Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

who you guys think will draft brandon jennings I think dude will be a surprise
I have him going 10 in my Mock.
yeah I think dude is>>>rubio

but I think he will fall late and the hawks need to capitalize
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

THABEET OK WITH MEMPHIS: Memphis has locked in on center Hasheem Thabeet at No. 2, according to league sources. And Thabeet says he has no problem with that. Rumors that Thabeet wanted no part of Memphis surfaced after he canceled a workout with the Grizzlies over the weekend. But Thabeet said in addition to suffering from a right shoulder injury, he needed to be in New York to renew his visa, which had expired when he left UConn.

"I think it could be a great opportunity," he said of playing for Memphis.

Thabeet is arguably the draft's biggest wild card. At 22, and with only seven years of basketball experience under his belt, Thabeet has all the tools to become a Mutombo-type shot-blocking presence. But will he contribute much on the other end? Thabeet said he has spent the last two months working almost entirely on offensive drills, specifically left- and right-handed hook shots and 10-foot jump shots.

"I want to be able to score consistently," Thabeet said.

"He's capable of doing that," said Scott Roth, a former NBA assistant coach with Dallas and Memphis who has been working with Thabeet.

Roth has been putting Thabeet through two-a-day drills focused on developing his offensive game. Under Roth's watchful eye, and with former NBA center Sean Rooks there to defend him, Thabeet has worked diligently to fine-tune his offensive game.

"The biggest thing with him is building his confidence," Roth said. "When I first got him, I thought he was just another big guy who just stood in front of the rim and took dump-offs. But he's really skilled. He's like a blank canvas. I think eventually he is going to have some really good offensive moves. I think he is going to have a jump hook over his left shoulder, a nice turnaround jump shot and what I call the 'Tim Duncan catch-and-shoot' off the box. He's got a lot of upside." -- Chris Mannix
At least he's trying to become a better offensive player.

Magic selling high
roll.gif

good move. Kids is alright, but is, and always will be a role player.

Trade chandler and 8 move up to take Rubio, take DaJuan at 29
pimp.gif

And I think the Magic will still sign Hedo b/c the owner said he was willing to go above and pay the luxury tax to keep the team together for this"Window"

Originally Posted by dreClark

And I think the Magic will still sign Hedo b/c the owner said he was willing to go above and pay the luxury tax to keep the team together for this "Window"
They would probably be the highest payroll in the league if they kept Hedo

IF they re-sign Hedo, there isn't a better top 6 in the league.

If Hedo walks, I think they take a step down.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by dreClark

And I think the Magic will still sign Hedo b/c the owner said he was willing to go above and pay the luxury tax to keep the team together for this "Window"
They would probably be the highest payroll in the league if they kept Hedo
Yeah.

But,

Chief operating officer Alex Martins said the team is prepared to go over the luxury tax for the first time in its history, perhaps giving the Magic the space they need to re-sign the soon-to-be free agent Turkoglu and remain a contender to return to the NBA finals.

"The luxury tax won't be a hindrance," Martins said.

So it wasn't the owner like I thought.

But still.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i must say, i'm warming up to the idea of curry to the wolves
pimp.gif
I am too. Not sure why. Just seems like he could really work out for them.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
not only that, at the very least he is the best shooter in the draft. At the very most he grows some more like doctors say he will, and becomesReggie 2.0
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

This draft is vastly underrated imo.

QTF. I like this draft

Word. My take is that over the long haul more people from this draft will LAST in the league longer than most other draft classes. They just won't havethose huge "superstar" top tier types.

You'll get a few goodies, but for the most part this draft is full of essential long-term role players.

I liked what I saw of the Magic this year. Question though which line up looks better?

Nelson, Carter, Turk, Lewis, Howard or Nelson Carter, Lewis, Wallace (Rasheed), Howard?

Only issue is Lewis is not a 4.

After really evaluating Thabeet, I'm starting to think that he might not be that bad of a pick. I really wouldn't mind grabbing him if Memphis gets agood PF to play beside him. He will definitely add depth to our frontcourt. I still want Evans though somehow in the draft. If Memphis could come out withEvans and Thabeet, I'll be
eek.gif
. Just drafting Thabeet, I would becontent. Still have hopes for Rubio as well.

When someone tells you to go onto another page and look at something, and they follow it with a
sick.gif

Don't ever do it.

If they tell you to go check something, and follow it with either a
devil.gif
ora
eek.gif
or maybe a
pimp.gif

Hurry the hell up and get there.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom