Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Originally Posted by ludex360

my draft starts in 30 min, i got 10th pick out of 12 should i still draft a running back or should i go after top qb/wr
I would draft a top RB first, and a WR afterward. You may even be just in line to get Andre Johnson depending on how the other drafters are

^ Depends on who's available, man. Brees or Fitz would be strong value for the 10th pick so keep an eye on them. If you do go RB with the first pick targetBrady or Moss with your second one.

I've seen usually by the 10th pick RBs like Beast Jackson, Gore, Portis, and Jacobs are still available. So you gotta decide between a "secondtier" RB and top flight QB/WR. It will probably go something like AD, Turner, Forte, MJD, LT, DeAngelo, Westbrook, Fitz, and CJ. I'm not sold onSlaton and I like Gore/Portis over Jacobs/Jackson. Can't go wrong with Brees in fantasy IMO. Might be wise to go RB first though and wait for a QB/WR withyour second pick as I mentioned earlier.

Keep in mind there is good value later on with players like Beanie, Donald Brown, Ray Rice, Felix Jones, etc.

^ Absolutely. The question isn't the talent because Beanie clearly has it and he's in a great situation with Arizona seeing as their running game waspretty much void last season with the exception of the final couple games (playoffs and what not). Beanie will split carries with Hightower but should be theprimary back when it's all said and done. The only concern with Wells is injuries, I'm an Ohio State fan and all but I gotta keep it real. You neverknow when this guy might get hurt...knock on wood.

If it's between Beanie and someone like Donald Brown, go with Brown because he should have the starting job over Addai in no time.

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I'm planning on dropping Deion Branch, should I pick up Isaac Bruce or Devery Henderson? I have Colston, Brandon Marshall and Kevin Walter.

Was dropping Pat White and picking up Kerry Collins a good choice? Peyton is my QB.
smile.gif

^ I got you, bruh. Yeah I like the Collins move simply because White is nothing more than a gimmick QB as of now. Kerry Collins is fairly underrated and at thevery least he's a decent backup who makes good decisions with the football and is often coined a "game manager".

I'm 50/50 about Branch because he's let me down in recent years. It seems he's declining in Seattle and doesn't seem to have a true connectionwith Matt Hasselbeck. I say pick up Bruce over Henderson, the veteran is reliable and put up good enough numbers last season. If Bruce matches his output fromlast year (60/850/7) you should be satisfied. Meanwhile Henderson should lose reps to the rising Robert Meachem.

I have Addai, Im trying to unload him.

Think I can get Pierre or Reggie straight up for him ?

What you think of my team? 12 Team league, standard scoring. I had the second pick.

2 Michael Turner, Atl
23 Brian Westbrook, Phi
26 Greg Jennings, GB
47 Tony Romo, Dal
50 Vincent Jackson, SD
71 Bernard Berrian, Min
74 Jamal Lewis, Cle
95 Steve Breaston, Ari
98 Felix Jones, Dal
119 Zach Miller, Oak
122 Josh Morgan, SF
143 Dolphins D/ST, Mia
146 Joe Flacco, Bal
167 Shonn Greene, NYJ
170 Mason Crosby, GB
191 ******** D/ST, Was

Think I can get Pierre or Reggie straight up for him ?
Probably not Pierre, but Reggie is a possibility. I agree with that move though - unload Addai ASAP. Everyone should target Donald Brown as amid-to-late RB.

What you think of my team? 12 Team league, standard scoring. I had the second pick.
Good draft overall. A "bad pick" I notice would be Jamal Lewis but you backed it up with Felix Jones. You got a strong group ofreceivers and could likely package something like Lewis/Breaston to upgrade your third RB slot.

Crosby is a beast, but I would be weary of Miami's D. I have them in two leagues because of the value but I fully expect a dropoff in their play from lastseason. Meanwhile I think SD and NE defenses will improve from a year ago.

Third league - just drafted, 10 teams public H2H, standard PPR
Had the 6th pick and by luck ended up with Forte.

QB- Brees
RB- Forte
RB- Pierre Thomas
WR- Roddy White
WR- Braylon Edwards
WR- Lee Evans
TE- Shockey
BN- LenDale White
BN- Kevin Smith
BN- Lance Moore
BN- Shiancoe
BN- Eli Manning
BN- Breaston

K- Crosby

DEF- Chicago

I'm pretty well off at RB but I'm trying to upgrade Thomas if I can. I also want to be more sure at my 2/3 receiver spots, packaged Evans/White in afew deals.

My Team, 6 team league, 4th pick
QB Aaron Rodgers
QB Matt Cassel
QB Chad Pennington
RB Deangelo Williams
RB Clinton Portis
RB Marion Barber
RB Reggie Bush
WR Randy Moss
WR Anquain Boldin
WR Chad Ochocinco
WR Braylon Edwards
TE Antonio Gates
TE Kellen Winslow
K David Akers
DEF New England
Bench Defense: Miami

Last draft for the season - 10 teams H2H, 1st pick, standard rules no PPR.

I'm most content with this team I put together, I feel I drafted the best this time around.

QB- Peyton Manning
RB- AD
RB- Ronnie Brown
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Ochocinco
WR- Gonzo
TE- Keller
BN- LenDale
BN- Kevin Walter
BN- Carson Palmer
BN- Torry Holt
BN- Donald Brown
BN- Mendenhall

K- Folk

DEF- Minny

This squad is deep, has to be the most well-rounded out of my four teams. Carson was a low risk, high reward pick. Mendenhall was my last pick and I figured hehas more value than a backup defense, especially if he can take the starting job from Fast Willie. I told everyone about getting Donald Brown so had to stickto my word. I'm expecting Holt to bounce back in a resurgent season for Garrard.

Keller should benefit from a rookie QB and Peyton to Gonzo/Wayne should be huge for me. I am somewhat concerned about Ronnie Brown, might try to trade him forsomeone like CJ or DeAngelo in a package with LenDale or Walter.

Out of Donald Brown, Mccoy, and Wells who do you guys think is worth drafting early?

Also who will be starting the soonest?

To answer both your questions I think Beanie would be the best out of the three you mentioned to draft early. He should be starting over Hightower from theseason opener. The only caution is that Beanie has a pretty serious injury history.

McCoy would be a good option late in the draft if you need an extra RB as insurance. Westbrook is clearly the starter and Shady will be a complementary back atbest.

I'm very high on Brown and IMO he's easily the best option after Wells when it comes to drafting a RB in the mid-rounds. The reason being Addai is onthe hot seat and most experts can tell he's not going to cut it. Brown is waiting in the wings and should contribute early on.

In conclusion:
1) Beanie
2) Brown
3) McCoy

Also keep an eye on Mendenhall as a late-round RB. There's a small chance he could overtake Parker some time in the Pittsburgh season.

I need another RB, right now I have Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Stewart, Le'Ron McClain and Glenn Coffee. I want to trade Stewart but who could I expect forhim? I'm considering trading Brandon Marshall as well.

anyone interested in an IDP money league on yahoo get in ASAP. 12-team PPR IDP, $20 join fee PAYPAL.

1st place- $120
2nd place- $80
3rd place- $40

[table][tr][td]League ID#:[/td] [td]654341[/td] [/tr][tr][td]League Name:[/td] [td]NT Blitz 09[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Password:[/td] [td]dawgpound[/td] [/tr][/table]

draft is scheduled for today SUNDAY at 10:30 EST but will more than likely be moved up to monday night so it can be filled

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I need another RB, right now I have Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Stewart, Le'Ron McClain and Glenn Coffee. I want to trade Stewart but who could I expect for him? I'm considering trading Brandon Marshall as well.

since you're already slim at the RB position......i wouldn't trade Stewart.....maybe trade one of your WR for another RB.

i think i just drafted my best team in 4 leagues that i am in this season..

QB: Kurt Warner
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Andre Johnson
RB: Brandon Jacobs
RB: Ryan Grant
W/R: Clinton Portis
TE: Jeremy Shockey

BN: Terrell Owens
BN: Ronnie Brown
BN: Marshawn Lynch
BN: Ray Rice
BN: Pierre Thomas
BN: Hakeem Nicks
BN: Josh Morgan

i don't have a K or DEF, but who cares right?

Give me some help since im picking in the 8th spot in my money draft.

If no RB slip to me should I go WR and a QB like Brees/Brady. I really want to take Brady 8th and get a RB coming back, but im worried he'll be rested inthe last couple of games if their just owning in the division.

What should I do...?

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

To answer both your questions I think Beanie would be the best out of the three you mentioned to draft early. He should be starting over Hightower from the season opener. The only caution is that Beanie has a pretty serious injury history.

McCoy would be a good option late in the draft if you need an extra RB as insurance. Westbrook is clearly the starter and Shady will be a complementary back at best.

I'm very high on Brown and IMO he's easily the best option after Wells when it comes to drafting a RB in the mid-rounds. The reason being Addai is on the hot seat and most experts can tell he's not going to cut it. Brown is waiting in the wings and should contribute early on.

In conclusion:
1) Beanie
2) Brown
3) McCoy

Also keep an eye on Mendenhall as a late-round RB. There's a small chance he could overtake Parker some time in the Pittsburgh season.

Thanks dude I will keep an eye out on all of them. Wells I will target early.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

If no RB slip to me should I go WR and a QB like Brees/Brady. I really want to take Brady 8th and get a RB coming back, but im worried he'll be rested in the last couple of games if their just owning in the division.

What should I do...?

If u want either one ur gonna have to take them there. At that spot if I were drafting I would take Megatron and then maybe a RB like Slaton or WR like Moss.

we play with 2 qbs in one of my leagues, im definitely starting schaub against the jets, need some help in deciding a 2nd qb:

big ben vs. titans

or

shaun hill @ cardinals

any help or feedback are greatly appreciated!

I need another RB, right now I have Brandon Jacobs, Jonathan Stewart, Le'Ron McClain and Glenn Coffee. I want to trade Stewart but who could I expect for him? I'm considering trading Brandon Marshall as well.
I wouldn't trade Stewart if I were you, unless you could pull off a steal for an equal or better RB which is unlikely. What week is heexpected back by the way?

Marshall on the other hand might be wise to deal. There's a 50/50 chance he gets traded and ends up in a good situation like Baltimore, Chicago, or NewYork. You also have to consider the chances that he gets suspended for a good portion of the season seeing as McDaniels isn't giving in and has been verystubborn about his players.

How many teams because your squad is stacked...

And you should probably drop Morgan for a DEF/K.

I think your first option should be hoping that a solid RB falls to you - Gore, Portis, and CJ are all possibilities.

If you really want a QB early go Brees before Brady, he's just better fantasy-wise and puts up huge numbers in NO's system. Plus you don't reallyhave to worry about injury/resting Brees in the last few weeks of the season.

I would pass on Fitz at 8 only because you can get Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, or Calvin Johnson with your second pick.

Thanks dude I will keep an eye out on all of them. Wells I will target early.
No problem, man. Good luck.

Packers or Bucs D?
Agreed, I like GB's defense this year with the additions of Raji and Matthews. Not to mention Tampa lost their guru Monte Kiffin.

big ben vs. titans

or

shaun hill @ cardinals
Tough call honestly. I would expect the PIT/TEN game to be a defensive stalemate which reduces Ben's numbers...the Steelers will most likelypound the football with Parker/Mendenhall much like the Titans with CJ/LenDale. Therefore it would make Hill the better option IMO but not by much. The problemis Shaun Hill isn't exactly dependable and you don't expect 300 yards and 3 TDs out of him in week 1. If Gore has success running the ball that willopen things up for Hill and the San Francisco receivers. The Cards are known to score a lot of points and the Niners have no choice but to throw the ball tostay in the game. So Hill it is.

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

QB: Kurt Warner
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Andre Johnson
RB: Brandon Jacobs
RB: Ryan Grant
W/R: Clinton Portis
TE: Jeremy Shockey

BN: Terrell Owens
BN: Ronnie Brown
BN: Marshawn Lynch
BN: Ray Rice
BN: Pierre Thomas
BN: Hakeem Nicks
BN: Josh Morgan

i don't have a K or DEF, but who cares right?
are you in an 8 man league or playing with complete idiots?

Back
Top Bottom