Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Already got him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

I'm in a 2 QB league and I have Shaun Hill (my boy), Joe Flacco, Brett Favre and Mark Sanchez. Who should I start week 1?

I'm leaning towards Favre and Sanchez.
How do you have a league where you have not one, but two QB's (meaning they're more important) and end up with 4 second-team QB's?
Not even Schaub
laugh.gif
I had the 4th pick in the draft in a 12 man league, that was by far the worst pick IMO. I $$**$+ up though by getting Pierre Thomas instead of aQB. I'm usually pretty good at fantasy football but I was just not feeling this draft at all. Right now I got Favre and Sanchez as my starters.
ohwell.gif

14t0ef9.jpg

I mean its 12 teams so you aren't looking terrible but QB's are a huge weakness. Huge. Bench is ehhh. Might have to make a trade to get a QB.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

I mean its 12 teams so you aren't looking terrible but QB's are a huge weakness. Huge. Bench is ehhh. Might have to make a trade to get a QB.

At this point I'd have to give up too much to get an elite QB. I'm just banking on Sanchez right now. I'll be very surprised if I make the playoffswith this team, I'm gonna have to be on my A++ game when it comes to free agency.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Kevin Walter (vs. NYJ) or Lance Moore (vs. DET) for the first week?
Moore because hes playing against detroit with Brees throwing to him.

i just drafted in my 3rd league... its a 12 man Non-PPR league.

what do you guys think?

QB: Matt Ryan
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Randy Moss
RB1: Ryan Grant
RB2: Reggie Bush
TE: Jason Witten
W/T: Jerricho Cotchery

and who cares about K and Def... my bench is pretty thin, but its because there were nobody left... id name them, but id get one of these
sick.gif

Originally Posted by XxxxMT23xxxX

i just drafted in my 3rd league... its a 12 man Non-PPR league.

what do you guys think?

QB: Matt Ryan
WR1: Andre Johnson
WR2: Randy Moss
RB1: Ryan Grant
RB2: Reggie Bush
TE: Jason Witten
W/T: Jerricho Cotchery

and who cares about K and Def... my bench is pretty thin, but its because there were nobody left... id name them, but id get one of these
sick.gif
QB- I like Ryan this year....added a great target in Gonzo and Roddy'sobviously going to have a great year. Another year of experience on his belt too.
RB- Eh...not that great man. Pierre Thomas is about to have a great year and Bush willofficially become the backup come 1/4-1/2 through the season in my opinion. I would try to find a better option out there if possible even though you said thewaiver wire is pretty weak. I like Grant though this year...it's not even like he had a bad year last year either, he was a 1000-yard rusher. I seem himupgrading in TDs from last year too.
WR- Obviously, they will be the cornerstone of your team. Moss will return to his positionof #1 WR in the league now that Brady is back and Andre won't be too far behind him. They both will have huge years. Cotchery is the #1 in NY right nowtoo...no Laverneaus.
TE- Witten, solid.

Overall, pretty good team. If Grant has a good year you'll be at the top of your standings. Like I said, try to get a better option than Bush as your #2.In fact, I'd actually trade him before the season so you can get something decent back for him before everyone starts noticing that Pierre is actually thefuture and present RB there (if they haven't already).
Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Kevin Walter (vs. NYJ) or Lance Moore (vs. DET) for the first week?
Moore, definitely.

10 teams/ ppr, 4th pick

qb- warner
wr- colston
wr- vincent jackson
rb- mjd
rb- pierre thomas
te- olsen
w/t- harvin
w/r/t- j.l higgins
b- palmer
b- larry johnson
b- donnie avery
b- kevin walter
b- s. moss
b- mccoy

k- empty

def- sd

d- empty
d- empty
d- p. willis
d- reed
d- rossum
d- hobbs

traded:
gore - colston/jackson
hixon/beanie/ gates - olsen/harvin/mccoy

i need a kicker and 2 d spots but my roster is already full, what should i do?

I got the first pick in my draft Ima take AP

After AP

Should I go Wayne and Jennings With pick 20 and 21?

Or one of those WR's and Aaron Rodgers?

Aaron Rodgers might drop to me with pick 40 and 41 But I am not sure

Taking him at 20 or 21 Is kind of early

If I wait I know Romo or Cutler will be there

Originally Posted by parada45

After AP

I would grab the 2 WR's first, maybe even another solid RB and WR since there are so many decent WRs out there. You should be in good shape toget a good starting QB even if you miss Rodgers.

On a side note, Dude took back his trade that he offered me with AJ and Washington. Should I drop Ted Ginn or Domenik Hixon for Chis Henry? Hes a FA and Idon't want him to go to waste
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Shooter116

Originally Posted by parada45

After AP

I would grab the 2 WR's first, maybe even another solid RB and WR since there are so many decent WRs out there. You should be in good shape to get a good starting QB even if you miss Rodgers.

On a side note, Dude took back his trade that he offered me with AJ and Washington. Should I drop Ted Ginn or Domenik Hixon for Chis Henry? Hes a FA and I don't want him to go to waste
grin.gif

Thanks dude I am starting to feel the same way.

If I don't get Rodgers I can still get Romo, Rivers, or Cutler

Should I trade T.O and Steve Slaton for Andre Johnson and Kevin Smith? I have Matty Schaub on the lineup as well.. Steve Slaton is currently my #2 RB behindMatt Forte.

How serious is that MJD injury? Did it look bad or what? He was my first round pick at pick 13 out of 13.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

How serious is that MJD injury? Did it look bad or what? He was my first round pick at pick 13 out of 13.
smh.gif
Not bad he will be ok

It didn't look too serious. I believe his results came back negative as well. Coaches probably got scared he would get hurt further so they tossed a towelon his head.

Thoughts on Kurt Warner?
He's 38.
Coming off hip surgery.
And has played horrible this pre-season.
B-U-S-T?......

Got two drafts tonight (1 points, 1 head-to-head). I'll post results and let you guys evaluate my squads.

Point leagues are rather uncommon right??

Back
Top Bottom