OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

T.B., at least you can give reasons and have some legitimate arguments for not liking Sid. I just hate the random "fan" (if you can call him/her that) that just loves to yell "CINDY SUCKS" at you when you wear a Pens shirt, and continue to do so even if he has a goal and two assists in the game. Just stupid (and probably what ATFK is referring to)

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

some people hate Crosby just because its the cool thing to do... I don't necessarily "hate" him but I don't like him very much either. 
pretty much sums up how i feel. definitely respect his game, but just not a fan

51 saves by Quick, 5-0 kings at the Joe. Hopefuly they're back on track for good after that slump. I'm eager to see how sturm fits in too.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

some people hate Crosby just because its the cool thing to do... I don't necessarily "hate" him but I don't like him very much either. 
pretty much sums up how i feel. definitely respect his game, but just not a fan
I'm in the same boat as ATFK & DSA....he's an AMAZING player, and he's proving (in 2010) that he's the best player in the world.  I don't like the whining and cheap play that he does get away with from time to time.  Like Gretzky and Lemieux, Crosby has an uncanny hockey sense.  The puck ALWAYS seems to find him.  He's on an absolute tear right now, and this is bad news for the rest of the East.  I just hope the Pens peak early
laugh.gif

ive noticed that some people pick one of sid or ovy and love one, hate the other

i for one dont like either all that much
laugh.gif

ive eased up on my disliking of either recently though

anyways, rolston on waivers in jersey as per mckenzie

Originally Posted by Physicx

ive noticed that some people pick one of sid or ovy and love one, hate the other

i for one dont like either all that much
laugh.gif
Agreed.

They are perfect foils, and for that reason, comparisons are easy. I think that is why they both receive so much criticism from fans. For instance, Crosby's game is absent of any sort of physical meanness (at least in the traditional sense). Who is physical? Ovechkin. Conversely, Ovechkin is high-energy, and at times, flamboyant, while Crosby is reserved and soft-spoken. The closest sports analogy I can think of is Bird and Magic.

If one were far and away better than the other I don't think they would face the same sort of flack.

pixel.gif

Evgeni Nabokov has been released from his KHL contract with SKA St. Petersburg because of what the team is calling "family circumstances".

Nabokov posted an 8-8-5 in 22 games this season, with an .888 save percentage and a 3.02 goals-against average.
LOL

It was the same way when Gretzky played. I am not sure how old most of you are in here, but I used to hear all of the same trash talk about Wayne. Anyone remember making Gretzky bleed on EA's NHL?
laugh.gif

Kings came into our house and ate, drank and took a fat +$$@ on our living room floor. 
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by Solemate96

What a heartbreaker game against The Flyers tonight.

It was deja vu all over again. 
frown.gif
yeah that was bad. we were lucky to steal a point tho imo. thomas was huge all night. offensively we had plenty of chances, but were shooting wide or really soft.

mark recchi...dude has been awful. it might be THAT time for the old man...
True. It could be time for him to go but the whole team hasn't really lived up to my expectations as of late. They win a few games here and there and then they lose 3 straight. It's annoying. 
The only person I think is consistent is Lucic and maybe Krejci once he is little bit better from the concussion. 

Kampfer is looking like the offensive defenseman we need to move the puck. I hate when Chara brings the puck up to the neutral zone and then starts to hesitate with it. He doesn't know when to dump the puck, pass the puck or just take the puck himself. It sickens me! 
mad.gif
mad.gif

I don't think its the cool thing to do, I just can't stand the fact that he makes that crybaby face and hi on ice demeanor is less than admirable. I don't mind a guy lobbying, hell it happens every stoppage and he has the right to do so as the C. What I can't stand is his constant cheap shots on Datyuk. He can try it again this year but Pavel has had enough of the Canadiens trying to "bully" the "nice guy". Ask Corey Pherry

The Wings seem to play one bad game and when its bad, its BAD. That was the Kings game. Problem is, its happened 3 times in the past month. Just need to win the next 2 for sure against STL and Chi.

Ericsson has been such a great surprise. Horrible season last year and has shown to be back to 2 seasons ago form. Still only 26 so his prime should be coming soon. Hes also at a +5

Just looking at stats: Lidstrom is +435 in his career and has 475 penalty minutes. I thought it would be somewhat close but that is too funny.

Good to see Malkin back doing his thing, bad to see the streak end.  Oh well, nice while it lasted
Anyone remember making Gretzky bleed on EA's NHL?
laugh.gif

NHL94 on Genesis, one of the greatest games EVER
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by True Blues

just a heads up... Mitchell & Ness jerseys are 40% off today.
So friggin' tempting.

I know... I'm contemplating getting a Bobby Orr.
my neely came in a week ago...it's so
pimp.gif

the orr is pretty damn sweet

Originally Posted by Newbs24

The Wings seem to play one bad game and when its bad, its BAD. That was the Kings game. Problem is, its happened 3 times in the past month. Just need to win the next 2 for sure against STL and Chi.  
Yes they do.

As per all HBO sports productions, 24/7 was very interesting. Really enjoyed the unmitigated access to the practices, and dressing rooms.

But wow, can Boudreau ever cuss.

Back
Top Bottom