:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

new rumor: Charlotte sends Emeka Okafor To philly for Elton brand with the draft choices being swapped, trying to find the source right now

Edit: Just a rumor for now

Originally Posted by woody2626

new rumor: Charlotte sends Emeka Okafor To philly for Elton brand with the draft choices being swapped, trying to find the source right now

Edit: Just a rumor for now
How would Elton Brand help Charlotte? If that trade went down it would be a terrible trade on their part.

I can't see any reason AT ALL for Houston to trade Shane Battier. No way in hell I would trade that guy. He is perfect for that team.

That said, hope they do it.
laugh.gif

If Emeka comes to Philly, that basically eliminates any chance of Sammy staying.

Win-win.
pimp.gif

im saving my posts,
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
1. hope warriors get rid of corey's fat and ugly contract. good riddance.
2. no on that chandler+8 for whatever garbage we're getting back. wilson stays in ny.
3. these trades all suck. every trade rumored so far is pretty much 1-sided
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

FROM HIS CHAT

John Hollinger
Sorry, had to take the call there -- there's a BIG trade brewing --

IF YALL WANT THE WHOLE CHAT LET ME KNOW

[h6]John Hollinger[/h6]
Nets and Magic are apparently working on a Vince Carter trade, according to our Chad Ford. Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee and Tony Battie would go to NewJersey.
[h6]John Hollinger[/h6]
Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4287197

John Hollinger

Nets and Magic are apparently working on a Vince Carter trade, according to our Chad Ford. Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee and Tony Battie would go to New Jersey.

Nets and Magic are apparently working on a Vince Carter trade, according to our Chad Ford. Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee and Tony Battie would go to New Jersey.

I will take Courtney Lee for sure.

That deal is much better than the GSW deal

Skip coming close to home.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

eyes.gif
@ the Magic. Courtney Lee? Really? The trade is so-so unless they getTurkoglu back. How good would their defense be with VC, Turk, Lewis?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

John Hollinger

eek.gif
eek.gif

Jameer
Vince
Hedo
Rashard
Howard

OMG!!!
eek.gif

Why would they move Courtney Lee? VC is over the hill and I just don't understand why this trade would go down.

Meer
Vince
Lewis
???
Dwight

Meer
Vince
???
Lewis
Dwight

Meer
???
Vince
Lewis
Dwight

Get another 2/3/4 and I guess that's ok depending on how motivated VC is

Originally Posted by CP1708

John Hollinger

eek.gif
eek.gif

Jameer
Vince
Hedo
Rashard
Howard

OMG!!!
eek.gif

How would they be able to afford Hedo with Vince's deal on the cap?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by CP1708

John Hollinger

eek.gif
eek.gif

Jameer
Vince
Hedo
Rashard
Howard

OMG!!!
eek.gif

How would they be able to afford Hedo with Vince's deal on the cap?

I don't care, make it happen. They just made how much money with the extra 12 playoff home games? Put that back into the roster and keep Hedo. Idon't care about tax, they have a great chance at a title with the team I listed above. (still need a bench, but whatever) if they land Vince, they canfind a way to get the money for Hedo. New arena comin right? There's money.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Why would they move Courtney Lee? VC is over the hill and I just don't understand why this trade would go down.

Basically what I was gonna say.

I really don't want T-mac moving but if he does get traded, I hope it's to the Suns.

This Magic rumor better have no truth to it. I've been a Magic fan, basically since they came into the League. Would they really dismantle achampionship-caliber team and drop a deuce on the loyal fans. Losing to the Lakers hurt. Don't add to the pain.

I think these GMs think they playing NBA Live in franchise mode...

Vince is not motivated.

You put him on the Lakers now, and he won't be motivated (especially on the defensive end).

Dude plays like he's just happy to get a check.

As usual, Rod Thorn is doing his damn thing.

Orlando on the other hand...
eyes.gif

Lee is a gem. Let's not forget about all the "small school" talk about him in last year's draft.

He's the only dude outside Howard willing to stick his nose in defensively.

Chemistry man. Chemistry....

Back
Top Bottom