OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

@HPbasketball: Mark Jackson says he will be heavily involved on draft process.

@dannychau: WANTED: Grown man capable of being a knockdown shooter.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Was I wrong to think that Wade would be at least containable in stretches after we did such a great job on Russ and Kobe?

No, get the hell out of here and quit trying to act like I said we'd shut Wade down.

you did imply that he was gonna do a good job on him because of kobe and westbrook.

you shoulda listened to me. it had a helluva alot more to do with the way kobe and westbrook/kd were playin than jason kidd's defense.
pimp.gif

Why WOULDN'T we hope that our guards played well against Wade?

An idiot would think he'd be a non-factor, but for a few games I thought maybe we'd keep him under his average.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i thought that since kidd was able to guard kobe he can def guard wade right????...
He just guarded Kobe, kOBE stopped himself with his weak old knees.
laugh.gif
You have to know I was being sarcastic.

Ex-Jazz's Williams expected to sign with star agent Rose

New Jersey guard Deron Williams is expected to sign with agent Leon Rose, a source said Tuesday, after leaving former longtime agent Bob McClaren.

Messages left for Rose and a representative for McClaren were not immediately returned.

Bloomberg News reported Tuesday that Williams had fired McClaren, who is primarily an MLB agent but had close ties with Williams.

Williams spent six seasons with the Jazz before being unexpectedly traded Feb. 23 to the Nets.

Rose is one of the premier agents in the NBA. He represents LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul, among others, and played a pivotal role in James' controversial decision to move to Miami last summer. Williams is expected to sign with Rose, the source said, with the hope that Rose's star power will help bring top-tier talent to Brooklyn, which is where the Nets are expected to move for the 2011-12 season.

Williams has one year left on his contract with New Jersey. He holds a player option worth $17.7 million in 2012-13.

One of the main reasons Utah dealt Williams to the Nets was the belief that he would not re-sign with the Jazz, preferring instead to play in a larger sports market that had a better chance of winning an NBA title.

Since joining the Nets, Williams has said that he is open to remaining in New Jersey. He places emphasis upon winning more than anything else, though, and wants to make sure that the Nets have the necessary pieces to compete at a high level before committing to the organization for the long term.
Link

I still think D-Will would have strongly considered re-signing with the Jazz had he gotten a commitment from the team they would spend money.

ya im be that guy

im Call a spade a spade

pretty much 2 days after the media calls dude out for been MIA in the 4th for the whole finals(ya was stupid to call him out cause dude was putting JT on lock down and doing other things) this dude comes out and has a horrible game on both sides of the court

dude is still mentally SOFT

I swear to god, if Miller would have hit that three, I might have tried to Sparta kick my living room window.

As a Lebron fan, he sucked tonight... it's one thing to be a facilitator and let Wade take advantage, it's another thing to score 8 points.

Props to Tyson Chandler on tonight's effort. He clearly outworked everyone on the floor.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

ya im be that guy

im Call a spade a spade

pretty much 2 days after the media calls dude out for been MIA in the 4th for the whole finals(ya was stupid to call him out cause dude was putting JT on lock down and doing other things) this dude comes out and has a horrible game on both sides of the court

dude is still mentally SOFT

Like I said, I'm going to need to hear XTA's PR spin on this before I pass judgement.  Hey, he could say Dirk gave him his sickness on the court.

I respected LeBron's answer at Sundays PC but if I was that reporter I'd ask him that same question at tonights PC too.

Wade's conceded dunk was the Heat's only FG in the last five minutes.

Took poor care of the ball and took some bad shots (Wade's hero three stands out).

Edit:

As bad as LeBron played, imagine if he played well tonight but missed the game tying FT and had the fumble like Wade did.
laugh.gif

People might get on LeBron for 8 points, and while it's definitely pathetic...

Someone played 39 minutes this game, didn't score, and had 4 TOs.

For the series: 9 points, 6 points, 9 points, 0 points... 24 assists to 16 TOs.

Hm.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Hm.

I'm assuming these are Kidd's stats correct?

LeBron was horrible tonight, being just a facilitator won't cut it.

He was extremely passive tonight, can't play like that if Miami is gonna pull out this series.

The Mavs got great contribution from Chandler tonight.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Hm.

I'm assuming these are Kidd's stats correct?

LeBron was horrible tonight, being just a facilitator won't cut it.

He was extremely passive tonight, can't play like that if Miami is gonna pull out this series.

The Mavs got great contribution from Chandler tonight.

Lebron as a "facilitator" is the worst thing to happen to Miami.  They don't need an oversized average point guard out there they need a complete player that will get his points but yet facilitate within the flow of the offense.

Back
Top Bottom