OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

219xycx.jpg

what a BUM
roll.gif

Dallas has played great defense but Miami is getting great looks in the half court. The brilliance of this Dallas coaching staff is they switch up defenses at just the right time to throw Miami off (see games 2, 3 and 4). If a team plays man to man through 3.5 quarters and then switches to a zone or an aggressive double team for the last 5 minutes in a game that will throw a team off. Boston and Chicago basically played the same style of defense for 4 quarters. Every Dallas 4th quarter run is predicated on a new wrinkle in their defense. Last night Miami wasn't getting a ton of points of turnovers but their offense looked fairly decent up until the 4th quarter . The ball was moving, wade was attacking and Bosh was getting tremendous looks at layups which he either fumbled the pass or just blew the layup. It wasn't until Dallas swtiched to a zone late in the game did Miami's offense get stagnant.

NK, our defense still sucks right?
laugh.gif

Yes, we give away too many transition points, and a LOT of their points are really easy, but I mean we're still holding one superstar down a game pretty much.

Anyone else think winner of G5 is the winner of the championship?
nerd.gif

If Miami wins, I think it's over. If Dallas wins, there's still two games left in Miami.

I'm waiting for them to be down 15 or so in Game 5 and for JA's usual "I've given up all hope, see you in Game 6" post
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

If Miami wins, I think it's over. If Dallas wins, there's still two games left in Miami.

I'm waiting for them to be down 15 or so in Game 5 and for JA's usual "I've given up all hope, see you in Game 6" post
laugh.gif
It's worked twice!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Miami is definitely more capable of coming back from 3-2, but I still think it's going to be unlikely regardless of who does win G5.

Last game in Dallas tomorrow for this season....

Let's get it. Can't leave home with a disadvantage.

What's most phenomenal about our run is that we're a banged up team. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses if we lose, but Caron being out totally throws out rotation out of the window which looked SO DAMN GOOD in the regular season.

Kidd, Stevenson, Caron, Dirk, Tyson.

Stevenson and Dirk sub out for JET/Marion. Then to end the quarter Barea and Dirk/Haywood would come in.

At all times we'd have a really good wing out there, guys who can shoot the ball, good rebounders, and some guys who can go in the paint.

I really liked the way we looked before Dirk got hurt, then Caron got hurt.

It's part of the reason I want Caron back so much, I really like the dynamic he brings to our team the way it's currently constructed. As I have to say though, this run might not have happened if he were healthy, you never know, it's all match-ups and who hits shots.

But for the last three games it's looking like we'll have Caron Butler out, a guy who could space the floor on offense and alleviate some of the pressure on defending Bron/Wade, freeing up some energy for Kidd, Marion, and DeShawn. Haywood will likely be out the rest of the series, while this doesn't seem like a big deal, he played good D against Bosh in the first few games, but it was clear he was laboring his injury last night. Beaubois is another cat we can mention, but I won't, because he hasn't been a factor all year.

But still, one of our best players, and our only legit back-up C are out, and we're still two games away from our goal.

It's damn amazing.

Oh God, if LAC is the one holding up that deal.....
30t6p3b.gif

LAC, playoff team?

EG, Rim Reaper, Iggy, DeAndre, Momo, Bledsoe.
pimp.gif

I can back a team like tat.

Maybe trade Aminu for another wing, or try to grab someone like Josh Howard to take a risk on. Low-risk, high-reward.

I really like that though... Iggy, EG, and Blake. SOLID.

Honestly though..

When the Big Three got together, I was super stoked. I was excited. I want LeBron to do well, I want to see him win "Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..."

I really wish him the best, and know he's a goddamn force, but just not this year.

It'd hurt too much to lose to the Heat again.

As much as Bron is appreciated from me, I won't rest easy until Dirk and the boys get revenge on Wade, even if it's only him and Haslem left.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ last night being more the Heat playing lazy than the Mavs doing anything... God damn idiots...

idiot? bro your the one who made a devean george appreciation post when he was with the mavs and was dead serious about it
roll.gif

the heat attack the basket  late in the 4th they win. simple as that. but lebron was just standin around along with all the others. 

you play lazy against the zone you will die against the zone

Speaking of JHo I really want to see him bounce back from this injury and wouldn't mind Charlotte signing him for cheap as a back up to Jack

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What's most phenomenal about our run is that we're a banged up team. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses if we lose, but Caron being out totally throws out rotation out of the window which looked SO DAMN GOOD in the regular season.

jesus....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

jesus....
Oh sorry, I forgot I can't talk about my team in a positive note while we were healthy..
grin.gif

Each time we had faced (minus Portland) were pretty much completely healthy, while we never have been.

