OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

McHale is just ok in the booth, he's far better in the studio.

He and C-Webb have really good chemistry, they seem to genuinely like working together.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I blame this Dallas win on Danny Crawford........
laugh.gif

And on Chris Webber/Kevin McHale, seems like Webber styles his commentating like McHale does. Sounds the same.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

He and C-Webb have really good chemistry, they seem to genuinely like working together.
We can thank David Kahn for uniting the two.

Roy barely touched the court. That bench is non existent so far. Rudy might be dealt before the series is over. Better hope HC helps a lot.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah, C-Webb and McHale were great on Fan Night this season.

Anybody else see inside the nba piece on the thunder and the okc bombings? Westbrook goes on to say he never knew anything about it til he got there...am I tripping or is that odd? The kid is in his twenties right...

I find that odd. The dude is a hero in the city of OKC and he doesn't even know one of the largest events in the states history?

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Anybody else see inside the nba piece on the thunder and the okc bombings? Westbrook goes on to say he never knew anything about it til he got there...am I tripping or is that odd? The kid is in his twenties right...
dude was 7 when it happened..

bombing date: April 19, 1995

westbrook's date of birth: November 12, 1988

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I find that odd. The dude is a hero in the city of OKC and he doesn't even know one of the largest events in the states history?
he said he didn't know til he got to OKC

I think that's really odd.

I'm Canadian, was 6 when it happened, and knew about it growing up. I'm actually amazed he hadn't heard about it.

Your hate toward this dude is so !%@%+!$ childish
laugh.gif
.  Like you really seem to have a vendetta against him, hes a basketball player, these guys jobs are to put a ball into a hoop most of these cats can barely read, who cares if he didn't know about it before he got there?  He's not a political scientist
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You seriously need to hop off.

My opinion of Russ Westbrook is that he's a great, young athlete with the ability to do whatever he wants on the court, but at times has poor shot selection.

If it were Jason Terry or Jason Kidd or Steve Nash that didn't know about it, I'd be giving them a hard time too.

It's like not knowing that 9/11 had happened. It's not as drastic, but it's comparable.

I just don't comprehend how an American can not know about something so important in US History in the past 20 years.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Your hate toward this dude is so !%@%+!$ childish
laugh.gif
.  Like you really seem to have a vendetta against him, hes a basketball player, these guys jobs are to put a ball into a hoop most of these cats can barely read, who cares if he didn't know about it before he got there?  He's not a political scientist
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I guess he's saying that you should at least know some history about the city if your a cornerstone of the franchise. Its not like he was just traded there last year. He's been there for a while and is a player that will be there for a long time (i would think). 

I'm not saying he HAD  to know it, but I don't see exactly why he didn't. I knew about it even though I forgot all about it until they brought it back up.

It's like not knowing that 9/11 had happened. It's not as drastic, but it's comparable.

Come on son. Not even comparable. 9/11 happened in 2001, Russ was probably in Jr. High when that happened. It also affected the Pentagon and NYC, not Oklahoma City. I'm only 21 and I know about the OKC bombings but I would venture to guess that most people around my age don't remember that %$#% I was 5 years old.

If my state was bombed, rest assured I wouldn't know about it, nor care. Hell, I think the rest of country prolly call in sick that day, pretend the whole day never happened.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Come on son. Not even comparable. 9/11 happened in 2001, Russ was probably in Jr. High when that happened. It also affected the Pentagon and NYC, not Oklahoma City. I'm only 21 and I know about the OKC bombings but I would venture to guess that most people around my age don't remember that %$#% I was 5 years old.
Everyone else our age remembers.

Son musta grew up in a bubble.
laugh.gif

If my state was bombed, rest assured I wouldn't know about it, nor care.

You know damn well you'd know about it, care, and write thank you letters to whoever was responsible you lying @%+ hole. You probably gave that would-be Pioneer Square-bomber tips on how to get to California as fast as possible before he, you know, tried to bomb the square and got swooped up by the FBI.

FTR, I'm pretty sure most high schoolers know about the OKC bombing. For Russy to not know is baffling.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Well for my two cents....

The same results sunday will happen tomorrow.

Hornets by 5 and Grizzlies by 8 or so,

HORRIBLE predictions. 

If my state was bombed, rest assured I wouldn't know about it, nor care. Hell, I think the rest of country prolly call in sick that day, pretend the whole day never happened.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this guy lives mad deep away from portland...

Back
Top Bottom