:: Official 2009 NBA Draft Thread ::

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

After really evaluating Thabeet, I'm starting to think that he might not be that bad of a pick. I really wouldn't mind grabbing him if Memphis gets a good PF to play beside him. He will definitely add depth to our frontcourt. I still want Evans though somehow in the draft. If Memphis could come out with Evans and Thabeet, I'll be
eek.gif
. Just drafting Thabeet, I would be content. Still have hopes for Rubio as well.
It's crucial that Memphis gets a 4 though. This is why Thabeet would be absolutely perfect for Minnesota.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

i just got word the trade is official for VC to the Magic
You got word?

Even if it is going down we won't know until the draft starts...There is a trade freeze until 7 ET.

like i said...

After the Nets did that trade, it seem like they looking to unload all of their big contracts INCLUDING Harris. Maybe that three way is true.

They will have a young core of Rubio, Lee, 11th pick, Lopez heading into the 2010 off-season.

It's crucial that Memphis gets a 4 though. This is why Thabeet would be absolutely perfect for Minnesota.
Exactly. People keep assuming that Gasol can play the 4, so what's the point of drafting Thabeet? Unless we plan on going hard at Boozer oranother major PF who can score, there's no point in taking him. I would love a frontline rotation of Boozer / Thabeet / Gasol. The question is, if Memphistakes Thabeet are they making a big FA splash and throw money at a guy like Boozer? His agent already has contacted Memphis.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

This draft is vastly underrated imo.

QTF. I like this draft
It's just light at the top, IMO...

If you're in the back half of the first round, you're still looking at about the same level of talent as you're looking at most years...

There just aren't guys at the top that project as legitimate, sure-fire all stars...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

This draft is vastly underrated imo.

QTF. I like this draft
It's just light at the top, IMO...

If you're in the back half of the first round, you're still looking at about the same level of talent as you're looking at most years...

There just aren't guys at the top that project as legitimate, sure-fire all stars...
I think this thing flat out sucks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

When someone tells you to go onto another page and look at something, and they follow it with a
sick.gif

Don't ever do it.

If they tell you to go check something, and follow it with either a
devil.gif
or a
eek.gif
or maybe a
pimp.gif

Hurry the hell up and get there.

laugh.gif

i was curious
embarassed.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

(on the subject of this gif, search 'yay' on tinypic and see what was on the same page
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
) .
WHY DID I DO THAT
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

When someone tells you to go onto another page and look at something, and they follow it with a
sick.gif

Don't ever do it.

devil.gif
or a
eek.gif
or maybe a
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

sick.gif

Don't ever do it.

devil.gif
or a
eek.gif
or maybe a
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

2cb35340ba54a5e71bbf521694d2e6d0f7717c5.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

(on the subject of this gif, search 'yay' on tinypic and see what was on the same page
eek.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
) .

Spoiler [+]
ce3150bdae125d96a5df75c3b69ee0cb7a4fe3d.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im excited

hope the pacers and jazz have a great nite! LETS GET IT!

EARL CLARK PLEASE

ncb_u_clark2_400.jpg

SAY NO TO TYLER HANSBROUGH!

Right now it appears that Oklahoma City is leaning towards picking Rubio and keeping him as a trading chip to potentially use this summer. A few sources we spoke with mentioned that they still expect Rubio to end up in New York when it's all said and done.

Oklahoma City is also active in trade talk with
Phoenix, with their main target appearing to be Robin Lopez. They are reportedly offering Phoenix their 2010 unprotected pick back in return for Lopez, but that seems like a very high price for the Suns to pay.

Sacramento seems to be leaning towards Tyreke Evans from what we're hearing, and may have even told him as much.

If Minnesota keeps the pick, it looks very likely that they will take Jonny Flynn with one of those picks, with the other pick likely being used on James Harden. Some people think that DeMar DeRozan could be a target, but that seems far-fetched.

That would leave Golden State with an interesting dilemma at 7-take Jordan Hill or Stephen Curry? It seems like they would lean towards Hill, although this is a tough one to call.

At #8, we might see the unfathomable happen-Stephen Curry available to the Knicks? That would really make for an unforgettable moment in the Garden. Gerald Henderson also appears to be a target here.

Getting Curry, plus Rubio for Lee would be incredible

What do you think the Mavs will do, I dont think Anotine Wright deserves to start...get another SG or SF!

They better get more for Rubio then that

and Evans at 4 has to be made.

Flynn going as early as 5 is amazing.

Dre if someone does that to us they deserve to be perma banned.
laugh.gif

This has been one crazy friggin day. I'm exhausted already and it's on 3 o clock. (trades, draft, MJ, Farrah)
smh.gif

This has been one crazy friggin day. I'm exhausted already and it's on 3 o clock. (trades, draft, MJ, Farrah)
smh.gif
man my head is spinnin right now

If Minnesota keeps the pick, it looks very likely that they will take Jonny Flynn with one of those picks, with the other pick likely being used on James Harden.
No complaints here. That's an electrifying back court right there. Team might be exciting...oohhhhh...I'm excited now!

b861644f64dfc4bc738907f67ce56bb6496e35ae.pjpg

why would anyone buy this?
sick.gif

minny is in such great shape heading into this draft.

fantastic player to build around in jefferson and a lot of incoming young talent.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Wow following this draft I've just heard Michael Jackson has died. WOW.

yea i just caught word during a draft discussion on another site. RIP. Draft is gonna be intense

CRAZY DAY.

MJ dies
VC to Magics
Shaq to Cavs

..AND the draft didnt even start yet.

Back
Top Bottom