:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

aw, poor Paul Haris didn't get drafted. dummy.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Top undrafted FAs

Point Guards

Curtis Jerrells PG BAYLOR
Aaron Jackson PG DUQUESNE
Jeremy Pargo PG GONZAGA
Tyrese Rice PG BOSTON COLLEGE
Rudy Mbemba PG SWEDEN
Dominic James PG MARQUETTE
Daniel Hackett PG USC
Ben Woodside PG NORTH DAKOTA ST
Ronald Steele PG ALABAMA

Shooting Guards

Paul Harris SG SYRACUSE
Lee Cummard SG BYU
Jerel McNeal SG MARQUETTE
Dionte Christmas SG TEMPLE
Courtney Fells SG NC STATE
A.J. Abrams SG TEXAS
K.C. Rivers SG CLEMSON
Josh Shipp SG UCLA
Antonio Anderson SG MEMPHIS
Josh Carter SG TEXAS A&M

Small Forwards

Joe Ingles SF AUSTRALIA
Dar Tucker SF DEPAUL
Wesley Matthews SF MARQUETTE
Micah Downs SF GONZAGA
Vilmantas Dilys SF LITHUANIA

Power Forwards

Leo Lyons PF MISSOURI
Josh Heytvelt PF GONZAGA
Vitor Faverani PF BRAZIL
Jeff Adrien PF CONNECTICUT
Tony Gaffney PF MASSACHUSETTS
Brandon Costner PF NC STATE
Kevin Rogers PF BAYLOR
Alade Aminu PF GEORGIA TECH
Shawn Taggart PF MEMPHIS
Lawrence Hill PF STANFORD

Centers

Vyacheslav Kravtsov C UKRAINE
John Bryant C SANTA CLARA
Chris Johnson C LSU
Garrett Siler C AUGUSTA STATE
Luke Nevill C UTAH
Oguz Savas C TURKEY
Anatoly Kashirov C RUSSIA

Came home and noticed Hornets got Marcus Thornton from Miami
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

First time in awhile I've been content with the Hornets' picks. They addressed two of their biggest needs in a backup PG and a SG who can create hisown shot. Chris Paul should be a happy man. With youth and versitility in the backcourt he can finally get some rest.

Now to trade Chandler for some cap relief and Daniels for a big......

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

I would love to see Jennings win ROY.
pimp.gif
Jennings or Curry if hestays on the Warriors... I would like to see Derozan in the running too but he went to the raptors
sick.gif

[h2]Draft grades: Evaluating every team[/h2]
Comment Email Print >http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-i...;" st_page="home">Share </div><cite class= By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive

We billed this year's draft as one of the most unpredictable in recent memory and it certainly lived up to its billing.

After the first few picks went to form, things started to get a little strange. Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn were drafted back-to-back into the same backcourt.DeJuan Blair, Sam Young, DaJuan Summers, Chase Budinger, and Patty Mills fell out of the first.Rodrigue Beaubois and Christian Eyenga went in the first round.

After digesting all the twists and turns, we're ready to provide our take on how every team in the league did tonight:

[h4]

ATLANTA HAWKS GRADE: B+[/h4]
atl.gif
Round 1: Jeff Teague (19)

Round 2: Sergiy Gladyr (49) Analysis: The Hawks finally took a Wake Forest point guard -- too bad it was in 2009 instead of 2005.

Teague has a killer first step and can really get to the basket, but there are questions about whether he's a point guard. On the other hand, he was ranked in our top five for much of the year and had his team not crashed in the tournament or had he gone back to school for another year, he would've been a top-10 pick. So the Hawks got great value here.

As for Gladyr, he was one of my favorite players at the Reebok Eurocamp. He can shoot, is a good athlete and has a good feel for the game. In a few years he could be a really good pick.

[h4]

BOSTON CELTICS GRADE: B+[/h4]
BOS.gif
Round 1: None

Round 2: Lester Hudson (58)

Analysis: Danny Ainge didn't have a lot to work with (the Celtics' first-round pick was sent to Minnesota in the Kevin Garnett trade) and drafted a guy who put up huge numbers in college. Hudson is a combo guard who can shoot, score, pass and rebound. He is old for the draft and hasn't played against great competition, but at No. 58, you usually don't find players with his ability.

[h4]

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS GRADE: B+[/h4]
CHA.gif
Round 1: Gerald Henderson (12)

Round 2: Derrick Brown (40, via Nets and Thunder)

Analysis: The Bobcats had a nice, solid draft. Henderson is a really good fit in Charlotte and should eventually be able to replace Raja Bell. He's a great athlete and he can really defend. Brown was a great value in the second round, a terrific athlete who can play both the 3 and the 4.

Overall the Bobcats helped themselves with solid picks who may not be superstars but who could both be in the league a long time.

[h4]

CHICAGO BULLS GRADE: B-[/h4]
CHI.gif
Round 1: James Johnson (16), Taj Gibson (26)

Round 2: None

Analysis: I think the Bulls had their hearts set on Tyler Hansbrough and were probably a bit crestfallen when they couldn't move up and get him. Like Hansbrough, Johnson brings toughness, but with a bit of an edge that could make the Bulls a little less comfortable. Gibson is skilled and versatile, but like Johnson, is no sure thing.

I think the value of Chicago's draft will be clearer once we see what happens via free agency with Ben Gordon and potential trades with Kirk Hinrich and Tyrus Thomas. There's upside here, but not enough to get really excited about at this point.

[h4]

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS GRADE: B-[/h4]
CLE.gif
Round 1: Christian Eyenga (30)

Round 2: Danny Green (46, via Bulls), Emir Preldzic (57, obtained from Cavs via Magic and Thunder)

Analysis: Danny Ferry was obviously eyeing the future when he reached for Eyenga. He's been compared to Mickael Pietrus as an athlete and defender but he's really raw and not ready. Green is more polished and an underrated find. Prezldic is a Euro project who may pay off.

I have to say I'm a little surprised the Cavs didn't go for a player like Sam Young or DeJuan Blair who could've helped them right away. I thought the future was now in Cleveland.

[h4]

DALLAS MAVERICKS GRADE: B-[/h4]
DAL.gif
Round 1: Rodrigue Beaubois (25, obtained from Thunder)

Round 2: Nick Calathes (45, obtained from Wolves via Sixers and Heat), Ahmad Nivins (56, via Blazers)

Analysis: I like the Mavericks' second-round picks more than their first-rounder. I'd be willing to bet that Calathes becomes a much better player than Beaubois, both in Europe and in the NBA, and Nivins is an up and comer.

I'm not sold on Beaubois and think Toney Douglas would've been a better pick here.

[h4]

DENVER NUGGETS GRADE: A-[/h4]
DEN.gif
Round 1: Ty Lawson (18, obtained in trade from Wolves)

Analysis: The Nuggets sent a future Charlotte first-round pick to the Timberwolves to snag Lawson here, and I think it was a good move. Lawson should work out well as a solid point guard coming off the bench, doing what he did best at North Carolina -- pushing the ball up the floor and keeping mistakes to a minimum. And his new mentor, Chauncey Billups, is one of the best in the business. Nice pick.

[h4]

DETROIT PISTONS GRADE: B+[/h4]
DET.gif
Round 1: Austin Daye (15)

Round 2: DaJuan Summers (35, obtained from Timberwolves), Jonas Jerebko (39, via Raptors)

Analysis: Interesting draft for the Pistons. They take three forwards who can play both the 3 and the 4, all with terrific upside and all with big question marks about their consistency and drive. If these players play up to their potential, Detroit may end up as one of the big winners on draft night. If they stay inconsistent, Pistons fans are going to be frustrated.

[h4]

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS GRADE: Inc.[/h4]
GSW.gif
Round 1: Stephen Curry (7)

Analysis: I think it's too early to know what grade to give Golden State. I love Curry and, if they keep him, I think he's a great addition to Monta Ellis in the backcourt. Neither guy is a pure point guard but Curry's shooting should complement Ellis' slashing nicely.

But if the Warriors turn around and ship Curry, Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli and Andris Biedrins to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire in July, as rumored, I'm not going feel as good about it. Amare's great, but that's a lot to give up for one guy, especially if he might be just a one-year rental in Oakland.

[h4]

HOUSTON ROCKETS GRADE: A[/h4]
HOU.gif

Round 2: Jermaine Taylor (32, obtained from Wizards), Sergio Llull (34, obtained from Thunder), Chase Budinger (44, obtained from Pistons)

Analysis: The Rockets spent millions in buying up picks, but I like their haul. Taylor is a great athlete and scorer, Llull has shown a lot of promise in Europe and Budinger was a steal this low in the draft. All three second-round picks may end up sticking, which would be a rarity.

[h4]

INDIANA PACERS GRADE: B+[/h4]
IND.gif
Round 1: Tyler Hansbrough (13)

Round 2: A.J. Price (52, via Mavericks)

Analysis: I like the strategy Larry Bird and David Morway have been employing the past couple of years in Indiana. Instead of swinging for the fences in the draft, they are trying for singles and doubles and they're connecting.

No, Hansbrough wasn't as sexy a pick as Earl Clark or Jrue Holiday, but he will be in the league for 10 years, maybe as a starter, and he brings a toughness and energy the Pacers really need.

Price isn't going to wow anyone either, but he's steady and can be a solid backup for the Pacers.

Eventually the Pacers will need to find one more star to pair with Danny Granger. And when they do, they'll have built a terrific supporting cast around them that should be able to compete deep into the playoffs.

[h4]

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS GRADE: A[/h4]
LAC.gif
Round 1: Blake Griffin (1)

Analysis: There is no "A" in Clippers. The franchise has been sometimes snakebitten and almost always inept.

But for the Clippers' faithful looking for a glimmer of hope, Griffin is your man. Can he single-handedly wipe out the negative vibes in Clipperland? No. But with Griffin, Eric Gordon and Al Thornton, the Clippers are quietly building a young nucleus that could be special someday.

[h4]

LOS ANGELES LAKERS GRADE: D[/h4]
LAL.gif

Round 2: Chinemelu Elonu (59)

Analysis: The Lakers traded away the draft rights to Toney Douglas and Patrick Beverley for cash and future second-rounders. The argument is that they need every penny when trying to re-sign Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom. And besides, will a rookie ever get any minutes for the defending champs?

I understand the rationale, but also think it's short-sighted. Good teams have to restock at some point and I actually think Douglas, in particular, could've helped them. He could be a Derek Fisher type of player down the road.

[h4]

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES GRADE: A-[/h4]
MEM.gif
Round 1: Hasheem Thabeet (2), DeMarre Carroll (27)

Round 2: Sam Young (36)

Analysis: I'm not a huge fan of Hasheem Thabeet, but understand why the Grizzlies went that way. Ricky Rubio wasn't cooperating and Thabeet can help the Grizzlies, who needed a big, athletic shot blocker. He is limited offensively, but he can change the game on defense.

Then, later in the draft is where the Grizzlies really shined. I loved the Carroll and Young picks. They give the Grizzlies toughness and two players who can come in and contribute immediately.

I've been pretty harsh about some of the Grizzlies' shortcomings in the past, but for the second year in a row, I think they've drafted really well.

[h4]

MIAMI HEAT GRADE: B[/h4]
MIA.gif

Round 2: Patrick Beverley (42, obtained from Lakers via Bulls), Robert Dozier (60, via Cavaliers)

Analysis: The Heat did OK for themselves in the second round. They fell in love with Beverley upon his first workout back from the Ukraine and had been pursuing him ever since. Beverley and Dozier are both terrific athletes. Beverley is also a good defender and scorer. Dozier blocks shots and runs the floor.

This draft is not going to dramatically change the fortunes of the franchise, but I do think Beverley in particular could help the Heat down the road.

[h4]

MILWAUKEE BUCKS GRADE: B+[/h4]
MIL.gif
Round 1: Brandon Jennings (10)

Round 2: Jodie Meeks (41)

Analysis: The Bucks went into rebuilding mode this week when they shipped off Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for expiring contracts. So if they're going to lose for a little while, why not swing for the fences with a player who could be really special?

Jennings is a terrific athlete, is super quick and can score like crazy. He needs to get stronger, work on his jump shot and settle down a bit, but he has the tools to be great if he wants to be.

Meeks doesn't have the physical tools that Jennings does, but he's a crafty scorer who can light it up when given the chance.

The Bucks' future now rests with young players like Andrew Bogut, Joe Alexander and Jennings. It may take him a little longer to realize his potential, but if he does, the Bucks hit a home run.

[h4]

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES GRADE: C+[/h4]
MIN.gif
Round 1: Ricky Rubio (5), Jonny Flynn (6), Wayne Ellington (28)

Round 2: Henk Norel (47, via Heat)

Analysis: Ricky Rubio and Jonny Flynn might have been the two best point guards in the draft. But to fall in love with them both and actually take them both amounts to point guard polygamy.

I really don't know what to think about the Timberwolves' draft. I keep waiting to hear about a trade that tells us where Rubio or Flynn is really going, but it hasn't come, and GM David Kahn says that he wants to keep both of them.

It's almost Kevin McHale-esque, in a way. Remember all of us scratching our head a bit last year when the Wolves traded for Kevin Love, a guy who plays the same position as Minnesota's best player, Al Jefferson?

So, to recap: The Wolves traded two key players on their roster, Randy Foye and Mike Miller, and took back bad contracts, to get the No. 5 pick, a questionable move. Then in the draft the team got the two guys they love, Rubio and Flynn. Terrific. Then GM David Kahn announced his idea to have Rubio and Flynn play together in the backcourt. Huh?

I could see it, I guess, if it had been Stephen Curry they drafted to play alongside Rubio. But Jonny Flynn as a two guard? Really? The Wolves appear to have outsmarted themselves.

Here's the problem: Even if the Wolves' idea to play them together was a good one (and it isn't), I don't think Ricky Rubio's going for it. If he wants to, he can go back to Spain for the next year or two (or more) and really foul things up for the Wolves. Given how things look right now, I think he just might do it.

As for the rest of the draft, I think they made a good deal with Denver for the Lawson pick. That Bobcats pick they received could be valuable down the road. And I like Ellington a bit at No. 28. Norel, not so much.

In the end I doubt we see Rubio and Flynn on the floor together. Trade proposals will come the Wolves' way and Rubio's camp will push them to accept one that they like.

Until then ... this was a weird night for Minnesota.

[h4]

NEW JERSEY NETS GRADE: B-[/h4]
NJN.gif
Round 1: Terrence Williams (11)

Analysis: The Nets' draft day was quite eventful. For the second straight year they made a major trade to cut payroll: Last year they shipped out Richard Jefferson for Yi Jianlian and cap relief, and this year it was Vince Carter for Courtney Lee and cap relief.

The Nets aren't going to be very good this year, but they'll take solace in Williams and Lee. Williams has the talent of a top-five pick, with great size and athleticism, who can do just about everything but shoot. He's an eccentric kid whose personality scared some teams away, but if he plays up to his potential, the Nets will have another star to pair with Devin Harris.

[h4]

NEW ORLEANS HORNETS GRADE: B-[/h4]
NOR.gif
Round 1: Darren Collison (21)

Round 2:: Marcus Thornton (43, obtained from Heat via Pacers)

Analysis: A team with huge holes in the frontcourt addressed, instead, its backcourt.

I think Collison is rock solid and a terrific backup for Chris Paul. He's steady, he defends and he can really push the pace of the game. Thornton is a terrific scorer who slipped because of his lack of size and so-so athleticism.

I like the picks, with my only issue being that Hornets passed on a few big men who could have helped, like DeJuan Blair, B.J. Mullens and DaJuan Summers.

[h4]

NEW YORK KNICKS GRADE: B+[/h4]
NYK.gif
Round 1: Jordan Hill (
glasses.gif
, Toney Douglas (29, obtained from Lakers)

Analysis: The Knicks didn't get what they wanted in the draft: Ricky Rubio or Stephen Curry was supposed to be the point guard of the future at MSG.

But they did draft the best available player at both points in the first round, and I think they improved. Add in the acquisition of Darko Milicic for Quentin Richardson and the Knicks upgraded their front line and added Douglas, an underrated combo guard who can shoot, slash and defend.

None of the three players they added on Thursday have star potential, but they're doing the best with what they have and building a solid supporting cast for what they hope will be a star-studded run on the free agent market next summer.

[h4]

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER GRADE: A-[/h4]
OKC.gif
Round 1: James Harden (3), B.J. Mullens (24, obtained from Dallas)

Round 2: Robert Vaden (54, obtained from Thunder via Spurs)

Analysis: While I thought the Thunder might be able to use Ricky Rubio as a trade asset, if nothing else, it's hard to fault Sam Presti. Harden is a better fit in the backcourt with Russell Westbrook, and I think the Thunder got a terrific value pick in Mullens. On talent and upside, he was one of the most intriguing players in the draft. If coach Scott Brooks can get effort from him, the Thunder will have intriguing young talent at every position on the floor.

[h4]

ORLANDO MAGIC GRADE: N/A[/h4]
ORL.gif

Analysis: The Magic didn't have a first-round pick (they sent it to Memphis in the Rafer Alston trade), but they were really busy pulling off a blockbuster, acquiring Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson for Courtney Lee, Rafer Alston and Tony Battie. The deal was a home run for the Magic. Carter is a huge improvement for the Magic at the 2, and believe it or not, according to John Hollinger's PER, Anderson had a better rookie year than Lee did.

The Magic needed to up the ante after the Cavs traded for Shaq and they did it in a big way. If they can find a way to re-sign Hedo Turkoglu, they'll be the clear favorites in the East.

[h4]

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS GRADE: A[/h4]
PHI.gif
Round 1: Jrue Holiday (17)

Analysis: I really like what the 76ers did, taking an opportunity to nab a lottery talent who was falling because of injury concerns. Holiday is in a long line of players who slipped when team doctors got nervous, with Danny Granger as a prime example. The Sixers could've gone with a more proven guard like Ty Lawson or Eric Maynor, but Holiday has more upside and could turn into a terrific pick for them.

[h4]

PHOENIX SUNS GRADE: A-[/h4]
PHO.gif
Round 1: Earl Clark (14)

Round 2: Taylor Griffin (48)

Analysis: Judge the Suns on who they grabbed at No. 14 and you have to be impressed. Clark was a top-five talent in this draft. He can play multiple positions, and if he gets motivated, he can be a dominant player who should be a terrific fit in the Suns up-tempo system.

Griffin is about grit and athleticism, but he has the talent to stick in the league as a 10th man.

And if you factor in a possible acquisition of Stephen Curry, it gets even better for Phoenix.

[h4]

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS GRADE: B-[/h4]
POR.gif
Round 1: Victor Claver (22)

Round 2: Jeff Pendergraph (31, obtained from Kings), Dante Cunningham (33, obtained from Clippers), Patrick Mills (55, via Nuggets)

Analysis: I love the aggressive way Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard approaches the draft -- even before it began this year, he made two trades to reposition his team.

But I'm not in love with his picks this time around. Claver has real upside and could be a good pick down the road, but he isn't exactly Rudy Fernandez, and he's going to have to make a big leap to make it. Pendergraph is solid but stiff, while Cunningham is talented but undersized and Mills is fast as lightning and a good scorer but small and not a great distributor.

Could Portland have done better? I think so, by taking DeJuan Blair and DaJuan Summers. And yes, it would have been fun to see Pritchard move all the way up to land Ricky Rubio or Stephen Curry.

The Blazers had a solid draft, but Pritchard's rep has made "solid" seem disappointing.

[h4]

SACRAMENTO KINGS GRADE: B+[/h4]
SAC.gif
Round 1: Tyreke Evans (4), Omri Casspi (23)

Round 2: Jon Brockman (38, traded from Blazers via Knicks and Bulls)

Analysis: I'm a little split on what to give the Kings.

On the one hand, I really liked their draft. Evans is a really talented guy and one of the most NBA-ready guards in the draft, a terrific, physical slasher who knows how to score. Casspi is tough as nails with a high-energy game. Brockman is a lumberjack in the paint and will knock heads with anyone. Put these three draft picks together with the acquisition of Andres Nocioni in February and you can no longer call the Kings soft.

On the other hand, I think the Kings chose the safest route, picking now over the future. Ricky Rubio was a better fit than Evans, who is a not a point guard -- he has a scorer's mentality, and Sacramento already has a star shooting guard in Kevin Martin.

The Kings felt like Rubio was too far away, too much of a risk. Compared to Evans, he might be. But in the coming years, Rubio may make them wish they had grabbed him while they could.

[h4]

SAN ANTONIO SPURS GRADE: A+[/h4]
SAS.gif

Round 2: DeJuan Blair (37, obtained via Warriors and Suns), Jack McClinton (51, via Hornets and Raptors), Nando De Colo (53, via Rockets)

Analysis: The Spurs always seem to find a way to make a little into a lot. With no first-round picks they were still able to come away with some terrific players.

Blair, if his knees stay sturdy, is the steal of the draft. McClinton is a clone of Eddie House. And De Colo really impressed me with his point guard skills at the Eurocamp.

I think Blair can come in and help immediately on the boards and McClinton can be a nice scorer coming off the bench. Factor in the addition of Richard Jefferson on Tuesday, and the Spurs have had one heck of a week.

[h4]

TORONTO RAPTORS GRADE: B+[/h4]
TOR.gif
Round 1: DeMar DeRozan (9)

Analysis: The Raptors swung for the fences with this pick, getting a player with as much upside as anyone else in the draft.

DeRozan is long and athletic and can run the floor. If he improves his jump shot and ball-handling, he could be one of the best players in the draft. Those are big ifs, but the Raptors made a worthy gamble. With Chris Bosh possibly leaving this summer or next, they needed to add another premiere talent.

[h4]

UTAH JAZZ GRADE: A[/h4]
UTH.gif
Round 1: Eric Maynor (20)

Round 2: Goran Suton (50)

Analysis: Fans never like their teams drafting bench players, but Utah GM Kevin O'Connor didn't try to make a crowd-pleasing choice.

The Jazz really needed to find a competent backup for Deron Williams and, in my opinion, they walked away with the most underrated player in the draft. Maynor is a pure point guard who sees the floor well, makes players around him better, isn't afraid to take over a game late and rarely makes mistakes. On top of that, he's a great kid and a hard worker who should fit perfectly in Utah.

Suton has talent, but he'll probably be honing that talent in Europe next year.

[h4]

WASHINGTON WIZARDS GRADE: A[/h4]
WAS.gif

Analysis: Washington had the No. 5 pick in the draft but traded it, along with Etan Thomas, Darius Songaila and Oleksiy Pecherov, to the Wolves for Randy Foye and Mike Miller. The Wizards understood that they were unlikely to get a player at No. 5 who could crack their rotation, and they wanted to be serious contenders right away in the East. I think the addition of Foye and Miller puts them there.

The Wolves were willing to pay significantly more than any other team, giving up two solid starters. I don't think the Wizards could've done any better in getting value for the No. 5 pick.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

I've been pretty harsh about some of the Grizzlies' shortcomings in the past, but for the second year in a row, I think they've drafted really well.
pimp.gif

Well, I'm glad Memphis saved the embarassment of Rubio vamping out on the team like he's trying to do Minnesota.
laugh.gif

I think it's totally his fault to have fallen so much in the draft. Fegan worked on alienating most of the team that could pick him in a good position toface the the buyout, and run a workout that drove Sacramento off him. The guy was positioned as a top2 or 3 and ended up at #5, and will probably have to goback to Europe. Plus, all the wanting to go to a team without a PG to end up with Minnesota that drafted Flynn too. Really poor management, and that's hiscamp to blame for it, plus he didn't help trying to avid all the question he was made.

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ How is Minnesota ruining Rubio's career? He's ruining his NBA career himself by threatening not to play for the team that drafts him....primadonna little @$%$. I still love him though.

So I'd like to know how Minnesota is ruining his career...because that's blasphemy. It's obvious he is in full control of his own path.
You think he can guard Vince Carter? how about Kobe? Ray Allen? What happens if teams go big and a guy like Paul Peirce is playing the 2? Homiewill get torched on the regular.

This is stupid, and If I don't get to watch Ricky Rubio because of your moron GM I will be annoyed as hell.
mad.gif

On everything if I were Minny i would keep him and let him go right back over there or trade him to an even more disgruntling situation. You can't let aplayer cripple your franchise without even suiting up... This is STeve Francis/Van Grizzlies all over again.

If I'm Rubio...and I get drafted...and a team take another guy at my position right after me...I'm going to feel some type of way about it too.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^ Gunna, I was straight joking about Paul Harris.
laugh.gif
...BUT, you're foolish if you don't think Bron could play in the NFL. He was All-State as a soph in hs, IN OHIO.
pimp.gif

Sapp addressed Lebron a while back. Dude did nothing short of going to the lockerroom for repairs after a guy like Songaila and Haywood hit him, so what doyou think would happen if Lebron took a hit over the middle in a NFL game. He's built for the NBA. It's nonsense if you honestly think he could playin the NFL. It's a totally different beast.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

If I'm Rubio...and I get drafted...and a team take another guy at my position right after me...I'm going to feel some type of way about it too.
I wouldn't say all that. Most people thought he was going to do this regardless if they drafted another PG or not. That's why Minnesotadid it in the first place. Like I said, its more of Fegan's fault than Rubio. He the one that hired him which is his fault, but Fegan put this on himselfand his client.

I've been saying this for the longest that its stupid how Fegan didn't make him more attractive to teams in the top 3 rather than only working out forone team. He lost ALOT of money his first two years by being drafted so low. I wish Minnesota would've took him 6th and made his salary even lower just topiss Fegan off. Minnesota just need to let him go back overseas and let him stay until he realizes not to be a $*@)! about playing in the NBA. I can understandwhere he's coming from though because with the salary he's making with the 5th pick, he'll basically be paying to play in the league.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ How is Minnesota ruining Rubio's career? He's ruining his NBA career himself by threatening not to play for the team that drafts him....primadonna little @$%$. I still love him though.

So I'd like to know how Minnesota is ruining his career...because that's blasphemy. It's obvious he is in full control of his own path.
You think he can guard Vince Carter? how about Kobe? Ray Allen? What happens if teams go big and a guy like Paul Peirce is playing the 2? Homie will get torched on the regular.

This is stupid, and If I don't get to watch Ricky Rubio because of your moron GM I will be annoyed as hell.
mad.gif

How is the GM a moron? For taking the two best players on the board in a slim draft?
laugh.gif

I'm not even a "rubio guy" but still you have to draft him if he slips. Flynn was our guy, Rubio happened to be there, ideally I always thoughtwe wanted Evans/Curry, but the wolves war room seemed ecstatic that Flynn fell to them, so I dunno. In the end I would like to see Rubio suit up for thewolves, but if he doesn't GOOD riddance.

The GM isn't runining as long as he has an idea becuase I don't see how you can play them together. Way to much of a defensive problem.

Chad Ford saying Jonny Flynn isn't a scoring guard? That is what he did best at Syracuse, he wasn't a great PG.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I wouldn't say all that. Most people thought he was going to do this regardless if they drafted another PG or not. That's why Minnesota did it in the first place. Like I said, its more of Fegan's fault than Rubio. He the one that hired him which is his fault, but Fegan put this on himself and his client.

I've been saying this for the longest that its stupid how Fegan didn't make him more attractive to teams in the top 3 rather than only working out for one team. He lost ALOT of money his first two years by being drafted so low. I wish Minnesota would've took him 6th and made his salary even lower just to piss Fegan off. Minnesota just need to let him go back overseas and let him stay until he realizes not to be a $*@)! about playing in the NBA. I can understand where he's coming from though because with the salary he's making with the 5th pick, he'll basically be paying to play in the league.
now imagine this was your grizz's pick that you were so positive about.
dude clearly wants to play in ny...

Back
Top Bottom