:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

I can see Flynn going to Minn., Imagine the core of Flynn,Harden,Brewer,Love, Jefferson.....with Foye and Miller off the bench. team

Fixed if for ya there big guy.

Flynn,Harden,Brewer,Love, Jefferson
pimp.gif

I'm so confused on who I want on this team.
laugh.gif

The more time goes by, the less I want Rubio.

How did he think we got the #5 and #6 pick?
laugh.gif

EDIT:

I still want Rubio, but I'd be content if we landed both Harden and Flynn.

I'm still mixed on Tyreke...

Two players I don't want no matter what happens: Curry, Hill

So if it's...

1) Blake
2) Thabeet.

Harden is very likely at three, as Rubio and Westbrook may not be able to coexist. Would the Kings pick Rubio fourth?

Imagine if the Timberwolves didn't have to pick trade in order to get Rubio, and the Kings instead picked Flynn, or hell even Jrue Holiday (
sick.gif
).

Give the Timberwolves a choice between Flynn, Evans, Rubio.
sick.gif

I think they'll go full back-court this draft, whether they give up the 18th or not. I think Evans is a lock to the T-Wolves though, regardless if they getRubio or not.

JP, I really think that Harden is gone at three tomorrow. Who else would they pick #3?

Is Jennings the only player in the draft that can go anywhere from 4-the end of the 1st round?
roll.gif

I think it's all smoke from Sac saying they don't want Rubio, so a team won't trade up ahead of 'em.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by young dr0

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

I used to write em down on a spiral
and spend all night creating the rookies since nba live 07 on SEGA genesis ...

Live 07 wasn't on Sega tho
laugh.gif

I been creating rookies since live 96' tho

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota's trade with the Washington Wizards was completed Wednesday, but several other proposed trades by the Timberwolves haven't had the same luck.

Memphis has refused multiple trades offers from Minnesota because the Timberwolves aren't prepared to part with both the No. 5 and 6 picks or toss in Kevin Love in another scenario with just the No. 6 pick, a source with knowledge of the Grizzlies' situation told ESPN.com.

The Grizzlies are, according to the source, prepared to make Connecticut's Hasheem Thabeet the No. 2 pick in the draft if they cannot get a deal for the selection.

Memphis discussed sending the No. 2 to Minnesota for the No. 5 and No. 6, but the Timberwolves have been consistent that they don't want to give away two top 10 picks. The TWolves also rejected the offer for No. 6 and Love. The Timberwolves offered either No. 5 or 6 and Craig Smith for the No. 2, but Memphis rejected that trade, too. The source said there was never any discussion involving Minnesota's No. 18 pick.

The Grizzlies aren't seriously talking with any other team about the No. 2 pick, but did have an initial discussion with Oklahoma City for the No. 3 pick and Thabo Sefolosha, but that deal was rejected by the Thunder. The Grizzlies had an initial discussion with the Sacramento Kings to move No. 2 for No. 4 and Jason Thompson but that was declined, as well. The source said New York is not pursuing the No. 2 pick, but the Knicks and the Grizzlies have talked about a straight up trade with the Grizzlies sending Darko Milicic to New York for Quentin Richardson. Both players have expiring contracts.

Thabeet is atop the Grizzlies draft board with Memphis' Tyreke Evans second, followed by Syracuse's Jonny Flynn and Davidson's Stephen Curry. The Grizzlies have given up trying to get Ricky Rubio and the source said they didn't want to deal with the buyout issues.
Well looks like a deal with Minnesota won't be happening unless some last minute stuff changes. If Memphis is so set on taking Thabeet, Iwonder what they offered OKC? Thabo and 3rd would've been fine with me depending on who they offered.

It's funny how Flynn just moved up on the Grizz draft board all of a sudden. Memphsi also has giving up on Rubio because of the buyout issues...
eyes.gif

The story changes every week with Memphis and Rubio.
laugh.gif
Looks likeMemphis might end up keeping the pick after all. Whether or not they draft Rubio or Thabeet is still questionable.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

I can see Flynn going to Minn., Imagine the core of Flynn,Harden,Brewer,Love, Jefferson.....with Foye and Miller off the bench.
You gonna have to bring someone else off the bench
laugh.gif
Iwouldn't be surprised if Brewer becomes a bust.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ Have any predictions you want to bet your user name on?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Actually I do....

Blake Griffin will slip to the Timberwolves....I can't see LA picking him with Kaman, Camby, Randolph already there

Some dummy will think I'm serious and quote me with a stone face only to embarrass themselves......I'm waiting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer becomes a bust.

It sure looks like it's heading that way, doesn't it? Oh well, I'll give him a year or two more before I pass judgement.

I do, however, like the prospect of our defense with him and someone like Thabeet.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

JA... Whispers are it might be Collison...
smh.gif
sick.gif

That definitely explains why we wouldn't mind moving down..
smh.gif

Give me Ty Lawson, Maynor, hell give me Wayne Ellington before Collison (okay maybe not Ellington).

I wonder if Henderson can fall to the Mavs, although it's unlikely if the Nets pick Terrence Williams with 11 because then Gerald would definitely go 12.

The Memphis Grizzlies' twin towers with Thabeet would be pretty damn awesome later on.

Mayo
Gay
Darrell Arthur
Marc Gasol
Thabeet

if only Mayo could play the 1 effectively.

Rubio
Mayo
Gay
Loser
Marc Gasol

If everything stays like it is...

#1 - LAC- Blake Griffin
#2 - MEM- Hasheem Thabeet
#3 - OKC- James Harden
#4 - SAC- Ricky Rubio
#5 - MIN- Tyreke Evans
#6 - MIN- Jonny Flynn

That's what I think anyway.

I believe OKC is serious about Harden...and Sacramento is just blowing smoke about the whole Rubio thing.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I wouldn't be surprised if Brewer becomes a bust.
It sure looks like it's heading that way, doesn't it? Oh well, I'll give him a year or two more before I pass judgement.

I do, however, like the prospect of our defense with him and someone like Thabeet.
yea, brewer is a good defender no doubt...he just needs to become agressive on a consistent basis...he showed flashes of it last year before hegot hurt.

Yeah I think Tyreke and Flynn is the logical route for them.

I don't see them taking Curry, and I think Tyreke is a lock.

tell me this ain't the most awkward lookin' pic...
capt.e91a6595d08d4efa8542a199377ef254.nba_draft_basketball_nysw113.jpg

laugh.gif

Bamma got $500 threads, but can't get a $2 comb. Hair looking like some black steel wool. You know what he's thinking also..."I'm bout to berich mudda suckas..."

*Shuges got all the rookie pics in the NBA casual wear thread if you're interested

Back
Top Bottom