor...you can't just give up on S-Jax yet.

Originally, that's exactly how I felt.

But being that this is a keeper league, I feel like I should give it some more thought. The Rams SUCK, and I just don't see them getting any better, notthis year, or next.

The Bengals on the other hand, have a much better offense.

I guess you're right though, I should stick with SJax

Originally Posted by IJJ87

Matt Schaub @ Arizona
Brett Favre @ St. Louis

Who to start this week?

I wanna start Schaub because I think that game will be a shootout, but I also want to start Favre since the Vikings are against the Rams, although I'm thinking he won't be in the entire game if it becomes a blowout before halftime or even during the 3rd quarter.

Oh, and who should I start at RB?

Chris Johnson vs. Colts
Willis McGahee vs. Bengals?

thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

I'd go with Schaub. ARI has one of the worst pass defenses. Plus, the MIN v STL game should be lopsided, the Vikings will probably be running most of thegame.

As far as your RB's, its a tough call. It's really a toss up, since both defenses are giving up over 100 yds rushing per game.

You know Willis will give you some yards and a TD. Johnson has the ability to put up some big numbers though. So do you want the steady points, or the chancefor a big day. Its up to you.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Favre & Chris Johnson.

thank you sir
Regardless of what might happen, Brett has been efficient all year and they're playing the Rams.

Chris Johnson is the leader in rushing for a reason, stick with him.

Help with my flex:

M. Massaquio @ Buf (could be the #1, but not sure how the Cle passing game would be in Buffalo)
J. Jones vs Jax (how's their rushing defense - Jones has been very inconsistent)
Lee Evans vs Cle (buffalo is as big as a mess as cleveland ... the addition of TO hasn't helped Evans one bit)

Help
embarassed.gif

Favre & Chris Johnson.

thank you sir
Regardless of what might happen, Brett has been efficient all year and they're playing the Rams.

Chris Johnson is the leader in rushing for a reason, stick with him.

Help with my flex:

M. Massaquio @ Buf (could be the #1, but not sure how the Cle passing game would be in Buffalo)
J. Jones vs Jax (how's their rushing defense - Jones has been very inconsistent)
Lee Evans vs Cle (buffalo is as big as a mess as cleveland ... the addition of TO hasn't helped Evans one bit)

Help
embarassed.gif

Not a fan of really any but I like Anderson wayyy better then Brady.

I would take Massaquia then Jones, then Evans

And I got rid of the bum Steven Jackson plus Housh for Deangelo Williams, I think he's going to step it up

He better.. Williams is pissing me off

Week 3 he had a great game averages wise

But they never give him the ball...

only 11 carries?
smh.gif

pick 2

Thomas Jones Vs Miami
Steve Smith (NYG) Vs Oak
Steve Smith (Car) vs Washington
Moreno vs NE

Shouldnt we talk about fantasy football in this thread, rather than just have random people get random answers from other random people?????? We should talkabout trends, how certain players are looking and who is just a bust....

just a thought from me....

Who here has or had Tennessee's defense ? I'm thinking bout dropping these fools.

I surely dont want to play them against the Colts, I picked up Dallas for this week

But Im thinking long term.

What do you guys think about Cincinnati's defense going forward ?

Cinn's def has been decent so far, and should stay in the middle of the pack the entire year, they do have some games that they will get blown out comingup.

But if you really need a def look at the Saints or Denver, they are still available in about 30% of leagues, if not then just pick up a weekly Def. Who ever isplay the Lions, KC, ST lou, Tampa is always a good bet. If you want a year long def also look into the Jets def they have a decent schedule depending on howyour defense is scored.

hope that helps....

just realized i had 8 rb's, hope that someone kills it this week to get decent offers to up my WR core ( k britt, b marshall, L evans)
joseph addai
ahmad bradshaw
cedric benson
clinton portis
lesean mccoy
michael bush
benjarvus green ellis
mewelde moore

Originally Posted by SKYFLYDUl

just realized i had 8 rb's, hope that someone kills it this week to get decent offers to up my WR core ( k britt, b marshall, L evans)
joseph addai
ahmad bradshaw
cedric benson
clinton portis
lesean mccoy
michael bush
benjarvus green ellis
mewelde moore

I hope you are in a 16 team league

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'd play Addai out of that.

Fizzy- for 2 out of my 5 I was thinking Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, but now your saying Donald Brown and Caddy.... interesting. I probably won't make a decision till like 12:55 now.
laugh.gif
See, my problem w/ that is, unless they're toting the ball a lot (think Rice & McClain last year), it's not really worth it...

Especially if one gets hot, you have the other just sitting there not getting any points...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Who here has or had Tennessee's defense ?

What do you guys think about Cincinnati's defense going forward ?
smh.gif
Fat Albert made all the difference on that defense. I droppedthem after last week, and hoping someone else drops a decent D I can pick up.

I like that Odom is hot right now, but I just don't see them as a long term D to hold. Odom has half their sack total and only 2 interceptions so far.

Back
Top Bottom