:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by franchise3

TMac + Brooks + Landry for Amare + Barbosa gaining steam
Suns starting from scratch if that deal goes down...And then all of a sudden the Rockets look
eek.gif

^

Dayes size isnt the worst part, its that he PLAYS soft also. If he were just skinny, but he played like a tough guy, you could deal with it.

You shouldve seen him in the UNC/Gonzaga game in the NCAA tournament....dude is a cream puff, totally backs down when challenged

Who's down for some comparisons? These are always funny
laugh.gif
. Some I though of:

Blake Griffin - Antonio McDyess (pre-injuries)
James Harden - Manu Ginobili
Hasheem Thabeet - Samuel Dalembert
Tyreke Evans - Larry Hughes
Stephen Curry - Mo Williams
Jonny Flynn - T.J. Ford
Jordan Hill - Drew Gooden
Earl Clark - Lamar Odom (weaker handles)
Jrue Holiday - Kirk Hinrich (weaker jump shot)

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Who's down for some comparisons? These are always funny
laugh.gif
. Some I though of:

Blake Griffin - Antonio McDyess (pre-injuries)
James Harden - Manu Ginobili
roll.gif
roll.gif
i think u meant to say joe johnson
Hasheem Thabeet - Samuel Dalembert
Tyreke Evans - Larry Hughes
Stephen Curry - Mo Williams
Jonny Flynn - T.J. Ford
Jordan Hill - Drew Gooden
Earl Clark - Lamar Odom (weaker handles)
Jrue Holiday - Kirk Hinrich (weaker jump shot)

Well in draft related news the Lakers offered Jordan Farmar to the Rockets or for them purchase the 29th pick, but the Rockets turned them down.

Harden doesn't have half the jumpshooting ability Johnson has

Harden doesn't have half the athleticism/penetrating/finishing at the rim ability Manu has

Rubio = Luke Ridnour.

Only say that because I heard it yesterday. Thought it was funny. I hope it isn't true though (If Minny gets him)

So Jennings goes to Italy and is deemed a failure. Jrue Holliday goes to UCLA and $%+%# the bed and is a lottery pick. Seems about right.

I'm pulling for Jennings.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

So Jennings goes to Italy and is deemed a failure. Jrue Holliday goes to UCLA and $%+%# the bed and is a lottery pick. Seems about right.

I'm pulling for Jennings.
laugh.gif
Exaacccctttlllly

Although NBAdraft.net has Jrue out of the Lottery

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Harden doesn't have half the athleticism/penetrating/finishing at the rim ability Manu has
You're right, James doesn't have the athleticism of Manu, but he has the same craftiness to his game. Plus he has the strength to help himfinish around the rim. There were other comparisons I had for James (Brandon Roy and Paul Pierce) but he doesn't have Roy's explosiveness orPierce's size/mid-range shooting. Thought Manu was the perfect balance between the two.

Harden had a 37 inch vertical, one of the fastest sprints in the combine and put up the bench 17 times, he is every bit the athlete that manu is his style ofplay just makes it less obvious.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

You're right, James doesn't have the athleticism of Manu, but he has the same craftiness to his game. Plus he has the strength to help him finish around the rim. There were other comparisons I had for James (Brandon Roy and Paul Pierce) but he doesn't have Roy's explosiveness or Pierce's size/mid-range shooting. Thought Manu was the perfect balance between the two.
Harden is a combo of all the players mentioned above. Think that's the best way of putting it. Comparing Harden to Manu is not fair to Manu..and I really like Harden

And I don't give a damn about measurables. It's all about what you do on the court..

if i were the knicks, i would try and buy a mid round 1st round pick and take jennings. from what im reading, he can be really good, or an huge bust.
hes one of those low risks, high reward type of players. i like.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tyreke Evans = A stronger Jamal Crawford

No.

And I usually agree with you
laugh.gif
Why not?
Crawford's handles are off the charts, not so sure about Evans
You need to get familiar bro.

'Reke's handles to be 6-6 are ridiculous.

Dammit BJ
smh.gif
smh.gif

I still think he made the right decision (Skill wise)

Back
Top Bottom