:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

tell me this ain't the most awkward lookin' pic...
capt.e91a6595d08d4efa8542a199377ef254.nba_draft_basketball_nysw113.jpg

laugh.gif

Bamma got $500 threads, but can't get a $2 comb. Hair looking like some black steel wool. You know what he's thinking also..."I'm bout to be rich mudda suckas..."

*Shuges got all the rookie pics in the NBA casual wear thread if you're interested
roll.gif

Poor Thabeet.

for what its worth, I spoke to my boy Rudy who is with Flynn (best friends) in NY for the draft, said Flynn said he thinks he going to Minn. or NY

Where the hell did Terrence Williams get those cargo dress pants from? Dude always tryna be different.

#1 - LAC- Blake Griffin
#2 - MEM- Hasheem Thabeet
#3 - OKC- James Harden
#4 - SAC- Ricky Rubio
#5 - MIN- Tyreke Evans
#6 - MIN- Jonny Flynn
and Hill to GSW

happy.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

tell me this ain't the most awkward lookin' pic...
capt.e91a6595d08d4efa8542a199377ef254.nba_draft_basketball_nysw113.jpg

laugh.gif

Bamma got $500 threads, but can't get a $2 comb. Hair looking like some black steel wool. You know what he's thinking also..."I'm bout to be rich mudda suckas..."

*Shuges got all the rookie pics in the NBA casual wear thread if you're interested
laugh.gif

catfish.jpg

smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

for what its worth, I spoke to my boy Rudy who is with Flynn (best friends) in NY for the draft, said Flynn said he thinks he going to Minn. or NY
Flynn/Evans it is.

If Minnesota can't package the 5&6 to move up, and Rubio/Thabeet are both gone....that wouldn't be ideal.

-Indications we're receiving are that Sacramento appears to be leaning towards drafting Jonny Flynn, even in the scenario that Oklahoma City decides to pass on Ricky Rubio. The wildcard here are the team owners, the Maloofs, who are extremely high on the Spanish point guard and could decide to assert their own will and make the front office pick Rubio.

Flynn won't have to wait long in the Green Room regardless, as its extremely unlikely that he gets past the Milwaukee Bucks. He may even have a promise there.

-Brandon Jennings seemed somewhat dazed at today's media sessions, which is yet another indication that he has no idea where he is going to get picked at this point. Privately, Jennings is telling people that he feels he has a good chance of being selected 5th by Minnesota, even if he really doesn't want to be there apparently. The latest word is that Jennings may actually pull out of the Green Room, especially if his situation doesn't clear up by tonight.

When asked about the possibility of sitting for an extended period in the Green Room, Jennings admitted that the thought had crossed his mind.

"Yeah, it actually has a lot. Being on the road with some of these guys, they make you think a little bit, should I go, should I not go? Some of these guys were saying, no way, you aren't going to see me sitting alone in the Green Room. So I had a little bit of cold feet thinking about it, actually I'm still thinking about it, so I don't know yet."

-Another interesting quote in today's media session came from Jordan Hill, as he was very candid in deflecting criticism he had received from some comments he made in private interviews at the NBA combine in Chicago earlier this month about affinity for nightlife.

"I definitely don't regret it; they asked me to be honest. I don't go out and party all night, I'm not like that, but I like to have a little fun. When I get my work done first, then I'll go out and have a little time for myself. I don't regret saying what I did, they wanted me to be honest and I was."

If Stephen Curry is indeed off the board as expected, Hill appears to be a very strong target for the New York Knicks, particularly their head coach Mike D'Antoni. The front office seems to be leaning towards Jrue Holiday, but could be swayed towards selecting Hill instead, especially if they feel like they can sign and trade David Lee to Oklahoma City for the rights to Ricky Rubio.

When told about the rumors about D'Antoni, Hill did not surprised at all, telling us about an interesting conversation the two had after Hill's workout in New York:

"I was able to show more athleticism, my quickness, how well I run the floor, my mid-range jumper; they say I'm like Amare. You know Coach D'Antoni coached him and I feel like any team would want to have Amare and that's how they feel about me.

DX: Did he bring that up to you? Amare?

JH: Yes."

New York is reportedly very frustrated not to have found a way to move up into the top 5 of the draft, as they apparently felt like they already had a deal done with the Washington Wizards (Wilson Chandler and Larry Hughes for expiring contracts) before Minnesota's offer won out. They are very much in the mix trying to make a trade happen, and therefore it wasn't surprising to see them try and acquire Darko Milicic.

New York's two main targets are still Ricky Rubio and Stephen Curry. Unfortunately for the Knicks, Curry's camp appears to be resolved to the fact that he is going 5, 6 or 7. Rubio will obviously be long gone.

dear god

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee let the hawks get a good point gaurd

pleaseeeeeeeee let us get a big man

pleaseeeeeeeeeeee let them trade mike bibby

Also, if your the T Wolves who do you take first regarding 5 and 6? I know the money is a little different but is there any reason to take so and so before theother?

When was the last time a draft had so much uncertainty to it? I mean, until the actual draft happens, NO ONE, including front office personel for these teamsknow what's going to happen. It really does make for a good and interesting draft tomorrow imo

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Also, if your the T Wolves who do you take first regarding 5 and 6? I know the money is a little different but is there any reason to take so and so before the other?
I think you take the one you feel most comfortable about reaching their potential first, just for the small financial reasons... The difference inthe contracts is only ~$300K a year, so it's not too big an issue...

Ya, so far any known endorsements whether it be sneakers or anything? I know Blake has signed with EA Sports and Subway. Jonny Flynn has been doing someLevi's shoots for clothing and a video. They have been wearing Nike in their workouts also.

Oklahoma City will take Rubio, Presti just sending up smopke signals to dudes to have them think that Rubio will be there at 4

...Evans probably going 4th unless Draft Express is right with Flynn being taken.

My Mock Draft goes.

1. Blake Griffin
2. Hasheem Thabeet
3. Ricky Rubio
4. Tyreke Evans
5. James Harden
6. Jonny Flynn
7. Jordan Hill
8. Stephen Curry
9.DeMar Derozan
10. Jrue Holiday
11. Terrence Williams