:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Ya'll giving Lee a little bit too much Credit...

He ain't THAT nice. Sure...he can D up a bit but when it's time to defend "those guys" (Lebron, Kobe, etc.) he's going to get murdered anyway.
Along with the 99.9% of the rest of the League.

.01% being Ron Artest.

laugh.gif

Reality check.

And dude was just a rookie... An overachieving one at that as proven.
That's my point...

So if they stand to lose Hedo for nothing...why stand pat and not make a move.

Keep a dude that plays great D except against the two guys who likely stand in your way for a championship? If they lose Hedo...what's going to be moreimportant...trying to recoup that offensive output...or having Lee playing great D against the 2nd and 3rd rate 2 guards in the league?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why do the magic need to win RIGHT NOW tho? its a young @#+ team they ant in win right now mode
i agree they are young. But if given a chance who wouldnt take shots at getting a championship now rather than waiting. But if it dont work outthis season with vc, it will have been a huge mistake. I really don't agree with it myself.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Ya'll giving Lee a little bit too much Credit...

He ain't THAT nice. Sure...he can D up a bit but when it's time to defend "those guys" (Lebron, Kobe, etc.) he's going to get murdered anyway. If they're trying to win RIGHT now. They've got a better chance with Vince next year than Lee @ the 2.

I'm saying though, do they really need Vince's scoring more than Lee's defense? Especially if they get Turk back, there's really no need for VC. If anything they should solidfy their chances of getting Hedo back, then seeing what they have left. Lee still will end up being a good player in the league. Orlando acting like they have to win in a year or two or they have to rebuild. They still have a pretty young team or not as old as some other championship caliber teams.

If they do trade, I think it would be accepting the fact that Hedo's not returning.

laugh.gif
at the lovefest with lee dude will just be another above average player when its all said and done. carter is better both offensively and defensively andplus the magic are trying to win right now.

If Magic get Carter, screw paying Hedo 10+ mill a year, they can try and sign Sheed for cheap.

Jameer
Carter
Lewis
Sheed
Howard

tell me that isnt a disgusting lineup. You got great defensive front court with Sheed and Howard and still get some 3pt shooting from Sheed as well so dontlose too much with Hedo gone.

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

laugh.gif
at the lovefest with lee dude will just be another above average player when its all said and done. carter is better both offensively and defensively and plus the magic are trying to win right now.

Whoa brother, take it easy there. Let's sit down for a sec, talk this over.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

laugh.gif
at the lovefest with lee dude will just be another above average player when its all said and done. carter is better both offensively and defensively and plus the magic are trying to win right now.
VC and defense in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

Um, Vince played extremely well for us last season.

He wants to stay in Jersey as well.

I hate to tell everyone, if he was home, he would play just like he did in Jersey. 20, 5, 5.

I think we can get past this VC crap already.

VC is beter on defense then Lee? @#!@@ plz VC cant guard a chair. if it wasnt for lee the magic would of never got out of the 1st round. he has talent on bothends of the court and is only getting better

why trade for a kool-aid heart pumping bum in VC who is over the hill, doesnt play D and will kill your shot and bringing back hedo?

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

If Magic get Carter, screw paying Hedo 10+ mill a year, they can try and sign Sheed for cheap.

Jameer
Carter
Lewis
Sheed
Howard

tell me that isnt a disgusting lineup. You got great defensive front court with Sheed and Howard and still get some 3pt shooting from Sheed as well so dont lose too much with Hedo gone.
I don't see Sheed working in Orlando, not with Stan Van Gundy

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why do the magic need to win RIGHT NOW tho? its a young @#+ team they ant in win right now mode
They're a top 5 team.

Why would the runner-up in the Finals want to wait to win?
It's not so easy to continually go back to the Finals. If they're close now, you gotta push to get the Championship...No gaurantee, even with young players, they go back even once in the next 5 years.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

i just got word the trade is official for VC to the Magic
You got word?

Even if it is going down we won't know until the draft starts...There is a trade freeze until 7 ET.

Ill admit. I dont watch Vince much so I dont know what he will offer on the defensive end. We all know he can score, but does Orlando need all that scoring? ifhe comes in then:

Nelson
Vince
Pietrus (?)
Lewis
Dwight

Lee gone, Turk most likely gone. Thin bench. Ehh.

Lee, if anything, is underrated. You have to remember he's still a rookie. He has plenty of time to improve. I think he's one of those guys every teamneeds to win a chip. Im not saying Lee is the main key for Orlando to win though. Look at the Spurs and Bowen.

Suns Could Flip Wallace To Hornets For Chandler

Jun 25, 2009 4:32 PM EST
While there is no truth to the possibility of Amare Stoudemire being moved to Houston in a package for Tracy McGrady, Ben Wallace could be flipped to NewOrleans for Tyson Chandler.

Wallace is an expiring $14 million contract that could also provide the Suns more immediate financial relief with a buyout (although he would still count as a$14 million salary for luxury tax purposes). Chandler's contract goes into the 2010-11 season at about $13 million.

Back
Top Bottom