OFFICIAL 2010-11 NHL SEASON THREAD ... Regular season has ended. Visit Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Huh?  They won 4 straight before last night's loss.  If this is what it means to be a "train wreck," I'll take it.  Also, as far as Ovechkin....he's not scoring as many goals...however, he's playing a better TEAM game.  He's getting others involved (look at the assists), and guys like Backstrom are picking up the slack w. putting the puck in the net. 

Also, I dunno what you're talking about w. Green....but he's been playing the best hockey of his career.  He's showing his accountablility in the defensive zone.  He's looked more like the 2009 version of Duncan Keith than the Green we're accustomed(sp?) to watching. 

they won 4 straight against some bums ... who was it the hurricanes and the blues? gimme a break ...

Ovechkin isn't playing any type of team game ... most of his assists are either 2nd hand or off rebounds from wild attempts ... and this is coming from an Ovi fanatic ... he is taking chances and getting burnt on defense ... last night alone he let up 3 breakaways because he decided to try and make a play on the puck or cherry pick at the blue line ...

the only positive from Ovechkin in the last 10 games or so is that defenses are so worried about swarming him that backstrom and semin get a few open looks ... it has nothing to do with his "team" game but rather an overplay by the opponents ... i mean yeah it gets it done for the time being but you saw last night what happens when a team gets a goal up on us, they just collapse back and make someone else beat them ...

you comparing mike green to duncan keith is BLASPHEMY ... the only dude i know that winds up for a clear with no one in front of him and manages to hit the only opposing player ... he is basura ... im sick and tired of that bum ... give me another hannan and someone like flash in return for green and i'm celebrating ... 

4 straight against some "bums," but I guess it's legit when they get shut out by the Thrashers, right?  C'mon now...u the same dude crowning the Bruins after 3 games.  There are highs/lows in EVERY NHL season, and the Caps (like every other team) fall into that trend.  You are so accustomed to seeing Ovechkin scoring goals that you are losing sight of the fact that he is playing awesome hockey overall.  I'll take this 10-goal scoring/team-first version of Ovechkin ANY day of the week....On top of it all, Semin is scoring in bunches, Backsrom is doing the same, and they are getting contributions from the 3rd and 4th lines.  BALENCE, my friend...BALENCE.  It's refreshing to see that not everything is on Ovechkin's shoulders.  He realizes it as well.   

And yes, Mike Green is doing a nice 2009 Duncan Keith imitation.  He has looked like a different and more focused player this season.  He has been getting praise all year for his play.  You are letting your bias against him cloud all objectivity when on this topic. 

sp vs maple leasfa = WOOOOO

althought i d stil like a draft apick hihg enought to draft larrson

edit - whoa, wth did i type here
laugh.gif
got drunk after my lab exam this morning, my bad

ive come back down to earth and realized that we've only won like 3 games in a row. we could easily drop 6 straight once we head back west. larsson/couturier is ours baby!

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

the Caps are one big train wreck right now ... Bruce has these lines all jumbled up, Ovechkin is pressing every shift to score a goal and the offense is sputtering ... Hannan looked great last night and is definitely going to help the blue line this year ... we need to make a trade for another impact offensive player ... Mike Green is allergic to clearing the puck out of the zone and i hope we get rid of his sorry self for either an impact o-man or a strictly defensive blue liner ... this tweener stuff is costing us wins ...

which leads me to my next topic, we signed brett flemming to a 3-year deal ... he is an undersized defenseman who thinks about offense too much ... i hope someone in our organization grabs him and adds about 20 pounds of muscle and tells him to stick to defense ...

cindy is going bonkers ... smh

You really need to stop posting in here.

Wings handled the Ducks with ease last night. Couldn't get anything past Howard either. Facing the Kings will be a different task especially it being a back to back game.

so my slow $%% just realized toronto is third to last place overall....possible lottery pick coming again?
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

whaaaaaaa tim thomas
eek.gif

That glove save hoyl !%%!...
eek.gif

Ryder with the post for the 112th time in the last two years.
30t6p3b.gif

Oh well, tough loss, good game overall, I thought. Campbell goal set up by Seguin was nice. Didnt know Soupy could snipe like that.
laugh.gif

that was an amazing save

anyways, TAYLOR +$+$@$% HALL! another ot winner!

edit - gwg, my bad

indifferent.gif

im sorry. timmy's save in OT was nothing short of amazing. BUT. BUT. the tying goal he allowed...how the eff are you that far out of position? i understand the whole concept of coming out to cut down the shooter's angle...but get your @$% back into the crease once the shot flies wide. the best he can do is a spin o rama back into the crease as the puck is rolling out of the net. THAT is why i will never like you. you make some saves that only god himself could make...but jeezus christ, you let in the dumbest god damn goals. not to mention the goal you allowed to kessel in the shootout, where your fat slow @$% made the save and then proceeded to slide back into the goal taking the puck with you. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

overreaction to probably a meaningless december game? most likely. sue me, the bruins and pats are all i have going for me right now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

anyways, TAYLOR $%%%#+! HALL! another ot winner!
yeah...pretty nice. hall is coming along it seems. only saw the highlight. bartender couldn't find the oilers game once the bruins game was done.

not to mention the goal you allowed to kessel in the shootout, where your fat slow @$% made the save and then proceeded to slide back into the goal taking the puck with you. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

When he slammed the cross bar i'm pretty sure he was more mad at finally letting Kessel get a puck in on him rather than giving up a goal in general.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

not to mention the goal you allowed to kessel in the shootout, where your fat slow @$% made the save and then proceeded to slide back into the goal taking the puck with you. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

When he slammed the cross bar i'm pretty sure he was more mad at finally letting Kessel get a puck in on him rather than giving up a goal in general.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
no doubt. i was a little frustrated after that loss

The Sharks flat out embarrassed us last night. We looked unmotivated the entire game and Howard got worked something terrible. I was expecting some sort of bounce back after losing to the Kings in ot. I was watching highlights of the Thrashers/ Predators game and couldn't believe how empty that arena was. Why does Atlanta have a team again?

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

The Sharks flat out embarrassed us last night. We looked unmotivated the entire game and Howard got worked something terrible. I was expecting some sort of bounce back after losing to the Kings in ot. I was watching highlights of the Thrashers/ Predators game and couldn't believe how empty that arena was. Why does Atlanta have a team again?

Why do Nashville and Atlanta have a team period, IMO. 

Nashville has a pretty loyal fan base IMO.

Atlanta has no idea what they're missing. They'll see what a good quality team they have come playoff time.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Nashville has a pretty loyal fan base IMO.

I give them some credit, they have finally started to show their full support this season, as far as attendance, good to see a fan base care and not want their team to relocate. 
Meanwhile, Coyotes, Islanders, BlueJackets and the Thrashers are worst in the attendance. 

Back
Top Bottom