**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

like i said before i dont want cp3 if it means getting okafor... BUT if we skip out on cp3 then we are skipping out on a sure thing the best PG in the league and he will instantly make us a contender again and not just a playoff team to make the 8th seed...and if we skip out on cp3 we are hoping and praying we get parker and melo in the summer which is a long shot look at lebron this summer... we would have to wait all over again just to be disappointed... the difference now and then is we now have a respectable team and not just tanking the season away... i have mixed feelings about all this because theres a lot to consider... but my question to my fellow knick fans what would yall do... whats your opinion? feel free to chime in
laugh.gif

i really cant see paul bouncing around that much in the near future.
i think the next team he goes to, hes gonna be there for much longer than 2 years.

i really cant see paul bouncing around that much in the near future.
i think the next team he goes to, hes gonna be there for much longer than 2 years.

Paul bends to King James’ rule

Chris Paul(notes) had come into the NBA with so much of Kevin Durant’s(notes) pureness of purpose: humble, grateful, still the kid who worked summers pumping gas and changing tires at his grandfather’s gas station in North Carolina. He constructed himself a reputation of values and character, and separated himself in all the best ways.

He should stay on course to be his generation’s Tim Duncan(notes), but that no longer appeals to Paul. He’s veered the wrong way, into the wrong clutches. Bad enough that LeBron James(notes) damaged his own standing in the sport this summer, he wants to take down Chris Paul with him too.
James, his business manager Maverick Carter and powerbroker William Wesley have far too much influence over Paul’s career, and they’re running it right out of the sunshine and into darkness. They’re using Paul as a commodity to elevate their clout, to show how they can take a player with no contractual leverage and muscle him out of New Orleans.

What they don’t care about – and maybe don’t understand – is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He’s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they’re convincing Paul of it, too.

In a Twitter pronouncement on Thursday, King James declared, “Best of luck to my brother [Chris Paul] … Do what’s best for You and your family.

Paul bends to King James’ rule

Chris Paul(notes) had come into the NBA with so much of Kevin Durant’s(notes) pureness of purpose: humble, grateful, still the kid who worked summers pumping gas and changing tires at his grandfather’s gas station in North Carolina. He constructed himself a reputation of values and character, and separated himself in all the best ways.

He should stay on course to be his generation’s Tim Duncan(notes), but that no longer appeals to Paul. He’s veered the wrong way, into the wrong clutches. Bad enough that LeBron James(notes) damaged his own standing in the sport this summer, he wants to take down Chris Paul with him too.
James, his business manager Maverick Carter and powerbroker William Wesley have far too much influence over Paul’s career, and they’re running it right out of the sunshine and into darkness. They’re using Paul as a commodity to elevate their clout, to show how they can take a player with no contractual leverage and muscle him out of New Orleans.

What they don’t care about – and maybe don’t understand – is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He’s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they’re convincing Paul of it, too.

In a Twitter pronouncement on Thursday, King James declared, “Best of luck to my brother [Chris Paul] … Do what’s best for You and your family.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Master Zik wrote:
I mean you really think LRMR gave Paul the idea to talk about going to the Knicks with Melo at Melo's wedding? I'm lost on how he's using the Knicks. Like this team is a huge threat or something and players can benefit the most by saying they want to play here when they really don't want to or never intended to.

And cut all that malarkey about players feeling unwanted. This is a business. You won't get traded as long as you play good and no other team wants to trade a better player for you. The cohesiveness will come with time and wins.
did you not just watch the last 2 years of basketball? harrington, hughes and the rest of the knuckleheads knew that they weren't wanted. They played like crap and played mad selfish just to up their value. that's why we never had a real team. This is a business but players are human. If your only reward for playing better is getting shipped off in a trade, you will not have a cohesive team.

And yes i think LRMR gave him the wonderful idea to cry and complain in public that he wants to be traded. Any publicity is good publicity with those people if you didn't notice after that last month of them feeding garbage to the media and the whole way the decision played out. you are known by the company you keep.

You just said This is a business right? well CP just made very unprofessional move.

Why you talkin about bums like Harrington? It was never the goal to win last season or before so cohesiveness with that Knicks team was irrelevant. I'm talking about these current players. If we trade them before a game is even played why would the remaining players on the team feel unwanted? Wouldn't they be playing for their jobs and to stay on the team to play with STAT and CP3? and then possibly Mello? If players are gonna be selfish and not play team ball cuz they think they're gonna be traded they didn't belong on the team to begin with.

As for Paul and his moves like I said anything he does is his choice. I believe he would have done the same without being affiliated with LRMR. He saw what LeBron just did, he sees the Hornets going backwards. He made a decision to benefit himself. Keep in mind none of these articles have quotes directly form Paul just sources. There hasn't been any crying and complaining in public from Chris Paul I don't kno where you're getting this from (not that he doesn't have the right to be upset with the Hornets). Players ask for trades all the time when they're unhappy, they threaten to leave when their contract is gonna be up when they see their organization not playing to get rings. Kobe did the same. This imo has nothing to do with that group. CP3 would've been doing this regardless. D-will basically implied he wasn't coming back to the Jazz a few days ago. If this is unprofessional, well GMs and owners have already gotten use to it.

Master Zik wrote:
I mean you really think LRMR gave Paul the idea to talk about going to the Knicks with Melo at Melo's wedding? I'm lost on how he's using the Knicks. Like this team is a huge threat or something and players can benefit the most by saying they want to play here when they really don't want to or never intended to.

And cut all that malarkey about players feeling unwanted. This is a business. You won't get traded as long as you play good and no other team wants to trade a better player for you. The cohesiveness will come with time and wins.
did you not just watch the last 2 years of basketball? harrington, hughes and the rest of the knuckleheads knew that they weren't wanted. They played like crap and played mad selfish just to up their value. that's why we never had a real team. This is a business but players are human. If your only reward for playing better is getting shipped off in a trade, you will not have a cohesive team.

And yes i think LRMR gave him the wonderful idea to cry and complain in public that he wants to be traded. Any publicity is good publicity with those people if you didn't notice after that last month of them feeding garbage to the media and the whole way the decision played out. you are known by the company you keep.

You just said This is a business right? well CP just made very unprofessional move.

Why you talkin about bums like Harrington? It was never the goal to win last season or before so cohesiveness with that Knicks team was irrelevant. I'm talking about these current players. If we trade them before a game is even played why would the remaining players on the team feel unwanted? Wouldn't they be playing for their jobs and to stay on the team to play with STAT and CP3? and then possibly Mello? If players are gonna be selfish and not play team ball cuz they think they're gonna be traded they didn't belong on the team to begin with.

As for Paul and his moves like I said anything he does is his choice. I believe he would have done the same without being affiliated with LRMR. He saw what LeBron just did, he sees the Hornets going backwards. He made a decision to benefit himself. Keep in mind none of these articles have quotes directly form Paul just sources. There hasn't been any crying and complaining in public from Chris Paul I don't kno where you're getting this from (not that he doesn't have the right to be upset with the Hornets). Players ask for trades all the time when they're unhappy, they threaten to leave when their contract is gonna be up when they see their organization not playing to get rings. Kobe did the same. This imo has nothing to do with that group. CP3 would've been doing this regardless. D-will basically implied he wasn't coming back to the Jazz a few days ago. If this is unprofessional, well GMs and owners have already gotten use to it.

I know Orlando would give up jameer and Vince for sure but I don't know who else. Orlando has alot of talent on their team. I wouldn't be surprised if they do land Paul. I really want Paul but at the same time I sure don't want okafor. A part of me doesn't want to trade gallo either. I got a feeling he will keep improving tremendously over the next couple of years. I don't even know who we would trade though. Probably gallo, Chandler, Douglas, and more.

I dong even want to speculate until something gets done. All I hope for is that the knicks are putting in alot of work to land Paul

I know Orlando would give up jameer and Vince for sure but I don't know who else. Orlando has alot of talent on their team. I wouldn't be surprised if they do land Paul. I really want Paul but at the same time I sure don't want okafor. A part of me doesn't want to trade gallo either. I got a feeling he will keep improving tremendously over the next couple of years. I don't even know who we would trade though. Probably gallo, Chandler, Douglas, and more.

I dong even want to speculate until something gets done. All I hope for is that the knicks are putting in alot of work to land Paul

That article aint nothing but a bias opinion and the talk of someone who got fooled by someone's false portrayal. Yall just seem mad that LeBron did what he wanted to do despite it contradicting past claims or an image he created to make money off of. A lot of ppl thought Bron was a nice guy before the decision, everybody wanted him on their team but now he's a coward and what not.

The SAME GOES FOR PAUL. None of yall know this dude. Maybe this is the real him. Maybe he's trying to direct where his career will go and take control of his life regardless of how he looks to ppl who do not matter in the long run?

I mean think about what yall suggesting compared to what I'm saying. Bron told Paul to do something so he did it, he and LRMR told him how to unprofessionally handle how he leaves the Hornets and he just did it cuz what? He thinks it'll work and everything will be fine? Where I'm saying Paul was always like this. He just saw LeBron do it and succeed so he's gonna follow suit down his own path where he gets what he wants. Whether he takes their suggestions his choice. Just like he chose to let LRMR represent him. You can't go blaming LeBron or LRMR for something Paul chose to do. He doesn't have to do everything they say. He's not an idiot.

This is where I make the distinction. As a Knicks fan I was angry LeBron didn't sign here. Changed my view on him a bit. I don't think he's the competitor I thought he was and he's not up to the challenge of beating other stars or the pressure that Cleveland applied to him or the greater amount NY would've. I don't like that they're playing ball in a football town on a team that are rivals of the Knicks. After that I couldn't care less. I don't think he's a coward or a traitor. I don't give a @#!! how he did Ohio dirty. It's Ohio.

Had those 3 players came to the Knicks I would've been happy and felt the Knicks deserved 2 superstars and Bosh. I would've celebrated every championship that team would win but they didn't so I hope they fail and never win anything. Let's not pretend we weren't all in here talking about a trio of Mello, Bron, and Amar'e. But anyway I moved on.

This whole influence and idea giving doesn't make CP3 some mindless drone that will do w/e they'll say. We all know NO is a football town after their SB win. We all know the Hornets organization is trying to save money and are not working towards a championship. Chris Paul should not hold his tongue because he's formed a bond with some of the ppl in NO or cuz he helped victims of Katrina. That's the same guilt talk that Cleveland fans pitched to keep LeBron and like LeBron said CP3 should do what's best for him. Paul aint been portraying himself as the chosen one or calling himself the greatest pg ever that'll lead the Hornets to a dozen championships. It doesn't matter how some ppl will view him in that regard cuz he's never been going around talking about he's the man and the guy that'll lead his team to the finals. So he leaves NO and maybe they have bad blood with him. Not every player that leaves a team gets cheered when he returns. That !#+# don't matter. Chris Paul is trying to play for championships not play for the acceptance of a city or fans of the NBA in general. All that would matter is the team he's playing for got love for him and NY would.

Same goes for Mello and Amar'e those guys have to grow in to leadership roles. They haven't been spending half a decade in the NBA perpetrating a fraud to their respective teams talking about being chosen ones. Not to mention the way we would acquire those 3 would be more like the way the Celtics got their 3.

And to that last post on the page with the quotes about not playing in NY that's all bollocks. Like cities that got all 4 seasons don't have star players that have won championships. Just sound like a bunch of bias __ > NY ppl trying to put us on the level of Cleveland. There's a lot more to gain playing in NY that'll outweigh the warm weather all year round in other cities. Sound like a bunch of clueless buffoons talking about the modern NBA player. The Knicks haven't been terrible the last decade because we can't stop it from snowing and being cold every winter or because players are too young to remember when the Knicks were good in the 90s.

That article aint nothing but a bias opinion and the talk of someone who got fooled by someone's false portrayal. Yall just seem mad that LeBron did what he wanted to do despite it contradicting past claims or an image he created to make money off of. A lot of ppl thought Bron was a nice guy before the decision, everybody wanted him on their team but now he's a coward and what not.

The SAME GOES FOR PAUL. None of yall know this dude. Maybe this is the real him. Maybe he's trying to direct where his career will go and take control of his life regardless of how he looks to ppl who do not matter in the long run?

I mean think about what yall suggesting compared to what I'm saying. Bron told Paul to do something so he did it, he and LRMR told him how to unprofessionally handle how he leaves the Hornets and he just did it cuz what? He thinks it'll work and everything will be fine? Where I'm saying Paul was always like this. He just saw LeBron do it and succeed so he's gonna follow suit down his own path where he gets what he wants. Whether he takes their suggestions his choice. Just like he chose to let LRMR represent him. You can't go blaming LeBron or LRMR for something Paul chose to do. He doesn't have to do everything they say. He's not an idiot.

This is where I make the distinction. As a Knicks fan I was angry LeBron didn't sign here. Changed my view on him a bit. I don't think he's the competitor I thought he was and he's not up to the challenge of beating other stars or the pressure that Cleveland applied to him or the greater amount NY would've. I don't like that they're playing ball in a football town on a team that are rivals of the Knicks. After that I couldn't care less. I don't think he's a coward or a traitor. I don't give a @#!! how he did Ohio dirty. It's Ohio.

Had those 3 players came to the Knicks I would've been happy and felt the Knicks deserved 2 superstars and Bosh. I would've celebrated every championship that team would win but they didn't so I hope they fail and never win anything. Let's not pretend we weren't all in here talking about a trio of Mello, Bron, and Amar'e. But anyway I moved on.

This whole influence and idea giving doesn't make CP3 some mindless drone that will do w/e they'll say. We all know NO is a football town after their SB win. We all know the Hornets organization is trying to save money and are not working towards a championship. Chris Paul should not hold his tongue because he's formed a bond with some of the ppl in NO or cuz he helped victims of Katrina. That's the same guilt talk that Cleveland fans pitched to keep LeBron and like LeBron said CP3 should do what's best for him. Paul aint been portraying himself as the chosen one or calling himself the greatest pg ever that'll lead the Hornets to a dozen championships. It doesn't matter how some ppl will view him in that regard cuz he's never been going around talking about he's the man and the guy that'll lead his team to the finals. So he leaves NO and maybe they have bad blood with him. Not every player that leaves a team gets cheered when he returns. That !#+# don't matter. Chris Paul is trying to play for championships not play for the acceptance of a city or fans of the NBA in general. All that would matter is the team he's playing for got love for him and NY would.

Same goes for Mello and Amar'e those guys have to grow in to leadership roles. They haven't been spending half a decade in the NBA perpetrating a fraud to their respective teams talking about being chosen ones. Not to mention the way we would acquire those 3 would be more like the way the Celtics got their 3.

And to that last post on the page with the quotes about not playing in NY that's all bollocks. Like cities that got all 4 seasons don't have star players that have won championships. Just sound like a bunch of bias __ > NY ppl trying to put us on the level of Cleveland. There's a lot more to gain playing in NY that'll outweigh the warm weather all year round in other cities. Sound like a bunch of clueless buffoons talking about the modern NBA player. The Knicks haven't been terrible the last decade because we can't stop it from snowing and being cold every winter or because players are too young to remember when the Knicks were good in the 90s.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

i'm suggesting that he was consulted by the people who he pays to advise him and took their bad advice. Not much of a stretch imo. he hired them for a reason. they don't have to tie him up and brainwash him, just all give him the same advice.

you say we don't know chris paul and that is true. But you go on to say he's not an idiot... how you know that? people thought lebron wasn't an idiot and then he dumped his home state on national television with a terrible PR stunt. these players aren't that smart dude. they live in a bubble, eat and sleep basketball. Most are not the most educated and perceptive people.

i'm suggesting that he was consulted by the people who he pays to advise him and took their bad advice. Not much of a stretch imo. he hired them for a reason. they don't have to tie him up and brainwash him, just all give him the same advice.

you say we don't know chris paul and that is true. But you go on to say he's not an idiot... how you know that? people thought lebron wasn't an idiot and then he dumped his home state on national television with a terrible PR stunt. these players aren't that smart dude. they live in a bubble, eat and sleep basketball. Most are not the most educated and perceptive people.

yeah...that article is even more complex than the film inception. alot of you guys fail to realize that the NBA is a pretty simple league. The simplest in my opinion. 5 or 6 teams competing for the last 30 years. It is ridiculous. The difference is-players used to have pride. Charles-Karl-Ewing- to those guys leaving their team was equivalent to failure. Now-adays players kick it with eachother during the off season, and befriend the top college players before they even reach the league.

That is why Kevin Durant is deserving of so much praise- he still holds on to the idea that HE is the best player, therefore cats can come play for him if they please. Paul has always been a humble dude in my opinion- this move is far less disheartening than the LeBron fiasco because Paul HAD a championship contender and his organization failed him. All this honor the contract bs is sickening, if the owners could disown them they could in a heartbeat.

Paul on a good team= WAY more $$$$$ for him and his family.

yeah...that article is even more complex than the film inception. alot of you guys fail to realize that the NBA is a pretty simple league. The simplest in my opinion. 5 or 6 teams competing for the last 30 years. It is ridiculous. The difference is-players used to have pride. Charles-Karl-Ewing- to those guys leaving their team was equivalent to failure. Now-adays players kick it with eachother during the off season, and befriend the top college players before they even reach the league.

That is why Kevin Durant is deserving of so much praise- he still holds on to the idea that HE is the best player, therefore cats can come play for him if they please. Paul has always been a humble dude in my opinion- this move is far less disheartening than the LeBron fiasco because Paul HAD a championship contender and his organization failed him. All this honor the contract bs is sickening, if the owners could disown them they could in a heartbeat.

Paul on a good team= WAY more $$$$$ for him and his family.

NO has doin squat to help him win. They have financial problems so they dont even bother with trades, signings

NO has doin squat to help him win. They have financial problems so they dont even bother with trades, signings

I said he's not an idiot to mindlessly follow what LeBron or LRMR says. The part about thinking of what decisions you can make and the outcomes of each one. I don't think Chris Paul is dumb enough to not think about these consequences. I'm saying he fully knows what the backlash will be and is okay with that. Just like LeBron. The backlash won't even be that big for Chris Paul once he goes to another team and time passes, especially if he wins multiple rings. He is not the first player in sports to be rumored to want a trade or to openly/publicly say they want to be traded.

LeBron wasn't an idiot for dumping his home state on national television. That didn't take away his endorsements or cost him any money. The PR stunt and the show was dumb though but he was going to nationally televise his choice regardless just like Wade and Bosh. ESPN is a nationally televised syndication. If ppl don't like him and boo him, say he ruined his legacy, image, etc. That's not much of a consequence, so what if ppl call him the bad guy. He cost himself billions by not going to NY but he put getting rings with Wade and Bosh over that for the time being. The show didn't cost him anything but the place he decided to go hurt his brand.

I said he's not an idiot to mindlessly follow what LeBron or LRMR says. The part about thinking of what decisions you can make and the outcomes of each one. I don't think Chris Paul is dumb enough to not think about these consequences. I'm saying he fully knows what the backlash will be and is okay with that. Just like LeBron. The backlash won't even be that big for Chris Paul once he goes to another team and time passes, especially if he wins multiple rings. He is not the first player in sports to be rumored to want a trade or to openly/publicly say they want to be traded.

LeBron wasn't an idiot for dumping his home state on national television. That didn't take away his endorsements or cost him any money. The PR stunt and the show was dumb though but he was going to nationally televise his choice regardless just like Wade and Bosh. ESPN is a nationally televised syndication. If ppl don't like him and boo him, say he ruined his legacy, image, etc. That's not much of a consequence, so what if ppl call him the bad guy. He cost himself billions by not going to NY but he put getting rings with Wade and Bosh over that for the time being. The show didn't cost him anything but the place he decided to go hurt his brand.

Back
Top Bottom