:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Seriously, I don't have a clue who the Knicks want/are going to draft.

If they had their pick (aside from Blake Griffin) would it be Rubio or Curry? If they're both gone... do they want Holiday, Harden, Hill, Flynn?

I just want Rubio... or Flynn if Rubio is gone
frown.gif
From the sounds of it, it seems like Flynn is last on their list out of those guys.
That's the feeling I get too. But Walsh is so cerebral I don't know what he's thinking. Every day it seems as if their order changes.

the knicks should focus on trading their pick...save the money for next year when the free agent market will go down
laugh.gif

Man I think Jordan Hill is going to be the real deal...
he is athletic, runs well, rebounds really well is more polished offensively then Tyson Chandler and from what i've seen has a good motor.
Who ever drafts him is going to get a good player

if you couldnt tell he is my draft sleeper, which is funny to say of someone going in the top 10
laugh.gif

I have the opposite opinion of Hill. I'm always skeptical of those dudes who are still relatively new to basketball. Dude started played playing ball inHS.

He passes the "basketball look" test but that's as far as it goes with me

I see Jordan Hill, then get flashbacks of Drew Gooden and Chris Wilcox. Athletic big men with low basketball IQs are always concerning. However, Hill does havea motor to him that the other two didn't have.

Work ethic is something you can't teach. It seems like Hill has a lot of it, but I'm still "iffy" on whether or not I would want him on myteam by draft him in the top 6.

When he started playing has nothing to do with outcome... especially since he's not handling the ball and running an offense. Teams now are excellentdevelopment programs for his game to florish.
and it depends on what you are expecting to get from him...
He will be asked to.... rebound, defend, and score around the basket. More importantly he is not a stiff i.e. recent busts
IN THE RIGHT SYSTEM he can do something imo

EDIT:
I see Tyson Chandler with a jumpshot around the basket
DOUBLE EDIT:
He is NOT Chris Wilcox, dude was a baskethead who didnt want to develop an offensive game, lazy, and dumb

I don't see Flynn going before Jennings. IMO Jennings has more upside, and is a better athlete.

Hill is an ok player, but did not show me enough against the weak pac 10 to get the praise he is getting.

I think Earl Clark is a better player, just smaller. But plays big.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I don't see Flynn going before Jennings. IMO Jennings has more upside, and is a better athlete.

Hill is an ok player, but did not show me enough against the weak pac 10 to get the praise he is getting.

Flynn tested as the best athlete in the entire draft

Except Tyson Chandler is 7'1 and 15-20 pounds heavier

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Work ethic is something you can't teach. It seems like Hill has a lot of it, but I'm still "iffy" on whether or not I would want him on my team by draft him in the top 6.
I'd rather develop Darrell Arthur than spend a pick on Hill
grin.gif
. DAprobably would be a top ten pick this year had he stayed at Kansas. I'm a little down on Arthur's potential (as are a lot of people it seems), but Ithink he can be a quality PF in two to three years. The potential is there for him to be a 13-16 point and 8-9 rebound caliber player in due time. He justneeds to get stronger and gain experience.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Seeing them both play in person, I can't agree with that at all.

But to add fuel to the fire:

Brandon Jennings won't be joining the Ricky Rubio fan club anytime soon.

The promising point guard who skipped college in order to play professionally in Europe was quick to call out Spanish international and fellow hotshotprospect Rubio for being overhyped, SI.com reports.

[+] Enlarge
Luca Sgamellotti/EB via Getty Images Brandon Jennings, left, averaged 7.6 points and 1.6 assists in Euroleague action this season.

"Yes. Because he played in the Olympics, he's been playing pro ball since he was like 14. So there it is right there," Jennings was quoted assaying. "I can't wait to play him, though, in summer league. I'm just letting you know that now. I can't wait.

"Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is," Jennings told reporters after working out for the Sacramento Kings on Friday. "I just shoot the ball better than he can.The only thing I've seen him do sometimes is when he has a home run pass or something like that. I think the dude is just all hype. I can't even front.I'm just going to be real with you guys."

Jennings also believes there are a number of young playmakers more capable than the Spanish teenager.

"Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me [and fellow point guard prospects] Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Tywon Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't probably be at the top," hewas quoted as saying in SI.com.

When asked about their head-to-head matchup last year, the 6-foot-2 Jennings boasted, "Well, when I played him, he had zero points, two assists and twoturnovers. So you tell me how that went."

Records of the game from the Euroleague's official Web site showed Rubio went scoreless with three assists and three turnovers in just nine minutes ofplay. Jennings posted 12 points and two assists in Lottomatica Roma's 97-93 loss to Rubio's DKV Joventut.

In his latest mock draft projections, ESPN Insider's Chad Ford has Rubio being taken third by the Oklahoma City Thunder and Jennings going to the Phoenix Suns with the 14th pick.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

DOUBLE EDIT:
He is NOT Chris Wilcox, dude was a baskethead who didnt want to develop an offensive game, lazy, and dumb

Im judging strictly off of college...

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Except Tyson Chandler is 7'1 and 15-20 pounds heavier

Brandon Jennings never went through combine measurements.

Position: PG
Height: 6-1
Weight: 199
School: North Carolina

Position: SF
Height: 6-11
Weight: 192
School: Gonzaga

laugh.gif
Austin Daye is a #!#%%... gunna be 3 years before his body will lethim play 15-20 min a night.... my lil sister would mollywhop dude

/\ Ehh...im not saying Daye is as good as him but Anthony Randolph made out OK last year @ 197 pounds

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

Position: PG
Height: 6-1
Weight: 199
School: North Carolina

Position: SF
Height: 6-11
Weight: 192
School: Gonzaga

laugh.gif
Austin Daye is a #!#%%... gunna be 3 years before his body will let him play 15-20 min a night.... my lil sister would mollywhop dude

Anthony Randolph was around the same size as well. He put on 20 pounds this off-season, so its not that big of a deal.

Back
Top Bottom