OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

jonas hiller's mask
pimp.gif

they better be FIRED up tomorrow night...i don't want to see this flat $%# bullcrap style of play

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

they better be FIRED up tomorrow night...i don't want to see this flat $%# bullcrap style of play

I just have a gut feeling that if The B's go on a 3-4 game losing streak, Claude is going to get fired.

The lines have already been changed and if there's no kind of production or heart played in these upcoming weeks. There will be a change.

Like Felger says, "flour's in the cake".
laugh.gif

i will be in attendance tonight ... it is going DOWN at Verizon center ... i'll try to sneak my Cindy NT sign in ...

excited to see how the bruins come out tonight. i think its safe to say that if they can't get up for this game after the past couple of days that a major change needs to happen. the pats are 12-2, the celts are on fire, the sox are poised to do serious work...and the talk of the town is what the eff is wrong with the bruins. fans have been critical, neely has been critical, the coach has finally showed some sense of concern, the lines have been switched, and intense practices have led to some fights (in a positive way)...so im excited to see how they respond against a pretty damn good thrashers team tonight.

the lines they're going with tonight are exactly the lines i wanted to see, but i understand savy's late start has delayed it.

lucic-savard-horton (savy and lucic had SERIOUS chemistry back in the kessel days)
wheeler-krejci-ryder (this line was amazing two years ago)
seguin-bergeron-recchi (perfect place for seguin right now)
marchand/paille-campbell-thornton (no change needed...the most consistent thing aside from goaltending)

i know it's in his contract, but if this team continues to stumble...gotta strip chara of that C

Pens just won 2 by pretty large margins, offense is definitely back on track (Malkin helping that), and Kid's streak at 22 games now with a point. Should hopefully continue in Washington, but these regular season matchups aren't the ones that I can really get hyped about..

i know it's in his contract, but if this team continues to stumble...gotta strip chara of that C

True. However, nobody on this team screams "C". You really think Blake Wheeler would have the balls to stand in the middle of the locker room and say "come on, we need to play better. D-Men, start pinching and join the rush!" I don't think so. I'd rather have Thornton put on the "C" because he's the only that shows heart, grit and passion for this team. It's sad that the enforcer is the one trying to right the ship. CCI.
30t6p3b.gif

The only person I can see is Recchi becoming a captain but I see him leaving sometime soon even though I don't really want him to leave. It's just a gut feeling.

I'd like to see Lucic carry an "A" at least because he's one of the better players on the squad.

^ agreed, there's no one on that team that's really a captain. i think you're right, recchi is probably the only one personality-wise that'd be a good choice. but there just needs to be a shakeup.

btw...i CANNOT stand all these callers calling in and saying milan lucic needs to fight more, like back in the day when he first came up. does he need to be more physical? sure. but fighting? yes, that's what we want, our leading goal scorer breaking his knuckles on someone's chin and sitting for five minute timeouts in the box.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Pens just won 2 by pretty large margins, offense is definitely back on track (Malkin helping that), and Kid's streak at 22 games now with a point. Should hopefully continue in Washington, but these regular season matchups aren't the ones that I can really get hyped about..
I can get plenty hyped about them ... All I want for Christmas is Ovi to drop the gloves with Cindy, somehow, someway ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by dmxfury

I can get plenty hyped about them ... All I want for Christmas is Ovi to drop the gloves with Cindy, somehow, someway ...
laugh.gif
you can expect a lump of coal in that regard

wish i could watch this one

Originally Posted by Solemate96

True. However, nobody on this team screams "C". You really think Blake Wheeler would have the balls to stand in the middle of the locker room and say "come on, we need to play better. D-Men, start pinching and join the rush!" I don't think so. I'd rather have Thornton put on the "C" because he's the only that shows heart, grit and passion for this team. It's sad that the enforcer is the one trying to right the ship. CCI.
30t6p3b.gif

The only person I can see is Recchi becoming a captain but I see him leaving sometime soon even though I don't really want him to leave. It's just a gut feeling.

I'd like to see Lucic carry an "A" at least because he's one of the better players on the squad.
The vocal leader of the Bruins is Recchs.
DeadsetAce wrote:
^ agreed, there's no one on that team that's really a captain. i think you're right, recchi is probably the only one personality-wise that'd be a good choice. but there just needs to be a shakeup.

btw...i CANNOT stand all these callers calling in and saying milan lucic needs to fight more, like back in the day when he first came up. does he need to be more physical? sure. but fighting? yes, that's what we want, our leading goal scorer breaking his knuckles on someone's chin and sitting for five minute timeouts in the box.
Lucic does he need to fight more.

He's my favourite current player, but his skating sucks, and he has no hands. The majority of his goals are around the net, and he's able to bang them in on the backside or while the 'tender is moving. Not to downplay his offensive production because it's fantastic, but he's also playing on a line anchored by a snipe (Horton), and playmaking centres (Berg, Krejc, Savy) that force teams to leave him uncovered. Lucic is most effective when he is physically imposing. This is most notable on the forecheck, where doing so provides both he and his teammates with offensive opportunities. I'd really like to see him throw his body around more, and when the time is right, also throw hands. He's fought twice this season. That's simply not enough for your strongest, and best fighting player-- especially on a team as listless as the Bruins. Do you remember how huge his fights against Komisarek were emotionally 2 and 3 years ago for this team?

To draw the obvious Neely comparison: now is the time he needs to find the balance between finesse and recklessness, scoring and fighting as Cam once did.

Originally Posted by True Blues

DeadsetAce wrote:

Lucic does he need to fight more.

He's my favourite current player, but his skating sucks, and he has no hands. The majority of his goals are around the net, and he's able to bang them in on the backside or while the 'tender is moving. Not to downplay his offensive production because it's fantastic, but he's also playing on a line anchored by a snipe (Horton), and playmaking centres (Berg, Krejc, Savy) that force teams to leave him uncovered. Lucic is most effective when he is physically imposing. This is most notable on the forecheck, where doing so provides both he and his teammates with offensive opportunities. I'd really like to see him throw his body around more, and when the time is right, also throw hands. He's fought twice this season. That's simply not enough for your strongest, and best fighting player-- especially on a team as listless as the Bruins. Do you remember how huge his fights against Komisarek were emotionally 2 and 3 years ago for this team?

To draw the obvious Neely comparison: now is the time he needs to find the balance between finesse and recklessness, scoring and fighting as Cam once did.
agreed to a degree. but back when he was taking down komisarek, he wasn't your leading goal guy. now that in itself is probably an issue, other guys need to step up. but until others step up, he's basically the biggest offensive weapon we have (
frown.gif
) so he needs to be out there. horton has gone ice cold. now lucic throwing his body around and playing more physical, absolutely. definitely needs to do that more. but as far as fighting, if it's going to take him fighting versus a thornton or campbell fighting to get this team fired up emotionally, we're screwed in more ways than one.

and as far as neely...as much as i want him to be, he's not neely. i love both of them, but neely was just something out of this world. i don't think lucic will ever walk that line as well as neely did. it's one or the other with lucic.

This guy re-hired Lemaire AGAIN
laugh.gif

This gets more depressing every day. I can only hope Gingers and Goku are still plugging away. I know ATFK is all smiles
laugh.gif

I do think Lucic does need to be more physical but we just need him to get his teammates fired up. Look at Chris Stewart, your power forward and best player on your squad and he breaks his hand. That's the last thing I want to see Lucic do is seeing a cast on his hand.

Lucic needs to just be a pest and impose his will on other people like True Blues said.

I guess we can get McQuaid to step in. 
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom