OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

I figure i'd give you guys a heads up.

AJ Wright on Imperial and Crenshaw has home and road Nomar and Jeff Kent Dodger authentic jerseys for $24.99.

I picked up home and road Nomar authentics for me since I always liked Nomar, not sure if I should keep them as Nomar jerseys or strip them though because when I think of Nomar I think of him on the Red Sox

laugh.gif
AJ Wright, there's one right on Hacienda Blvd in La Puente.

What sizes did they run? Is it easy to strip the jersey down?

they had sizes 40, 44, 48, 52, and 60 at the Imperial and Crenshaw one. They had alot more yesterday though, I went today to pick the jerseys up and there wasn't nearly as many left.

that spot has nice stuff from time to time though, i got a frank gore 49ers authentic for $29.99 back in september from there.

the numbers and lettering on Dodgers jerseys is single layer so it shouldn't be to much of a hassle to strip with a seam ripper, only thing im worried about is glue stains or leftover thread from the numbers staining the white jersey.

this place exclusivepro.com could customize the jerseys with any name/number for $40 though and they do custom jobs for all mlb, nhl, and nba teams and their work is extremely accurate.

what are the chances of still seeing residue/outline if you strip it?

i was thinking bout buying this earlier for $6.99
laugh.gif

6091_1_sbol.JPG

6034_1_sbol.JPG

in yo nostril there was about 1 or 2 size 40's left from what i recall.

mr jordan04, its hit or miss when it comes to stripping jerseys. i stripped a joba chamberlin yankee authentic and it had a few glue stains on it that i was able to get rid of when i washed it

i tried stripping a mets authentic before though and the results were pretty bad because they have triple layer stitching

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/03/dodgers-agree-to-terms-with-garret-anderson.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Agree To Terms With Garret Anderson[/h1]
By Howard Megdal [March 3 at 8:50pm CST]

The Dodgers have agreed to terms with Garret Anderson on a minor-league deal, Dylan Hernandez tweets.

Anderson, 37, hit .268/.303/.401 in 534 plate appearances with the Braves last season. The good news is that he held his own with a .714 OPS against lefties. The bad news is, he only posted a .701 OPS against righties.

With his fielding now subpar- UZR/150 had him at 16.5 runs below average in left field in 2009- he is strictly backup material.

Edit: Yuku keeps *%%@$%@ with me.

The Dodgers no-direction off season continues with another confusing signing. Ah well, can't knock depth though.

Manny could be an interesting trade chip
nerd.gif

So far we've stocked up at LF and 2B and yet no 5th starter.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

and yet no 5th starter.

smh.gif

http://[h3]
[h3]Seven arms for one spot in LAD[/h3]
2:12PM ET

[h5]Los Angeles Dodgers [/h5]
Top http:///sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors#4860&title=Seven arms for one spot in LAD">http://sendtofriend.espn.... one spot in LAD', 'sendtofriend', 'noresizable,noscrollbars,width=345,height=470');return false;" href="http://niketalk.yuku.com/editor/view#">Email

The Los Angeles Dodgers have a solid front four with Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Hiroki Kuroda and Vicente Padilla, undoubtedly the top four starters on the roster. The battle for the fifth spot, however, may be one for the ages as seven arms compete for the role.

Right-hander Eric Stults is one of those arms, as are veterans Russ and Ramon Ortiz, James McDonald and left-hander Scott Elbert.

Elbert may have the most upside, followed by McDonald, but both are also the most inexperienced.

Stults pitched a strong inning Tuesday, but all will get their chance this month. But Charlie Haeger and Stults are out of options and can't be sent to the minors without clearing waivers first, which could play into the decision manager Joe Torre and his staff have to make.

Stay tuned as we follow this one to the finish.
[/h3]

TheDodgers need a left-handed hitter off the bench who doesn't have anarthritic shoulder (Doug M.) or knees ( B. Giles). Ned Colletti's MO isto stockpile talent because as he said today, "it's not a baseballmonth, it's a baseball season". We were going to carry five outfieldersanyway because Manny needs days off without compromising the bench.This almost assuredly means we will carry 12 pitchers, 5 outfielders(think Manny, Ethier, Kemp, Reed Johnson and Anderson), and 6infielders and 2 catchers. Because our infield options can't REALLYplay the outfield, we are forced to carry more depth there. TheAnderson signing is in no way meant to provide outfield depth, butrather, it provides bench depth for days Reed Johnson plays the field.

I actually like the method we've used with the 5th starter the past two seasons.

If you have a long list of guys that's a mix between youngsters and veterans you're bound to find someone who can have some amount of success.

And I love how the national media says the Dodgers have "too many question marks in the rotation" and stuff like that. It was the same thing all of last season and our pitching was exceptional

And I love how the national media says the Dodgers have "too many question marks in the rotation" and stuff like that. It was the same thing all of last season and our pitching was exceptional

Yup, it's overblown.  They make it sound like every other team in MLB has eight solid pitchers.  For example, if Kershaw goes down then the rotation is done.  You can say that for any team.  If Lincecum goes down with the Giants they are not the same club, if Halladay goes down for the Phillies sam thing (Hamels had just a bad of a year as Billingsley)., etc.

Kuroda did not contribute much in 2009, so hopefully we can expect something from him.  If Kershaw builds on what he did last season, we are talking Cy Young.  There is a chance that Bills learns from last year, comes in better shape and not only has a good first half but a solid season from start to finish.  Padilla will be solid, not spectacular but solid.

This team really didn't have to make any moves in the off season ( I still want Uggla dammit! trade deadline
nerd.gif
).

This team has a lot of questions, but doesn't every team have them.

Will Manny rebound?
Will Russ rebound?
Will Furcal build on his hot September?
Will Billingsley rebound from a terrible second half?
Will Kershaw build on his strong second half and go from phenom to Cy Young?
Will Kuroda rebound from injuries and the freak line drive to the head?
Will Padilla continue to contribute as a Dodger or will he become the headcase that has led to him being shipped out at every other stop?
Will Belliard lose weight and win the 2b job?
Will Casey Blake grow his beard back?
Will Matt Kemp's sudden stardom derail his progress?
Will Andre Ethier continue to be the master of the walk off?
Will Ronald Belisario ever report to Spring Training?
Will Cory Wade ever be found again?

As much of a fuss that everyone makes about pitching, it will be fine, it always is.  As much of a fuss that people make that pitching wins championships, we still beat the Cardinals and their Cy Young candidate 1-2 punch.  It's a long !$* season,
laugh.gif

I think the biggest gripe is there isn't any stability at the backend of the rotation.

The revolving door will continue and they'll keep trying to plug random %@+ pitchers in.

I can pretty much tell what's gonna happen, Ned is gonna be all antsy and say we need a 5th starter and come trade deadline he'll trade for somebody. We'll lose a prospect for a rent-a-pitcher and so on.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

As a whole last year, your pitching was very good.  I would argue against exceptional, but thats besides the point.  What I said for the past 2 seasons with you guys, is your rotation lacks a true ace.  I know you were able to beat the Cardinals last year, but for the past 2 seasons in the playoffs, you havent had one game where you just KNEW your starter was going to shove.  Thats what most playoff teams have, and World Series contenders need....a true ace to lead the rotation.  And the guy who anchored your staff last year is no longer on the team.
Maybe Kershaw can be that guy this year.  A lot of people tend to think he will be.  I think he will be.  But when the national media says that the Dodgers have too many question marks in their rotation, they are correct.  I mean lets break it down.

Kershaw - Great young talent, one of the best young starters in baseball.  Is he ready to take the leap as a premier ace?  That is a big question.

Billingsley - Historically great first half pitcher.  Can he put it together for a whole season and avoid a collapse?  Thats another question.

Kuroda - Very solid pitcher.  I expect a strong season from him.

Padilla - Was exceptional for you guys down the stretch last year.  But this is the same Padilla that has a history of mid 4s ERA and a below average WHIP. Will he be the pitcher he was at the end of last year, or the pitcher he has been his whole career?

5th Starter - Who knows who this is at this point?

Just by looking at that, the national media has EVERY right to say your rotation has "too many question marks." IMO, you have a question mark at 4 of the 5 starting rotation spots.  It has the potential to be a very good starting rotation, but it also has the potential of being very bad.  I still think you guys will win the division, but the media saying your rotation has too many questions, is completely valid, and I dont understand how you can disagree.  

My 2 cents....

Back
Top Bottom