OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

If the Hornets were to trade for Stephen Jackson by way of some combination of Belinelli/Pondexter/bench big/Banks expiring... are the top four teams in the West concerned about them?

Okafor
West
Ariza
Jackson
Paul

Landry, Green, Jack, Gray

Love the starting 5, scrappy as hell team, but that bench does nothing for me outside of Landry. 

I still feel like they would struggle with scoring, even though Paul could simply turn it up if needed I suppose.  Helluva defensive team though, no doubt there. 

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

If the Hornets were to trade for Stephen Jackson by way of some combination of Belinelli/Pondexter/bench big/Banks expiring... are the top four teams in the West concerned about them?

Okafor
West
Ariza
Jackson
Paul

Landry, Green, Jack, Gray

Love the starting 5, scrappy as hell team, but that bench does nothing for me outside of Landry. 

I still feel like they would struggle with scoring, even though Paul could simply turn it up if needed I suppose.  Helluva defensive team though, no doubt there. 

Didn't think of it this way...

Chad (Utah)

Does Deron bolt New Jersey in 2012?

John Hollinger (12:22 PM)

I still say Clippers and Phoenix are the two most logical end-games for Williams, especially now that Baron Davis is out of the picture in L.A. Nets taking a huge double-risk that A) they can change his mind, and B) they can change his mind soon enough that he'll help recruit somebody good to join him this summer.

Chad (Utah)

I still say Clippers and Phoenix are the two most logical end-games for Williams, especially now that Baron Davis is out of the picture in L.A. Nets taking a huge double-risk that A) they can change his mind, and B) they can change his mind soon enough that he'll help recruit somebody good to join him this summer.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Guys, if you will.  I know this is looking ahead, but for fun, just before March 1
NBA playoffs, second round (potentially)

San Antonio vs OKC
Dallas vs LA

Celtics vs ORLD
Miami vs Chicago

Is that an elite 8 or what? 

And in the first round, we could see a Port/OKC matchup 
eek.gif
  Or a Port/LA matchup 
pimp.gif
  Knicks/Heat, or even Knicks/Bulls 
happy.gif

Gonna be a fun postseason.  Que Bart Scott.......

We in that second round.
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Guys, if you will.  I know this is looking ahead, but for fun, just before March 1
NBA playoffs, second round (potentially)

San Antonio vs OKC
Dallas vs LA

Celtics vs ORLD
Miami vs Chicago

Is that an elite 8 or what? 

And in the first round, we could see a Port/OKC matchup 
eek.gif
  Or a Port/LA matchup 
pimp.gif
  Knicks/Heat, or even Knicks/Bulls 
happy.gif

Gonna be a fun postseason.  Que Bart Scott.......

We in that second round.
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Let the Grizzlies get into the postseason party (Portland and Utah and possibly denver falling off ftw) and watch them scare some people and make some noise...

Let the Grizzlies get into the postseason party (Portland and Utah and possibly denver falling off ftw) and watch them scare some people and make some noise...

And what is the Hornets record outside of those two huge winning streaks? I think its below .500

If they can't pull together another big win streak, do you think they can hold on to the 5th or 6th seed?

Edit:

Those teams outside of Portland don't really have to fall off. NO, Den and Utah are playing some of their worst basketball already. Denver and Portland schedule are the toughest I believe out of the 4 teams. And I just don't see Utah holding on.

A lot depends on what we do against New Orleans since we got them coming up 3 times before the season over with. We went from having one of the worst defensive teams to one of the best defensive teams in the league and that's with a sorry defensive frontcourt. A lot of that is due to TA and Sam playing more minutes. Even Conley has been playing great defense.
laugh.gif
 Adding Battier will be the icing on the cake.   

And what is the Hornets record outside of those two huge winning streaks? I think its below .500

If they can't pull together another big win streak, do you think they can hold on to the 5th or 6th seed?

Edit:

Those teams outside of Portland don't really have to fall off. NO, Den and Utah are playing some of their worst basketball already. Denver and Portland schedule are the toughest I believe out of the 4 teams. And I just don't see Utah holding on.

A lot depends on what we do against New Orleans since we got them coming up 3 times before the season over with. We went from having one of the worst defensive teams to one of the best defensive teams in the league and that's with a sorry defensive frontcourt. A lot of that is due to TA and Sam playing more minutes. Even Conley has been playing great defense.
laugh.gif
 Adding Battier will be the icing on the cake.   

Istill feel like they would struggle with scoring, even though Paulcould simply turn it up if needed I suppose.  Helluva defensive teamthough, no doubt there. 
Jack has been disappointing. Aaron Gray is Aaron Gray, but as a fourth big, when the first three are really good, I'm more than fine with him for 5-10 minutes a game.

Green, starting for the past six games, 17.3 per on 54%.

Their first struggles after the 8-0 start were completely warranted. It was a month into the season, and they had, what, eight new faces? They rebounded from it quite nicely.

The most recent rough patch corresponded directly with Ariza and Okafor being hurt (top three defense completely gone).

No question they're 4th-6th after 82 games, and I am not in love with this team right now. No way they're title contenders unless something big happens soon, but assuming health, they're still tough in the playoffs, as is. Winning a series and playing a tough second round is completely possible, I think. Not that that is anything to be excited about, and I'm not.

And no, I haven't read anything about Jackson. Just an idea. But they were linked to Maggette. Same dude, really. I imagine Charlotte would love to not have his contract anymore, so that helps.

Istill feel like they would struggle with scoring, even though Paulcould simply turn it up if needed I suppose.  Helluva defensive teamthough, no doubt there. 
Jack has been disappointing. Aaron Gray is Aaron Gray, but as a fourth big, when the first three are really good, I'm more than fine with him for 5-10 minutes a game.

Green, starting for the past six games, 17.3 per on 54%.

Their first struggles after the 8-0 start were completely warranted. It was a month into the season, and they had, what, eight new faces? They rebounded from it quite nicely.

The most recent rough patch corresponded directly with Ariza and Okafor being hurt (top three defense completely gone).

No question they're 4th-6th after 82 games, and I am not in love with this team right now. No way they're title contenders unless something big happens soon, but assuming health, they're still tough in the playoffs, as is. Winning a series and playing a tough second round is completely possible, I think. Not that that is anything to be excited about, and I'm not.

And no, I haven't read anything about Jackson. Just an idea. But they were linked to Maggette. Same dude, really. I imagine Charlotte would love to not have his contract anymore, so that helps.

I keep forgetting about those injuries the Hornets had.

As long as ya'll have CP3 running the show, there's nothing for them to worry about. Plenty of injury prone guys though. Adding Landry will help though if anyone in your frontline goes down.

But, of course I'm always rooting against ya'll to lose.
grin.gif

I keep forgetting about those injuries the Hornets had.

As long as ya'll have CP3 running the show, there's nothing for them to worry about. Plenty of injury prone guys though. Adding Landry will help though if anyone in your frontline goes down.

But, of course I'm always rooting against ya'll to lose.
grin.gif

If I don't get a Port/OKC first round, NO/OKC would be a real nice fallback.  In fact, NO/OKC, with Port/LA would be a damn good first round. 

Memphis/Dallas, if Memphis were to get Shane......
laugh.gif
  That's a better series then you would think at first glance. 

TA and Shane. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Just realized, I'm lookin at the playoffs in here, I'm lookin at 2012 in another thread, yeah, I love me some regular season. 
laugh.gif

If I don't get a Port/OKC first round, NO/OKC would be a real nice fallback.  In fact, NO/OKC, with Port/LA would be a damn good first round. 

laugh.gif

TA and Shane. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Just realized, I'm lookin at the playoffs in here, I'm lookin at 2012 in another thread, yeah, I love me some regular season. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Chad (Utah)

Deron and Griffin together would be exciting as hell.   

Originally Posted by Proshares

Chad (Utah)

Deron and Griffin together would be exciting as hell.   

JA changed his name to Tucker and moved to STL 
laugh.gif

[h6]Tucker (St Louis)[/h6]

Everyone still dismisses the Mavs because of their past failures but isn't this a different team? Chandler/Haywood is a major improvment over past centers, Marion, Terry, and Kidd look solid, and Peja and Beaubioux look great so far.
[h6]John Hollinger
  (12:17 PM)
[/h6]

I pulled this question solely for the spelling of Beaubois. Dallas does look good, and the West looks very winnable this year ... but Peja is a replacement level player and it's tough to optimize minutes among three small guards (JT, JJ and Beauboixoisel'eauxsenicoise) and a fourth who needs to play big minutes in Kidd.

JA changed his name to Tucker and moved to STL 
laugh.gif

[h6]Tucker (St Louis)[/h6]

Everyone still dismisses the Mavs because of their past failures but isn't this a different team? Chandler/Haywood is a major improvment over past centers, Marion, Terry, and Kidd look solid, and Peja and Beaubioux look great so far.
[h6]John Hollinger
  (12:17 PM)
[/h6]

I pulled this question solely for the spelling of Beaubois. Dallas does look good, and the West looks very winnable this year ... but Peja is a replacement level player and it's tough to optimize minutes among three small guards (JT, JJ and Beauboixoisel'eauxsenicoise) and a fourth who needs to play big minutes in Kidd.

laugh.gif

TA and Shane. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I'm looking at that match up and thinking to myself Memphis is talented enough to pull off an upset. Especially if Dallas stands pat and has to rely on Dirk having to score 25+ every game with JET as the second option. Just a matter of being on the same page and proper coaching.

Of course, I would still favor Dallas if they met.

Back
Top Bottom