I'm really getting sick of Stevenson's antics. This guy reminds me of Shannon Bum Brown. A role player that gets smart and starts running his mouth while riding the coat tails of a great player. Save the trash talk until after the series is over.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ last night being more the Heat playing lazy than the Mavs doing anything... God damn idiots...

idiot? bro your the one who made a devean george appreciation post when he was with the mavs and was dead serious about it
roll.gif

the heat attack the basket  late in the 4th they win. simple as that. but lebron was just standin around along with all the others. 

you play lazy against the zone you will die against the zone  
1) The hell are you talking about?

2) So every time the Mavericks fall into a zone, they get no credit whatsoever for keeping the Heat from scoring?
laugh.gif
 Think about how stupid that sounds... The point of a zone is to keep people out of the paint... And everytime the Mavs fall into that zone, the Heat start shooting jumpers and dribbling the shot clock out... Doesn't that mean the Mavs are doing a good job in the zone? They're getting it done on that end, aren't they?

But yeah, they get no credit for the zone doing exactly what it's designed to do...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by aepps20

I'm really getting sick of Stevenson's antics. This guy reminds me of Shannon Bum Brown. A role player that gets smart and starts running his mouth while riding the coat tails of a great player. Save the trash talk until after the series is over.
Honestly? It's the media seeking out something to make a story of. Before the series, DS came out and said there's no beef between him and Bron, he's a great player, and that's all it was.

Media just looking for something to dig in about.. That piece today? Jim Rome was just trying to get something out of DS, he said it was moreso LeBron quitting or you guys doing both, and DS said a combination of both (something like that). Big deal, whatever. Dude's get interviewed everyday, and if the media finds something they want to exploit, they run with it.

JET is a different story, he's a lot cockier, but we aren't talking about him.

Nowitness, how many regular season games did you watch this year?
nerd.gif
Catch many with Caron playing?

I watched most all of them...

Before Dirk went down they were really, really impressive. Then he got hurt and they sucked. Came back and Caron went down. And based on what we saw through the rest of the regular season after his injury, there's no way in hell you woulda convinced me this was a team that legitimately had a chance to win an NBA title...

They've played really good ball for the last month plus... It's like the game against Portland where they blew the lead woke them up and they've been rolling ever sense... They've played one really solid game in this series so far and they've won twice... To take all the credit away from them and place blame on the Heat for that is beyond stupid for me. I'm done hearing crap about the Heat dominating the series and all that nonsense. They ran away with an 8 point lead in Game 1 and the rest of the games have been decided by one possession with a shot in the air to tie/win each game... Dudes don't dominate games that are constantly coming down to the wire.

Alright so I know I'm not crazy thinking the Mavericks looked like a legit contender before Caron/Dirk went down.
laugh.gif

The regular season means NOTHING to the playoffs.  Stop asking about it. 

April-May-June, there is nothing else.  Get it thru your head, we talk about this every God damn season. 

JapanAir21 wrote:
Why even play the regular season? Why don't we just have Playoffs?
That's not important. 

Help me out here, what part of playing on Tuesday in Milwaukee, and then Wednesday in Indiana, and then Friday in Orlando is similar to playing every 2 days vs the same exact team for 2 weeks straight?  Similar? 

No, they aren't.  You get about 2 hours to prepare for Indiana, and maybe 4-5 hours of prep for Orlando, you go out and you basically play pickup ball just at a high level. 

The playoffs are ENTIRELY different.  Only thing the same is the ball is still round, and it's orange.  Other then that, it's all different. 

How many ways you need it spelled out for you?  Look at the team you are playing.  Miami was murked all year by the Bulls and Celtics.  And that turned out how come playoff time? 
wink.gif

Please, don't bring up the regular season again, there is no such thing as matchups in the regular season, just roll the ball out and play hard for 6 months and practice some continuity. 

Back
Top Bottom