OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

the caps need to move someone ... they are horrible ... absolutely horrible ...
I was at the game....yeah they lost, but I'm not mad.  They were crashing the net and had plenty of good chances.  This was honestly the best they've played over the past 4-5 games (save the first two periods vs. the Leafs).  Semin's penalty was the difference....don't know what he was thinking, but a 5 minute PP was a *$@!%.  Anyways...the puck will start to go in eventually....no need to panic just yet.  Still a lot of hockey yet to be played, and it's early enough in the season where some of these mistakes can be corrected.  Better to go through your rough patch now, rather than in the playoffs. 

*Mauldin
pimp.gif

I'm sick of you being so damn positive doublejs lol ... Face it, they are garbage ... Teams have figured out how to take away Ovechkin and we don't have any otherplayers who come up big in the clutch ... Backstrom is damn good but he's to +*++*!# tentative all the time ... Semin is a +*++*!# ghost against any good team ...

I love some of the players we have ... hendricks and hannan are two of the best we have on the team, but something needs to happen ... Neuvirth and varlamov are overrated as can be ... Alzner needs to get sent down to Hershey ... Fahey is not a NHL player ... Fehr is slow as balls ...

I can't stand watching these bums anymore ... Reminds me of the caps pre rock the red ... Smh

Wings - Devils was over in the first :48. I figured Marty would be a little rusty, but damn. Now it's time to give the Kings a little payback.

I'm sick of you being so damn positive doublejs lol ... Face it, they are garbage ... Teams have figured out how to take away Ovechkin and we don't have any otherplayers who come up big in the clutch ... Backstrom is damn good but he's to +*++*!# tentative all the time ... Semin is a +*++*!# ghost against any good team ...

I love some of the players we have ... hendricks and hannan are two of the best we have on the team, but something needs to happen ... Neuvirth and varlamov are overrated as can be ... Alzner needs to get sent down to Hershey ... Fahey is not a NHL player ... Fehr is slow as balls ...

I can't stand watching these bums anymore ... Reminds me of the caps pre rock the red ... Smh
U didn't even watch the caps, pre-rock the red....
laugh.gif
  Stop playing. 

Our goalies are the LEAST of the problems....u are nit-picking.  I'm telling you, last night they played well.  Anderson was playing "Halak-like" and came up big when he had to.  Caps were missing a few of their guys and guys were playing sick, but that's not an excuse....If I'm Boudreau, I'm moving Ovechkin from LW to RW and putting Semin on the point (with Green) on the PP.  Our players are fine...they just need to make adjustments with some of the line-ups etc....

*As far as Alzner, he's been good....I don't know what YOU were expecting with the guy, but he's not going to be a player making big hits, scoring a lot of goals, etc....he's a smart positional player, and that was his M.O. from the time he got drafted out of Calgary....I'm not sure if you even paid attention to the game, but Alzner/Carlson were our BEST defensive pairing and played a TON of minutes.

Be patient....like I said earlier, it's better to go through these bumps in the road now, rather than when the 2nd season rolls around.  Still a lot of time to correct their mistakes. 

Originally Posted by Solemate96

What a heartbreaker game against The Flyers tonight.

It was deja vu all over again. 
frown.gif
yeah that was bad. we were lucky to steal a point tho imo. thomas was huge all night. offensively we had plenty of chances, but were shooting wide or really soft.

mark recchi...dude has been awful. it might be THAT time for the old man...

Caps getting their $+*$% kicked, but Ovechkin just dropped the gloves....
pimp.gif

THAT is what you need your captain to do.....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

U didn't even watch the caps, pre-rock the red....
laugh.gif
  Stop playing. 

Our goalies are the LEAST of the problems....u are nit-picking.  I'm telling you, last night they played well.  Anderson was playing "Halak-like" and came up big when he had to.  Caps were missing a few of their guys and guys were playing sick, but that's not an excuse....If I'm Boudreau, I'm moving Ovechkin from LW to RW and putting Semin on the point (with Green) on the PP.  Our players are fine...they just need to make adjustments with some of the line-ups etc....

*As far as Alzner, he's been good....I don't know what YOU were expecting with the guy, but he's not going to be a player making big hits, scoring a lot of goals, etc....he's a smart positional player, and that was his M.O. from the time he got drafted out of Calgary....I'm not sure if you even paid attention to the game, but Alzner/Carlson were our BEST defensive pairing and played a TON of minutes.

Be patient....like I said earlier, it's better to go through these bumps in the road now, rather than when the 2nd season rolls around.  Still a lot of time to correct their mistakes. 

man whatever i damn sure had flashbacks when i saw konawalchuk coaching the avs last night
laugh.gif
... i had a bondra jersey and still have my ticket when the penguins came to town to play jagr for the first time since he left ...

goalies the least of our problems? i just watched varly give up 3 goals he shouldnt have ...

Alzner sucks ... what did i expect? how about the baility to clear the **%$+%+ puck ... he did it again tonight at the blue line and turned it over, rewind your game it was in the 1st period ... i dont want him to score, i dont want him to hit, i want him to play defense and clear the puck once in a while ...

youre talking about the second season like we should be looking forward to it ... at this rate the penguins are gonna rolls us in the first round like it was a bye week ... fancy curl and drags and *%%! how about we *#*!@! put the puck in the net ... bums ...

that was one of the most embarrassing games i've ever watched ... not only did the caps get shutout 7-0, but they lost every one of the 8 fights they were in ... that was a joke ... absolutely disgusting ... bruce needs to get the axe ... see ya, ya bum ...

Win streak and points streak extended last night, Kid is going for the Hart this year, no doubt and has to be an early favorite

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Win streak and points streak extended last night, Kid is going for the Hart this year, no doubt and has to be an early favorite
They should just give him the hardware now...
laugh.gif

Dude is on another level....

Cindy's career is a movie so far ... smh

Money, what will Sid have to do for you to call him by his actual name? Another Cup? MVP? Just curious...

Money, what will Sid have to do for you to call him by his actual name? Another Cup? MVP? Just curious...
It has nothing to do with his accomplishments ... It has everything to do with his demeanor, femininity and style of play ...

dmxfury wrote:
Cindy's career is a movie so far ... smh

I could feel the hate transcend through your keyboard as you typed that
laugh.gif

Haven't been here in ages, too busy with work and school. Crosby is aiming for the Hart with the way he is terrorizing competition. What's even more surprising is he's doing without Gino & Staal. Everyone is involved and has raised their level of play tremendously. The winning streak and the point streak is awesome, but what has me relieved is Flower getting his confidence back. 

Not sure who caught this last night...

(Note: Koivu shoots left-handed, and Ryan shoots righty.)

It has everything to do with his demeanor, femininity and style of play ...

laugh.gif
, fair enough, though you have to admit that he has definitely matured over the years and isn't nearly the "cry baby" that he used to be and is much more well rounded player

laugh.gif
, fair enough, though you have to admit that he has definitely matured over the years and isn't nearly the "cry baby" that he used to be and is much more well rounded player

Are you kidding me? I hate Crosby because he scored that ot goal vs USA but his demeanor? femininity? style of play? What are you saying? What language are you speaking? The kid plays the game with so much heart, he even drops his gloves of late. Sure he might have some cheap shots but everyone does. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and if I have a captain that is exactly how I want him to play. Everyone that calls him a cry baby is soooooo salty. I live in NY so you know how much of that I hear and it pisses me off so much.

Originally Posted by Numberr97

laugh.gif
Are you kidding me? I hate Crosby because he scored that ot goal vs USA but his demeanor? femininity? style of play? What are you saying? What language are you speaking? The kid plays the game with so much heart, he even drops his gloves of late. Sure he might have some cheap shots but everyone does. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and if I have a captain that is exactly how I want him to play. Everyone that calls him a cry baby is soooooo salty. I live in NY so you know how much of that I hear and it pisses me off so much.

There's no denying that Crosbot is a great player. He is a once in a generation talent. But that doesn't make him less of a pansy. Personally, I've never seen a player by the box between whistles begging for calls as much as Crosbot does.

The litmus test for me is this (Let me preface by saying I live, and have lived in Canada for most of my life): Every guy I know (or at least a strong majority) that plays puck, and understands the game detests Crosby for the reasons cited above. Every girl I know, or guy who has never played the game, loves Crosby. (Mind you, the feelings of the former disappeared for about a day when Crosby scored the "golden goal.")

Back
Top Bottom