[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Im probably the only one on this board to say this but if the, yanks win the first game which i think they will, its a sweep. Yanks have a better offense,better bullpen and much better pitching staff. The only reliable pitcher with the phils is lee and that's it. I say yanks in 4. The angels had a muchbetter starting rotation than the phils. And the yanks didnt hit that much besides arod. But this series, the yanks will have a lot of excercise rounding thebases. Other than game one, every other game is a blowout.

Originally Posted by dollerrmenu

Im probably the only one on this board to say this but if the, yanks win the first game which i think they will, its a sweep. Yanks have a better offense, better bullpen and much better pitching staff. The only reliable pitcher with the phils is lee and that's it. I say yanks in 4. The angels had a much better starting rotation than the phils. And the yanks didnt hit that much besides arod. But this series, the yanks will have a lot of excercise rounding the bases. Other than game one, every other game is a blowout.
eh i dont buy it. that Phillies lineup is way better than the angels and the yankee middle bullpen is not cutting it right now. I agree thePhillies rotation is alot weaker than the Yanks, but this is the World Series...games are tighter and closer. Even if Pedro gets hit around I think AJ probablydoes to. I expect close games and my prediction is Yanks in 6.

[h2]Yankees add Bruney, Hinske[/h2]

Comment Email Print Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The Yankees have made two roster changes for the World Series, adding right-handed reliever Brian Bruney and utilityman Eric Hinske.

[h4]WORLD SERIES: PHILLIES VS. YANKEES[/h4]
Complete coverage of the Phillies-Yankees matchup. More

Pinch-runner Freddy Guzman and catcher Francisco Cervelli were dropped Wednesday.

Bruney was 5-0 with a 3.92 ERA in 44 regular-season appearances. He was not active for the first two rounds of the playoffs and has not pitched in a game since Oct. 2.

Hinske, acquired from Pittsburgh on June 30, was on the roster for the division series against Minnesota but did not appear.

Hinske pinch hit for Tampa Bay in Game 4 of last year's World Series and homered off the Phillies' Joe Blanton. He also pinch hit in Game 5, striking out against Brad Lidge with a runner on second for the final out in Philadelphia's 4-3 win, which completed a five-game Series victory.

Originally Posted by iM COOL C

yo this weather need to get better man...
was just gonna ask how its looking up there for tonight
nerd.gif

still don't get why manuel split his lefties on the road...even sports talk radio is talking about that today

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Haters EVERYWHERE. So what if we played the Rays. A ring is a ring. This year, the Phils are set out to prove last year wasn't a fluke. It Ain't Luck.

Look at your lineup? Look at our lineup. Announcers and analysts have been saying all throughout the Postseason that the Phillies have the toughest lineup to go through.

J-roll promised a victory this year and he has yet to fail to deliever on his promises recently...

And this:
http://www.thefightins.co...victorino-new-york-post/

Has got to fire up Shane. How is a corny, bum newspaper going do something like this.
#1 you don't have a tougher lineup than us.

#2 if you read my post either in here or anywhere, I've always said only good things about the Phillies.

And now we go by what announcers say?
laugh.gif
Announcers said we would be 3rd in the East, then we made it. Announcers said we couldn't get passed the Angels, we did it. Announcers said CC and A-Rod were gonna suck as usual, they didn't. What's your point?

So just cause J-Roll promises another title, that means you got it locked down now?
laugh.gif
Let's believe everything athletes promise us now. That's the way to go about your day, champ.
grin.gif

Here's a promise for you. If we win the WS, I'll teach you how to post pics.
qft

Originally Posted by zwchris

Originally Posted by SCuse7

BTW anyone buy tickets for any games in the stadium...?

Looking at game 6 tickets right now...how does StubHub work though? If theres no game 6 and I buy the tickets, what happens?
nerd.gif
You get a full refund. Save your $, the Phils won't need a 6th game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ANYONE USING STUBHUB. MAKE SURE YOU USE BING CASHBACK ... 25%!!!!

Go to Bing.com. Search 'stubhub'. The first advertisement should give you a link for 25% cashback. Make sure you have your adblocker turned off.

I'm glad the Yanks added Hinske. One fast runner (Gardner) off the bench is enough. We need to have that power bat available off the bench.

I'm trying to save my posts for tonight.

I think we all should. Unfortunately, i don't have a back up SN, so I have to stick with this one.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I'm glad the Yanks added Hinske. One fast runner (Gardner) off the bench is enough. We need to have that power bat available off the bench.
definitely a smart move against the phillies

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

agreed i wanted this move done a couple days ago, I guess Brian Cashman heard my suggestion on my show...good looks Cash

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

agreed i wanted this move done a couple days ago, I guess Brian Cashman heard my suggestion on my show...good looks Cash
Good move by Girardi. This should be a slugfest type series.

But DS you might have to calm down on the posting. otherwise you may get accused of secretly loving the Yankees because you are posting in the only baseballthread open right now. And god forbid you actually watch the game and post during it. But definitly a good move to bring Hinske on for this series.

don't act like it's for no reason. They are mostly classless people. even it's always sunny in philadelphia had a whole episode last week detailing how dumb and reckless they are
laugh.gif

you know the type to boo a little girl, hope mcnabb gets injured so a dog killer fresh out the clink can lead them to the promised land, cheer when a player is injured motionless....
It is for no reason cause I didn't know that Philly ran a monopoly of stuff like this. This happens in every city it just isn't mentionedas much thats why I say cats are hating for no reason. If this only happened in Philly or it happened mainly in Philly I would 10000% agree with you andeverybody else. It doesn't but I will be the first to say that of course there are clowns here that give the city a bad name but if you lived here like Ido you would know thats not the case cause most fans just like anywhere else are cool people that want to see their teams win. Perfect example I'm a Boysfan and have never caught no stuff outside of friendly trash with Eagles fans and I'm at the game every year when they come to Philly.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

picture-121.jpg

mad.gif
How did I not see these on trains? FML

Cause you ride the G

What trains was it on? First time I'm seeing it.
Those are old, I've seen those posters for many months now...As for the Train...it looks like it could be the A train..But i know the G, R, Vtrains are similar ( I think the F also)

Originally Posted by sinser13

hopefully Arod finally gets a ring

Deserves it how?

If you said Jeter, I would've understood.

The only ring A-Rod has is that red ring around the injection area on his backside.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

don't act like it's for no reason. They are mostly classless people. even it's always sunny in philadelphia had a whole episode last week detailing how dumb and reckless they are
laugh.gif

you know the type to boo a little girl, hope mcnabb gets injured so a dog killer fresh out the clink can lead them to the promised land, cheer when a player is injured motionless....
It is for no reason cause I didn't know that Philly ran a monopoly of stuff like this. This happens in every city it just isn't mentioned as much thats why I say cats are hating for no reason. If this only happened in Philly or it happened mainly in Philly I would 10000% agree with you and everybody else. It doesn't but I will be the first to say that of course there are clowns here that give the city a bad name but if you lived here like I do you would know thats not the case cause most fans just like anywhere else are cool people that want to see their teams win. Perfect example I'm a Boys fan and have never caught no stuff outside of friendly trash with Eagles fans and I'm at the game every year when they come to Philly.

Its a North East thing, not a Philly thing specifically.

Back
Top Bottom