**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Doesn't really matter if CP3 and Amare are best buds and write short stories about playing together, New Orleans has to agree to trade him.

Then they get to look at ALL the offers from teams, because Paul has no say in where he goes.

Then you have to actually negotiate and make the money work.

Then the Knicks have to attempt to build around two superstars and hope Walsh can manage to scrap some talent out of whoever is left out there as a free agent or whatever slim pickings is leftover after NO takes Randolph, Gallinari, Buike, Turiaf, Douglas, Chandler, hell probably Bill Walker too But I suppose we all expect Anthony to be a 100% sure thing to NYC, hoping and wishing for a free agent small forward, doesn't that sound familiar.

I'd be thrilled to have an elite PG on this team... but I was also very pleased and satisfied with our off-season despite not getting LBJ. Obviously if Paul is on the table and there's a chance he could go to one of his preferred teams, you do what you have to in order to get him and to prevent another team from gaining a superstar... but we're also in a good spot right now. Young team, good potential, a solid PG on a great contract which would set us up perfectly for D-Will or CP3 as free agents... WITHOUT having to give up any players now.

I won't hold my breath or start ordering my CP3 jerseys just yet, this team is finally heading in the right direction... let's just see what we have.

Doesn't really matter if CP3 and Amare are best buds and write short stories about playing together, New Orleans has to agree to trade him.

Then they get to look at ALL the offers from teams, because Paul has no say in where he goes.

Then you have to actually negotiate and make the money work.

Then the Knicks have to attempt to build around two superstars and hope Walsh can manage to scrap some talent out of whoever is left out there as a free agent or whatever slim pickings is leftover after NO takes Randolph, Gallinari, Buike, Turiaf, Douglas, Chandler, hell probably Bill Walker too But I suppose we all expect Anthony to be a 100% sure thing to NYC, hoping and wishing for a free agent small forward, doesn't that sound familiar.

I'd be thrilled to have an elite PG on this team... but I was also very pleased and satisfied with our off-season despite not getting LBJ. Obviously if Paul is on the table and there's a chance he could go to one of his preferred teams, you do what you have to in order to get him and to prevent another team from gaining a superstar... but we're also in a good spot right now. Young team, good potential, a solid PG on a great contract which would set us up perfectly for D-Will or CP3 as free agents... WITHOUT having to give up any players now.

I won't hold my breath or start ordering my CP3 jerseys just yet, this team is finally heading in the right direction... let's just see what we have.

i agree with big J. except i think CP does have a say in where he goes to some level. For example if they agree to terms with portland and for whatever reason paul says "no way i'm resigning when these 2 years are up" that could kill the deal. so he has some leverage but not too much.

we finally appear to have a chance at being a cohesive team, i'm not trying to gut the entire roster for CP. I'm not trying to make all of our players feel unwanted again so they play like crap and never become a real team

i agree with big J. except i think CP does have a say in where he goes to some level. For example if they agree to terms with portland and for whatever reason paul says "no way i'm resigning when these 2 years are up" that could kill the deal. so he has some leverage but not too much.

we finally appear to have a chance at being a cohesive team, i'm not trying to gut the entire roster for CP. I'm not trying to make all of our players feel unwanted again so they play like crap and never become a real team

You made me waste my time reading that article proph
laugh.gif

Didnt Melo sign an extension in fear of the new CBA coming next offseason? i thought melo to NY was done.

and yes, although CP is your superstar type of point guard, rubio has the length, and court vision to become the same, if not even better then CP3, IMO. His jumpshot and defense may need a bit of work, but that'll be easy.

You made me waste my time reading that article proph
laugh.gif

Didnt Melo sign an extension in fear of the new CBA coming next offseason? i thought melo to NY was done.

and yes, although CP is your superstar type of point guard, rubio has the length, and court vision to become the same, if not even better then CP3, IMO. His jumpshot and defense may need a bit of work, but that'll be easy.

step one: forget about chirs paul.

steptwo: convince mello to not sign his extension.

step 3:convince mello to say that he will only sign a contract extension with the knicks, thus giving us leverage and scaring other potential suitors. we would be able to get him at that point without gutting the entire roster as opposed to CP

step one: forget about chirs paul.

steptwo: convince mello to not sign his extension.

step 3:convince mello to say that he will only sign a contract extension with the knicks, thus giving us leverage and scaring other potential suitors. we would be able to get him at that point without gutting the entire roster as opposed to CP

Neither one of those steps are simple lol

[h1]Hornets Want Okafor Included In Any Paul Deal
[/h1]

Jul 23, 2010 3:25 PM EST

If the Hornets are going to trade All-Star point guard Chris Paul, they reportedly want teams to take on the contract of Emeka Okafor.

Okafor's contract has four years and $52 million left on it.

The second overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, Okafor has career averages of 13.3 points, 10.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks.

[h1]Hornets Want Okafor Included In Any Paul Deal
[/h1]

Jul 23, 2010 3:25 PM EST

If the Hornets are going to trade All-Star point guard Chris Paul, they reportedly want teams to take on the contract of Emeka Okafor.

Okafor's contract has four years and $52 million left on it.

The second overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, Okafor has career averages of 13.3 points, 10.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks.

Originally Posted by DubA169

what is Amare part of? Being in the same gym at the same time?

his "team" convinced a player with 2 years left on his contract to publicly complain that he wants out. Putting it out there that he wants the knicks as a first option doesn't help us. Now the new hornets GM will move him to a different team so he doesn't appear to be weak.
You distorting the facts and speculating. How do you know LRMR convinced Paul to have it leak out that he wants to be traded? Maybe just maybe Chris Paul is about that life? Maybe he decided to do that. I mean yall can do the speculation of what you think that group convinced LeBron to do and how it "ruined" his career and then make connections that CP3 hangs out with LeBron and is now being represented by the same group but it doesn't change the fact that these individuals made these choices.

I mean you really think LRMR gave Paul the idea to talk about going to the Knicks with Melo at Melo's wedding? I'm lost on how he's using the Knicks. Like this team is a huge threat or something and players can benefit the most by saying they want to play here when they really don't want to or never intended to.

If the Hornets GM does trade him somewhere else so what? He gonna not trade him to the Knicks outta spite? or cuz another team has a better package? We still got the same team if we don't get him now and a chance to sign him in 2 years and if he was using us like you claim he is then he was never coming here anyway so again we don't lose anything. You acting like players are doing us dirty by publicly announcing they'll sign here and then sign somewhere else.

And cut all that malarkey about players feeling unwanted. This is a business. You won't get traded as long as you play good and no other team wants to trade a better player for you. The cohesiveness will come with time and wins.
Originally Posted by BangDak

Why ppl keep talking about Rubio? Is he even coming to the NBA? Dude not even in the states yet talking about trading for his rights. Not to mention it's Kahn and the T-wolves, getting Rubio is a long shot.

Rather do business with the Hornets new GM.
Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then the Knicks have to attempt to build around two superstars and hope Walsh can manage to scrap some talent out of whoever is left out there as a free agent or whatever slim pickings is leftover after NO takes Randolph, Gallinari, Buike, Turiaf, Douglas, Chandler, hell probably Bill Walker too.

I don't see the problem in building a team around 2 great players. Dudes was just praising Walsh for the turnaround he did with the roster and it getting really younger but now there's no faith that he could build a playoff championship contending team with arguably 2 franchise players?

Also, a lot of the guys on our team currently have 1 year left on their contracts or 2 so it's not like they would remain on the team for the summer of 2012 if we decided to go after D-Will or Paul then. Signing multiple stars on your team is always going to leave you with less money to spend to fill out your bench. There aint no working around that unless everybody is taking massive pay cuts and that's not happening cuz Amar'e already got the max.

Once I saw who Walsh signed and the players he traded for looking at the contracts I knew that I shouldn't be expecting this to be our team for seasons to come regardless of getting CP3 or Melo.

Originally Posted by DubA169

what is Amare part of? Being in the same gym at the same time?

his "team" convinced a player with 2 years left on his contract to publicly complain that he wants out. Putting it out there that he wants the knicks as a first option doesn't help us. Now the new hornets GM will move him to a different team so he doesn't appear to be weak.
You distorting the facts and speculating. How do you know LRMR convinced Paul to have it leak out that he wants to be traded? Maybe just maybe Chris Paul is about that life? Maybe he decided to do that. I mean yall can do the speculation of what you think that group convinced LeBron to do and how it "ruined" his career and then make connections that CP3 hangs out with LeBron and is now being represented by the same group but it doesn't change the fact that these individuals made these choices.

I mean you really think LRMR gave Paul the idea to talk about going to the Knicks with Melo at Melo's wedding? I'm lost on how he's using the Knicks. Like this team is a huge threat or something and players can benefit the most by saying they want to play here when they really don't want to or never intended to.

If the Hornets GM does trade him somewhere else so what? He gonna not trade him to the Knicks outta spite? or cuz another team has a better package? We still got the same team if we don't get him now and a chance to sign him in 2 years and if he was using us like you claim he is then he was never coming here anyway so again we don't lose anything. You acting like players are doing us dirty by publicly announcing they'll sign here and then sign somewhere else.

And cut all that malarkey about players feeling unwanted. This is a business. You won't get traded as long as you play good and no other team wants to trade a better player for you. The cohesiveness will come with time and wins.
Originally Posted by BangDak

Why ppl keep talking about Rubio? Is he even coming to the NBA? Dude not even in the states yet talking about trading for his rights. Not to mention it's Kahn and the T-wolves, getting Rubio is a long shot.

Rather do business with the Hornets new GM.
Originally Posted by Big J 33

Then the Knicks have to attempt to build around two superstars and hope Walsh can manage to scrap some talent out of whoever is left out there as a free agent or whatever slim pickings is leftover after NO takes Randolph, Gallinari, Buike, Turiaf, Douglas, Chandler, hell probably Bill Walker too.

I don't see the problem in building a team around 2 great players. Dudes was just praising Walsh for the turnaround he did with the roster and it getting really younger but now there's no faith that he could build a playoff championship contending team with arguably 2 franchise players?

Also, a lot of the guys on our team currently have 1 year left on their contracts or 2 so it's not like they would remain on the team for the summer of 2012 if we decided to go after D-Will or Paul then. Signing multiple stars on your team is always going to leave you with less money to spend to fill out your bench. There aint no working around that unless everybody is taking massive pay cuts and that's not happening cuz Amar'e already got the max.

Once I saw who Walsh signed and the players he traded for looking at the contracts I knew that I shouldn't be expecting this to be our team for seasons to come regardless of getting CP3 or Melo.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

considering it's been weeks and mello still hasn't signed and his wife is from NYC it's not the most difficult task. Mainly because we have Amare those steps are rather easy.

If we learned one thing from lebron's decsion to go to the heat, it's that players will never be fined for collusion or tampering. We have a star that was just at mello's wedding they obviously have eachother cell numbers. walsh tells Amare to tell mello we want him and this is the best way for him to get a sign and trade while keeping some good pieces on the knicks when he gets there.mello gets his money, we get mello without the nuggets having the leverage to rape us.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

considering it's been weeks and mello still hasn't signed and his wife is from NYC it's not the most difficult task. Mainly because we have Amare those steps are rather easy.

If we learned one thing from lebron's decsion to go to the heat, it's that players will never be fined for collusion or tampering. We have a star that was just at mello's wedding they obviously have eachother cell numbers. walsh tells Amare to tell mello we want him and this is the best way for him to get a sign and trade while keeping some good pieces on the knicks when he gets there.mello gets his money, we get mello without the nuggets having the leverage to rape us.

Master Zik wrote:

did you not just watch the last 2 years of basketball? harrington, hughes and the rest of the knuckleheads knew that they weren't wanted. They played like crap and played mad selfish just to up their value. that's why we never had a real team. This is a business but players are human. If your only reward for playing better is getting shipped off in a trade, you will not have a cohesive team.

And yes i think LRMR gave him the wonderful idea to cry and complain in public that he wants to be traded. Any publicity is good publicity with those people if you didn't notice after that last month of them feeding garbage to the media and the whole way the decision played out. you are known by the company you keep.

