OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

It's not so much him being a facilitator, but being a facilitator and so passive offensively.

In Cleveland LeBron could facilitate the offense get 10 assists but also have 30 points.

He wasn't attacking the basket at all tonight and was quick to give up the ball.

Originally Posted by toine2983

It's not so much him being a facilitator, but being a facilitator and so passive offensively.

In Cleveland LeBron could facilitate the offense get 10 assists but also have 30 points.

He wasn't attacking the basket at all tonight and was quick to give up the ball.
Exactly, he was even facilitating the offense in the last two series but I think the pressure is getting to him.  His game has looked incredibly sloppy in this series from the constant travels, the turnovers and the piss poor defense.

Ummm basically LeBron did the total opposite of what he said in his pre-game speech.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

and bosh had a KG style 4th QTR
This N was fumbling the ball like it was some breasts in his hands

WHAT?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Miami won't win with LeBron playing this poor. I credit the Dallas defense but I also see a guy that is literally afraid out there. He had kidd guarding him most of the night and didn't do anything. He treated the ball like a hot potato as if he is content allowing Wade to do all the heavy lifting so long as he gets his championship. Lebron is too talented to not lay it all out there for 2 or 3 more games because if he doesn't, he would've been better off staying in Cleveland because the scrutiny he'll receive will be much greater than anything he has faced before.

Can someone level-headed (Aepps, toine?) break down what happened in the fourth?

I wasn't able to catch the second half.
tired.gif

Good win for the Mavs. Admirable performance by Dirk. Terry stayed aggressive against LeBron in the 4th. Chandler proving his worth.

Now LeBron is going to get hated on usual no matter what, but I am disappointed that Wade missed that FT and fumbled the ball at the end.

Best of 3 series. 
pimp.gif

Yeah Tyson did not play a complete game. He came up big during the 4th quarter run but honestly similar to game 1 with the way Heat didn't play their best and won Dallas did not play that good but kept it close and got the run at the right moment.

To all the easy misses and turnovers from Kidd and Barea, Tyson not boxing out, and Dirk being off until the 4th the main difference maker was Terry and he missed a lot of open shots too. Don't really think they won the rebound battle either or points in the paint.

@JA They were going back n forth in the 4th. Heat got like a 7 or 9pt lead. Terry was keeping them around. Mavs storm back with Dirk scoring all the points again. Tyson starts getting rebounds and offensive tips to get 2nd possessions. Heat buckle under pressure, Spo has no answer for Mavs zone late in the 4th. More turnovers from the Heat. Bron is ghost. Bosh played great but wasn't going to be the closer. Wade tried but under pressure missed a key FT to tie the game and almost turned the ball over on the last paly. Mavs win.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Can someone level-headed (Aepps, toine?) break down what happened in the fourth?

tired.gif

mavs went on another huge run and won. media and fans will say it was dallas defense. once again i say it was moreso the heat played lazy again.

peja did make an appearance at the end
laugh.gif

if the heat dont win spolstra deserves to be FIRED.

Pro, I found his post, I'll bring it in here tomorrow for ya. 7AM my time. How many minutes total is Bron at for the season now? 44 a night for two months gotta catch you at some point don't it? Dallas plays with fresh bodies in the 4th. Bron and Wade fly past 40 some odd minutes. Can't help but wonder if its a factor.

Was LBJ guarded by Kidd most of the night?

I saw Kidd on him a lot in the first half...

I think I might like that better... Have Marion/DeShawn on Wade, and have Kidd just front LeBron.

Chill Kidd did nothing to bother LeBron. He just decided not to be aggressive. Plus Kidd was getting plenty help any time James had the ball in the 4th.

I wondered if anyone would've dared say Kidd played a part in Bron's play given how Kidd played that game.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

JapanAir21 wrote:

tired.gif

mavs went on another huge run and won. media and fans will say it was dallas defense. once again i say it was moreso the heat played lazy again.

peja did make an appearance at the end
laugh.gif

if the heat dont win spolstra deserves to be FIRED.

Stop with that "playing lazy" +**#.

Essentially Miami went up by 9 after a haslem jumper. JT started to play really aggressive on offense and scored two quick buckets on LeBron to cut the lead to 5. Dallas goes into a zone and watched Miami pass the ball around the perimeter and take tough shots for the rest of the game. Tyson Chandler really helped out Dallas by grabbing a ton of rebounds. LeBron showed 0 enthusiasm the entire game. As solid as kidd plays defense there were at least 4 possessions where he fronts Lebron and lebron got the ball to score an easy layup but he either missed an easy layup or passed the ball off to a teammate for an easy Dallas turnover.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by PMatic

Props to Tyson Chandler on tonight's effort. He clearly outworked everyone on the floor.
Biggest MFing
grin.gif
in the world for you right now sir...
Because I said he lacked effort and couldn't rebound-block shots...
Originally Posted by aepps20

Essentially Miami went up by 9 after a haslem jumper. JT started to play really aggressive on offense and scored two quick buckets on LeBron to cut the lead to 5. Dallas goes into a zone and watched Miami pass the ball around the perimeter and take tough shots for the rest of the game. Tyson Chandler really helped out Dallas by grabbing a ton of rebounds. LeBron showed 0 enthusiasm the entire game. As solid as kidd plays defense there were at least 4 possessions where he fronts Lebron and lebron got the ball to score an easy layup but he either missed an easy layup or passed the ball off to a teammate for an easy Dallas turnover.
I also thought having Stevenson out there really helped (no really) spread the floor for the Mavs and the Terry-Chandler pick and roll was a good change up. The lane was open since the Heat weren't going to leave Dirk/Stevenson/Kidd wide open and there would be no shot blockers (well except for Wade) for Chandler if he got the ball rolling to the basket. But turnovers were the story for the Heat.

laugh.gif
that Lebron travel jump pass showed what he was about last night. Dallas essentially beat miami at its own game by turning turnovers into points.

Pro, spin control 

Xtapolapacetl wrote:
Miami had a huge lead in the fourth and blew it again. This team would be so much better if all players were forbidden to look at the scoreboard and then just play without knowing how much they were ahead/behind. You can clearly see that Spoelstra desperately tried to avoid the same scenario as in game 2 by calling a time-out immediately after Terry made two baskets as the Mavs were making a comeback, but it didn't work. It wasn't as big of a collapse as in game 2, but the Heat still blew it. All they had to do is play defense and they would've won. The Mavs even missed some open 3s.

LeBron was bad, but not as bad as some haters want to make it look. He couldn't get it going scoring-wise, but he made some excellent passes. What bothers me the most this game is not him not scoring, but not playing great defense like at the end of game 3. If he did that again, the Heat would've won. Instead he let Terry blow by him. After playing defense like that on Rose, the quickest player in the league, not being able to play better defense on Terry is hard to believe.

Wade has been phenomenal. He really is by far the best shot blocking guard in history. Right now he's clearly the finals MVP. IMO, he's clearly the MVP even if the Mavs win. Nowitzki has been horrible for everything but the first 5% and the last 5% of the game.

Whether they win or lose this series, Miami needs to do everything they can to get Nene/Dalembert. Some say that they also need a point guard, but getting a point guard for them is a microscopic problem compared to their lack of size. It's unbelievable how consistently Tyson Chandler is able to grab offensive rebounds. Surreal that such an advantage can take place in the NBA. Looks like something that could only take place at a high school level where there is one kid who physically outmatches the rest.

In the end, after losing game 2, it was great that they won game 3 and took the home court advantage back. I don't think that the Mavs can win in Miami again.

*shrugs* 

If he wins, none of the other stuff will matter.  Just needs to figure out how to get 2 more games. 

Still holding true, this series takin the same path as last year, home, road, road, home, so game 5 should be home team if it sticks.  I know, I'm reaching, just similar highs and lows is all I'm sayin.  Dallas obviously needs to take game 5 at home, to give them 2 shots on the road instead of do or die. 

Xtapolapacetl wrote:
Miami had a huge lead in the fourth and blew it again. This team would be so much better if all players were forbidden to look at the scoreboard and then just play without knowing how much they were ahead/behind. You can clearly see that Spoelstra desperately tried to avoid the same scenario as in game 2 by calling a time-out immediately after Terry made two baskets as the Mavs were making a comeback, but it didn't work. It wasn't as big of a collapse as in game 2, but the Heat still blew it. All they had to do is play defense and they would've won. The Mavs even missed some open 3s.

LeBron was bad, but not as bad as some haters want to make it look. He couldn't get it going scoring-wise, but he made some excellent passes. What bothers me the most this game is not him not scoring, but not playing great defense like at the end of game 3. If he did that again, the Heat would've won. Instead he let Terry blow by him. After playing defense like that on Rose, the quickest player in the league, not being able to play better defense on Terry is hard to believe.

Wade has been phenomenal. He really is by far the best shot blocking guard in history. Right now he's clearly the finals MVP. IMO, he's clearly the MVP even if the Mavs win. Nowitzki has been horrible for everything but the first 5% and the last 5% of the game.

Whether they win or lose this series, Miami needs to do everything they can to get Nene/Dalembert. Some say that they also need a point guard, but getting a point guard for them is a microscopic problem compared to their lack of size. It's unbelievable how consistently Tyson Chandler is able to grab offensive rebounds. Surreal that such an advantage can take place in the NBA. Looks like something that could only take place at a high school level where there is one kid who physically outmatches the rest.

In the end, after losing game 2, it was great that they won game 3 and took the home court advantage back. I don't think that the Mavs can win in Miami again.
There might be a single shred of validity to this post if XPac didn't spend an entire year bashing a 6-24 performance. Not to turn this into a vs. type of deal but how can you bash 23 points & 15 boards in a title clenching victory while finding a way to credit a player's 8 point, 9 board & 7 assist performance in a losing effort?

219xycx.jpg

I guess he learned to flop from the best...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

That Tyson Chandler guy, the difference this year, we got for Erick Dampier...

Hey, we said it could bring someone in of Championship-caliber.

Yall just didn't know it was Tyson Chandler.
pimp.gif

Two more Ws...

NK you're clearly just being a hater.

Dallas' defense has been great this series, MIA has scored 90 in 1 game and except for Game 3 early where they were playing matador defense on Wade and LBJ, they've been more than solid. I'd be interested to see how many of MIA's points have come when they've actually run half court sets and not when they are in transition off DAL's turnovers. For all the star power they have, the Heat rarely get easy baskets when a defense is set. A lot of those miracle shots they hit in the earlier rounds aren't going down right now.

MIA if you ask me is lucky that DAL hasn't been able to hit the broad side of a barn in this series, just avg shooting by these guys and this series could be drastically different. They've had tons of open looks.

laugh.gif
@ last night being more the Heat playing lazy than the Mavs doing anything... God damn idiots...

Back
Top Bottom