OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Times change, medicine and training improve. Plus, He's a genetic freak...He'll be okay. Play till he's 40? no. but stretch it out to 35, 36 without a severe injury, sure.

Spoelstra has done a nice job this year but my complaint with him going back to last week has popped up again. Guy is just slow to make adjustments with his personnel or schemes. Mike Bibby shouldnt be playing (I'd start Chalmers go with House off the bench). Stop with the JET/Bron match up, worked well early..now it's hurting you.

If Miami goes down without seeing LeBron on Dirk in the 4th that's just kind of..idk..as a basketball fan, you'd feel shortened. And it's on LeBron as much as Spoelstra. Say I'm taking him and that's that. No disrespect to Haslem, he's done really well all things considered, but you can't go down without putting your best defensive option on their best option. If JET/Kidd make shots again on the road to close it, tip your hat and come back next year.

Carlisle has done some outside of the box things, and has at least been pro-active. And it's worked. Spoelstra just seems to wait it out, just not a very instinctive guy it seems. Nothing wrong with it, he's a good coach, defensively-- great..but you get to this level..some gut decisions have to be in you to pay off.

This has been a great series, though. Has topped anything a rubber match between LA and Boston could have put forth.

It's bittersweet to watch these NBA Finals being so good and then a day later hearing nothing has advanced for a new CBA agreement. 
tired.gif

Also where does Monta Ellis go? 
nerd.gif

I hear what ya sayin Allen, but we also talkin about 275lbs that plays to contact, runnin and jumpin NBA level, by the time he's 30 he'll be at a dozen years and well over 1,100 games.  That's a lot of wear and tear, no matter how good medicine is these days. 

Bottom line though, kid shouldn't be at 4,000 minutes in a single season. 
30t6p3b.gif

Is it just me or Jason Kidd is the best defender in this series or possibly the whole playoffs? ... I just watched game 5 again and there was this time where he actually stopped Lebron who was on a freight train mode going to the basket .. dude actually stepped back after the contact with Kidd and decided to kicked it out to wade .. i was like
eek.gif
.. i have never seen someone do that to lebron especially on a fast break ..

Good stuff
pimp.gif

Who does better, Mark with GSW or Kevin with HR?

I say McHale gets them in the playoffs

Times change, medicine and training improve. Plus, He's a genetic freak...He'll be okay. Play till he's 40? no. but stretch it out to 35, 36 without a severe injury, sure.

Whew, idk about 35-36.

This has been a great series, though. Has topped anything a rubber match between LA and Boston could have put forth.

Surely.

Man... I get mocking Terry, or Stevenson, or Marion or any of these dudes that been poppin off... But popping off about a dude who was clearly sick... Dudes is lames, man... Bron especially cuz he looks like he's tagging along like DWade's little brother...

Yea you look corn as hell trying to mock a dude that was definitely sick. Plus he's been kicking your !%# all series and now you're down 3-2. That's the type of smug %*%* that makes people not like these dudes. I guess their embracing the villain role really now. Bron definitely was just looking like D Wade's flunky.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by CP1708

That is staggering.  4,000 minutes.....I don't even know how to research where that is in history.  Is that low, is that high, I have no idea.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Them fish oil pills ain't what they used to be?

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Who does better, Mark with GSW or Kevin with HR?

I say McHale gets them in the playoffs

Mchale because hes an overall better coach.

pimp.gif

sick.gif
 Still having problems with that shooting motion though. Of course this is a guy you can see having 20 assists type games, but since he won't have 20 points people will think he sucks.
laugh.gif
 I can't wait to see this guy in the league with better talent around him. I definitely would like to see the high flyers on the court with him in Minnesota (Johnson, Randolph, etc).

*sigh* he could've been coming to Memphis this year if we just would've drafted him.
ohwell.gif

1:20-1:27...

Amazing Pass. Teammate doesn't finish easy layup. Rubio hustles to get to ball and saves it from going out of bounds for the assist.

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

It's bittersweet to watch these NBA Finals being so good and then a day later hearing nothing has advanced for a new CBA agreement. 
tired.gif

Also where does Monta Ellis go? 
nerd.gif
i dunno but smh at the warriors season thread. everyone in there rather trade curry than monta. makes no sense man
grin.gif

He's shooting motion will look a bit better. I expect the coaching staff to either make sure he feels more comfortable with it or change it a bit like they did Brewer 2 season ago. It be a change of pace, Im tired of seeing Luke run down court on a fastbreak and pull up from 3. Even though they go in a times it be better to get it to a wing player who can finish. Him and Love will do well on pick and pop. I would expect Beasley and Randolph to run a lot of pick and rolls.

WHITE PLAINS — NBA point guard Nate Robinson made quite a splash on Main Street early Friday when police said he was spotted urinating on the sidewalk outside the City Center.

The 5-foot-9 member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, who has also played for the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics, was arrested shortly before 2 a.m. after cops said he was seen doing his business outside the Barnes & Noble store at 230 Main St.

He was taken Police Headquarters where he was issued a ticket charging him with a public urination violation. Robinson was released on $100 bail and is due in City Court on June 22. The violation normally carries a $50 fine. Police said he gave a Seattle, Wash., address.

Robinson, 27, one of the shortest players in the NBA, won the "Rising Stars Slam Dunk Contest" during All-Star Weekend during his 2005-06 rookie season with the Knicks. He was traded to the Celtics in February 2010 and, later that month, after playing 26 games for Boston, was traded to the Thunder

NBA's Nate Robinson charged with urinating in public in White Plains | The Journal News | LoHud.com

that's happened to me so i feel his pain

I love the way Rubio passes, cant wait to see him have some highlight plays next season.

Originally Posted by DubA169

WHITE PLAINS — NBA point guard Nate Robinson made quite a splash on Main Street early Friday when police said he was spotted urinating on the sidewalk outside the City Center.

The 5-foot-9 member of the Oklahoma City Thunder, who has also played for the New York Knicks and Boston Celtics, was arrested shortly before 2 a.m. after cops said he was seen doing his business outside the Barnes & Noble store at 230 Main St.

He was taken Police Headquarters where he was issued a ticket charging him with a public urination violation. Robinson was released on $100 bail and is due in City Court on June 22. The violation normally carries a $50 fine. Police said he gave a Seattle, Wash., address.

Robinson, 27, one of the shortest players in the NBA, won the "Rising Stars Slam Dunk Contest" during All-Star Weekend during his 2005-06 rookie season with the Knicks. He was traded to the Celtics in February 2010 and, later that month, after playing 26 games for Boston, was traded to the Thunder

NBA's Nate Robinson charged with urinating in public in White Plains | The Journal News | LoHud.com

that's happened to me so i feel his pain
pain from peeing?

I did that in Panama on SB and the police caught me.
laugh.gif
 I just told him straight up that I couldn't hold it anymore and there weren't any bathrooms around. He gave me a break since I was out just celebrating spring break.

edit:

Well he was in plain view. I at least tried to hide off in the shadows somewhere.

Random thought from the Rubio vid: nice to see the rectangle lane in international ball finally.

My initial thought from the video is that he will either be Steve Nash, or Jason Williams (undisciplined early, but develops - a nice player, but not great).

Looking at the series thread, that war crime of a Lebron James/Scottie Pippen thread.. I find the official season thread to be a sanctuary of sorts.

I'll take JA talking about how great the Mavs could have been 5 months ago or how everyone is stupid except for bhz for assuming Z-Bo would always be a fat loser, that's nothing compared to some of the truly mind boggling things I read in the other threads.

Back
Top Bottom