You just said This is a business right? well CP just made very unprofessional move.

Master Zik wrote:

did you not just watch the last 2 years of basketball? harrington, hughes and the rest of the knuckleheads knew that they weren't wanted. They played like crap and played mad selfish just to up their value. that's why we never had a real team. This is a business but players are human. If your only reward for playing better is getting shipped off in a trade, you will not have a cohesive team.

And yes i think LRMR gave him the wonderful idea to cry and complain in public that he wants to be traded. Any publicity is good publicity with those people if you didn't notice after that last month of them feeding garbage to the media and the whole way the decision played out. you are known by the company you keep.

You just said This is a business right? well CP just made very unprofessional move.

Q: What the Knicks and everyone else should have realized is that nobody cares about their history or playing in MSG. The only thing athletes care about is playing somewhere warm and having enough space to put their 10,000 sq ft mansion and huge swimming pool for their entourage. Nobody cares about New York City any more. Los Angeles, Phoenix, Orlando and of course Miami are much more attractive destinations for modern athletes.
-- David, San Francisco

SG: This goes back to Colin Cowherd's Notre Dame Corollary: Everyone older than 35 is amazed that Notre Dame's football team isn't good, but really, if you're a high school recruit, it's not like you would ever know that Notre Dame was good. You grew up hearing about Miami, Florida and USC ... so those are the schools for which you would want to play. The Knicks have been relevant twice in the past 30 years: the Bernard era (1983-84) and the Ewing era (1989, 1992-1995, 1999). They haven't won a title since 1973. If you're LeBron James -- only 25 years old, remember nothing before Jordan's Bulls -- what's special for him about the Knicks other than the bright lights and that ubiquitous Jay-Z song? Nothing. Sad but true.

What do you guys think?

Q: What the Knicks and everyone else should have realized is that nobody cares about their history or playing in MSG. The only thing athletes care about is playing somewhere warm and having enough space to put their 10,000 sq ft mansion and huge swimming pool for their entourage. Nobody cares about New York City any more. Los Angeles, Phoenix, Orlando and of course Miami are much more attractive destinations for modern athletes.
-- David, San Francisco

SG: This goes back to Colin Cowherd's Notre Dame Corollary: Everyone older than 35 is amazed that Notre Dame's football team isn't good, but really, if you're a high school recruit, it's not like you would ever know that Notre Dame was good. You grew up hearing about Miami, Florida and USC ... so those are the schools for which you would want to play. The Knicks have been relevant twice in the past 30 years: the Bernard era (1983-84) and the Ewing era (1989, 1992-1995, 1999). They haven't won a title since 1973. If you're LeBron James -- only 25 years old, remember nothing before Jordan's Bulls -- what's special for him about the Knicks other than the bright lights and that ubiquitous Jay-Z song? Nothing. Sad but true.

What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

-- David, San Francisco

What do you guys think?

so because lebron made one of the most vagina decisions in the history of basketball nobody wants to play in MSG? What star free agents did phoenix or orlando get recently?

i also think chris paul and tony parker would disagree with David. You have to be built differant to handle NYC. it's high risk, high reward. plain and simple

Originally Posted by bijald0331

-- David, San Francisco

What do you guys think?

so because lebron made one of the most vagina decisions in the history of basketball nobody wants to play in MSG? What star free agents did phoenix or orlando get recently?

i also think chris paul and tony parker would disagree with David. You have to be built differant to handle NYC. it's high risk, high reward. plain and simple

like i said before i dont want cp3 if it means getting okafor... BUT if we skip out on cp3 then we are skipping out on a sure thing the best PG in the league and he will instantly make us a contender again and not just a playoff team to make the 8th seed...and if we skip out on cp3 we are hoping and praying we get parker and melo in the summer which is a long shot look at lebron this summer... we would have to wait all over again just to be disappointed... the difference now and then is we now have a respectable team and not just tanking the season away... i have mixed feelings about all this because theres a lot to consider... but my question to my fellow knick fans what would yall do... whats your opinion? feel free to chime in
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom