:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

So how many moves will the blazers do today?
let's get an over/under on that.

i'll say four.

Ten

Better question, how moves will they make that will matter in the NBA landscape?

Zero. Like clockwork.
pimp.gif

Last night on the ESPN pre-draft show they showed the number of trades the past three years have been in the high 20's. So I'm thinking this year thetotal amount of trades should easily surpass 30 with all the uncertainty surrounding the talent in this draft.

Should be a good one.

if anyone knows how to post them without the watermark, GETTY IMAGES has the pictures of the draft prospects up dressed up

I wonder who the Knicks are targeting at the bottom of the first round...it can't really be Jack McClinton can it?

Late first round picks made $3-4M depending if they get their contracts exercised or not, so it's not that big of a deal. In this case, the Lakers save themoney for Lamar and Trevor. Good move by Kupchak.

I say Jennings to Indy because they're shopping Ford, and Jack can play/backup the 2 spot. Either way, I find it hard to believe this dude falls past 20.

3M for pick 29 is expensive and word, it's all going to Trevor
laugh.gif

So the Knicks in part are helping the Lakers re-sign Ariza possibly.

Bittersweet for a Knick team that gave up on him for Steve Francis.

With all the headaches jamaal tinsley caused, do u really think that the pacers will take Jennings especially if cats like maynor or lawson are still on theboard?

^
And... You think the Blazers (now #22) will take Telfair reloaded?

It's curtains for Jennings and Holiday.

You heard it here first.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

jennings slippping past 20??

jesus, whoever is picking him up then is getting a steal. i definitely see him as a top 5 prospect in this draft.

and whoever said his attitude sucks..whats wrong with wanting to be the best? whats wrong with talking a little trash? whats wrong with calling people out? i dont see nothing wrong with wanting to be the best, he said it himself, he wants to be the best point guard in the draft

I question him more for:, can he be a leader of a team? Can he make the easy pass? Is he in it for the team, or is he in it to make a highlight? Can a coach harness his HORRIBLE shot selection, and turn him into a smart player?

Nobody with any sense would question his ABILITY and TALENT. Theres more to it than that though.
More than anything I think it has to do with, that it would could a couple of years (3-4 according to the Nets) before he becomes a proficientstarter and with his attitude problems he isn't a player that'll play a role until he develops ..... so by the time he becomes a serviceable player andpotential star if he pans out, chances are he would be way past disgruntled, looking for new pastures and done with his rookie deal

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

^
And... You think the Blazers (now #22) will take Telfair reloaded?

It's curtains for Jennings and Holiday.

You heard it here first.
kings with 23rd...wouldnt it be crazy if they picked up jennings and whoever they get at 4

/\ They're targeting a PG in Flynn, Evans, Curry w/ the 4th pick. I doubt they'd take another one @ 23.

If Jennings falls out of the lottery, like suitors are Philly, Atlanta. I say if he slides past there...someone will take him for value and try to move him. Idon't think he falls out round 1

^ Who do you think the Kings are selecting at #4? I think that the whole thing about them not wanting Rubio is a smokescreen that they put up just so teamswon't trade in front of them to get him. I think they'll take him if he's there...but I want to know what a Kings fan thinks.

NBA Draft.nets latest mock

Updated: 6/25/09 1:46 pm

1 LA Clippers - Blake Griffin
2 Memphis - Hasheem Thabeet
3 Oklahoma Cty - Ricky Rubio
4 Sacramento - Stephen Curry
5 Minnesota - Tyreke Evans
6 Minnesota - Jonny Flynn
7 Golden St. - Jordan Hill
8 New York - James Harden
9 Toronto - James Johnson
10 Milwaukee - DeMar DeRozan
11 New Jersey - Gerald Henderson
12 Charlotte - Terrence Williams
13 Indiana - DeJuan Blair
14 Phoenix - Tyler Hansbrough
15 Detroit - BJ Mullens
16 Chicago - Earl Clark
17 Philadelphia - Ty Lawson
18 Minnesota - Sam Young
19 Atlanta - Brandon Jennings
20 Utah - Jrue Holiday
21 New Orleans - Eric Maynor
22 Portland - Jeff Teague
23 Sacramento - Omri Casspi
24 Dallas - DaJuan Summers
25 Oklahoma City - Chase Budinger
26 Chicago - Wayne Ellington
27 Memphis - Derrick Brown
28 Minnesota - Jonas Jerebko
29New York - Toney Douglas
30 Cleveland - Taj Gibson

It's in givony's latest draft update on DraftExpress that a rumor of a 3 team deal involving minny,memphis,and nj is being discussed currently. thedeal would be as follows

Memphis receives:
#5 pick
#6 pick

Minnesota receives:
Devin Harris

New Jersey receives:
Ricky Rubio
Craig Smith

nerd.gif

^ No thanks
smh.gif

Why would we give up the #5, #6 and Craig Smith for Devin Harris when we won't give up the #5 and #6 for Rubio?

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ Who do you think the Kings are selecting at #4? I think that the whole thing about them not wanting Rubio is a smokescreen that they put up just so teams won't trade in front of them to get him. I think they'll take him if he's there...but I want to know what a Kings fan thinks.

If Rubio is unavailable, I originally liked the idea of picking Evas or Flynn.

However, I'm warming up to the idea of Curry as of late.

Back
Top Bottom