Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

fb1158e950700ea27360d1d481fd504fa579ef4.jpg

here's my team.
10 man league, chose first overall.
Let's just say it was a very QB happy draft.

Start D. Jackson over Cotchery

Originally Posted by Johnson1

here's my team.

Start D. Jackson over Cotchery

I was thinking that. However, even though D. Jackson is a threat to break it anytime and has that big playmaker quality...
I say Cotchery is a more consistent choice because he is the only legitimate option in the Jets O, therefore will get more touches.
Even though he has Sanchez throwing to him, he will still get his looks day in and day out.
Philly meanwhile has plenty of other options on the O, especially with the drafting of McCoy and Maclin.
Hmm...

anyone else want to rank my team?

i drafted Palmer and Cutler, with the intentions of using one of them as trade bait. who would you deal?

here's my team.
i dont know how you got AJ, AP, and Slaton with your first 3 picks... if you tell me else-wise, i'd be even more shocked!

All I got to say is that with one of my leagues my top RB is Kevin Smith...No need to state my other players...Given that appearance, who thinks I have achance? I want a raise of hands.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

i drafted Palmer and Cutler, with the intentions of using one of them as trade bait. who would you deal?

Cutler. Just cause I dont like him.

What position are you trying to get? I think it all depends on how much a certain team needs a QB. If someone has, say, Cassell, try and trade them for (insertposition you need) since he'll be out for a while.

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

Neither are trade bait until the season is a few weeks in...Carson has the most value for now, but that's not taking into account anything that mighthappen when the real football begins.

the 3rd and last draft of the season for me
smile.gif

10th pick in a 10 team league, 1 pt per 10 receiving/passing/rushing yds

3 bonus pts for 100 yd rusher/recieving
3 bonus pts for 300 yd passing

there were some dumb draft picks..frank gore was picked before deangelo and slaton, gb and seattle defense were picked before tennessee d
laugh.gif

we start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, 1 kicker, 1 def

squad up:

qb- drew brees, joe flacco
rb- sjax, larry johnson, lendale white, lesean mccoy
wr- terrell owens, ocho cinco, santonio holmes, tory holt, justin gage
te- chris cooley, dustin keller
k- mason crosby
defense- pittsburgh, tennessee

wattsup guys. just had my draft last night. 12 team league. i'm more of a basketball guy so any help with my team's appreciated.

1fv0ip.jpg

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

here's my team.
i dont know how you got AJ, AP, and Slaton with your first 3 picks... if you tell me else-wise, i'd be even more shocked!
The dude's in the draft seemed like they were amateurs.
I entered this draft literally 10 minutes before the draft started after receiving a call from one of my buddies there was a spot open...
One guy grabbed Brees with the 5th pick, with guys like Forte, Slaton and Chris Johnson still available... and he was still talkin *$@.
Can't believe I got Andre Johnson and Slaton together.

What should I do about McClain? I hear they're starting to use him as a pure FB now and have McGahee short yardage. Should I drop him? there's stillguys like Shonn Greene available.

Ok so I have the #1 pick in an upcoming draft

1st AP

With my 2nd and 3rd pick (back 2 back)

Should I go with 2 WR's Maybe Boldin and Wayne

or Pieree Thomas and one of those wr's?

^id def grab a QB on that 2/3 wrap (aaron rodgers if not brady, brees, manning)

so is Cutler not a good option to start in a 10 team league? i only have him and Flacco, my thinking is, like pitchers in fantasy baseball, most of the QBs putup realtively similar stats, therefore the position is not as valuable as some of the others (RB, WR). I think the chance of getting a big year from a middleof the road QB (Cutler) is alot better than getting a big year from say, a middle of the road RB like Kevin Smith. Am I wrong about this?

Just an FYI... It is very possible that Jermichael Finley will be getting more looks in the Packers offense than Donald Lee this year. He is a BIG target thatcould be getting a lot of touches down around the goal line.

He wont start because hes not a better blocker than Lee but there will be a lot of 2 TE sets... expect a good year from Finley.

Here is my squad.. 12 team league.. I had 11th pick. Most of it was autopicked due to the thunderstorm that I was bothered with... Critiques?

1531e38.jpg

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

so is Cutler not a good option to start in a 10 team league? i only have him and Flacco, my thinking is, like pitchers in fantasy baseball, most of the QBs put up realtively similar stats, therefore the position is not as valuable as some of the others (RB, WR). I think the chance of getting a big year from a middle of the road QB (Cutler) is alot better than getting a big year from say, a middle of the road RB like Kevin Smith. Am I wrong about this?

Cutler's alright. As long as your RB's and WR's are solid, you should be alright.
Originally Posted by parada45

1st AP

Go WR WR

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

so is Cutler not a good option to start in a 10 team league? i only have him and Flacco, my thinking is, like pitchers in fantasy baseball, most of the QBs put up realtively similar stats, therefore the position is not as valuable as some of the others (RB, WR). I think the chance of getting a big year from a middle of the road QB (Cutler) is alot better than getting a big year from say, a middle of the road RB like Kevin Smith. Am I wrong about this?

Cutler's alright. As long as your RB's and WR's are solid, you should be alright.

1st AP

Go WR WR

My RBs are MJD, Marshawn Lynch, DMC, D Ward

I also went RB, WR, WR in the first 3 rounds got MJD, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Wayne. Im pretty happy with them + Cutler as my starter. I feel like havingreally good WRs could be a key to success this year

Who would yall rather have

Boldin
Roddy White
Reggie Wayne
TO

Pick 2
I would want Roddie White and Reggie Wayne out of that bunch.

I placed Marshawn on the IR in one of my leagues and picked up James Davis. It was either him or Tashard Choice, and I see Davis have a higher probability ofgetting more touches.

Dead in 09- Other than Ochocinco, your WRs aren't that good- definitely the weakness of your team. You're going to have to make do with LJ or EarnestGraham until Marshawn gets back from suspension though. Witten is a top TE and Ryan is a solid QB.

Shooter- Your RBs are about the only thing to look forward to on your team. It sucks you couldn't draft for yourself. Your WRs need a lot of help, VincentJackson will be good, but I personally would stay away from Roy Williams. As for Warner, hopefully for your sake his play from last year continues this year,if so then you'll have an above average QB. Also your TEs are just average, you should probably play Shockey/Schefler based on match ups.

I have been proposed this trade:

Receive:
Matt Hasselbeck
Thomas Jones

Give:
Michael Turner

Should I pull the trigger? I heard about this 370+ curse and since Turner fits that bill I'm kinda worried he's going to end up as a bust this year.

It's my first year doing fantasy, so just wanted personnel advice. Should I bench Brian Westbrook in Week 1 @ Car and replace him with Leon Washington @Hou? I'm afraid Westbrook won't get many carries because he hasn't played in the pre-season and is going to recover only in the nick-of-time. Howdo you guys feel? This is a standard league with Yahoo and Frank Gore is my other starting back, btw. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom