**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

John Salmons just signed a five year deal with the Bucks, maybe you're thinking of someone else?
nerd.gif

Richardson has been relatively injury free pretty much his entire career, he's solid to get you 15-20 points, but outside of that, not much.

Danilo is a safer option, IMO.

Ik probably the lone 1% but I really hope we don't trade for cp3. I don't care if he's top 5 pg in the league. I don't want us to have to deal with okafor's contract. I'd rather we wait and get Tony Parker if it means we don't have to destroy our roster. Cp3 coming here with okafor is not going to make us the team to beat. So it's not worth it when we can just wait for Parker and give up nothing. It's clear as blue skies that Tony Parker is not going to resign with San Antonio since the spurs are so high on hill and want to start him.

Dantoni doesn't like to use a big rotation so I won't be surprised if we do end up destroying our roster. I don't even know what to think. I'm not talking about anything anymore until something gets done.

If Paul really wants to win a ring right now he should go to Orlando.

Paul
---
Lewis
okafor
dwight

if Dwight learns how sone post offense it would be a wrap. Too bad superman is really superbuns when it comes to the post up. moving Lewis back to the 3 would really help Orlando though. But I just don't see Orlando getting a deal done with new Orleans. NO isn't going to want jameer. So all Orlando has is bass, gortat, pietrus and Carter. Not very attractive in my opinion.

Come Monday, after Paul meets with the hornets I bet he stays put and this was all to have people talking

Ik probably the lone 1% but I really hope we don't trade for cp3. I don't care if he's top 5 pg in the league. I don't want us to have to deal with okafor's contract. I'd rather we wait and get Tony Parker if it means we don't have to destroy our roster. Cp3 coming here with okafor is not going to make us the team to beat. So it's not worth it when we can just wait for Parker and give up nothing. It's clear as blue skies that Tony Parker is not going to resign with San Antonio since the spurs are so high on hill and want to start him.

Dantoni doesn't like to use a big rotation so I won't be surprised if we do end up destroying our roster. I don't even know what to think. I'm not talking about anything anymore until something gets done.

If Paul really wants to win a ring right now he should go to Orlando.

Paul
---
Lewis
okafor
dwight

if Dwight learns how sone post offense it would be a wrap. Too bad superman is really superbuns when it comes to the post up. moving Lewis back to the 3 would really help Orlando though. But I just don't see Orlando getting a deal done with new Orleans. NO isn't going to want jameer. So all Orlando has is bass, gortat, pietrus and Carter. Not very attractive in my opinion.

Come Monday, after Paul meets with the hornets I bet he stays put and this was all to have people talking

This monkey is really starting to leave a mark in the NBA
smh.gif

[h2]LeBron Advised Paul To Request Trade[/h2]
Jul 25, 2010 10:19 AM EST

noh_40.gif
LeBron James continues to put his fingerprints on the NBA's most-hyped offseason in history.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote on his Twitter page Saturday that James suggested that Hornets point guard Chris Paul request a trade.

However, Windhorst added that James is urging Paul to stay in the Western Conference to make for a better rivalry.

There have been conflicting reports as to whether Paul is being represented by LeBron's business and marketing firm.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0uhkUM8If

This monkey is really starting to leave a mark in the NBA
smh.gif

[h2]LeBron Advised Paul To Request Trade[/h2]
Jul 25, 2010 10:19 AM EST

noh_40.gif
LeBron James continues to put his fingerprints on the NBA's most-hyped offseason in history.

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote on his Twitter page Saturday that James suggested that Hornets point guard Chris Paul request a trade.

However, Windhorst added that James is urging Paul to stay in the Western Conference to make for a better rivalry.

There have been conflicting reports as to whether Paul is being represented by LeBron's business and marketing firm.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0uhkUM8If

1. Where's the Suns team that went to the finals?

2. It's Melo

3. I think Omeka would make the knocks better. He rebounds and plays D. Then we can put Stat at the 4. And I'd like to keep Bukie (sp?) I think he'll be a stud in our system

2. It's Melo

3. I think Omeka would make the knocks better. He rebounds and plays D. Then we can put Stat at the 4. And I'd like to keep Bukie (sp?) I think he'll be a stud in our system

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

2. It's Melo

sick.gif

His contract will def. hurt us if we take him.

He's on the books through 2013-2014.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

2. It's Melo

sick.gif

His contract will def. hurt us if we take him.

He's on the books through 2013-2014.

I can honestly see the hornets forcing Paul to play this year and then trading him at the deadline next year. The hornets owner is trying to sell the team, and trading away a franchise player, and arguably the best pg in the game will not help their cause. Chris Paul really has no leverage. He can't threaten the hornets to sit out because the NBA has rules to prevent it. In the end of the day Paul has no leverage until next year at the deadline when the hornets have the option of letting him go for nothing in the offseason or getting pieces/cap relief in a trade. Until then the hornets can use him to put butts in seats and help sell their team.

And I still think cp3 is a *%%*% for this move considering he chose to go for the payday and signed a long term contract. He's got plenty of prime years left to worry ab contending for and winning a ring.

I can honestly see the hornets forcing Paul to play this year and then trading him at the deadline next year. The hornets owner is trying to sell the team, and trading away a franchise player, and arguably the best pg in the game will not help their cause. Chris Paul really has no leverage. He can't threaten the hornets to sit out because the NBA has rules to prevent it. In the end of the day Paul has no leverage until next year at the deadline when the hornets have the option of letting him go for nothing in the offseason or getting pieces/cap relief in a trade. Until then the hornets can use him to put butts in seats and help sell their team.

And I still think cp3 is a *%%*% for this move considering he chose to go for the payday and signed a long term contract. He's got plenty of prime years left to worry ab contending for and winning a ring.

My bad on the typo. Posting from my phone and on the throne. I'll take his contract because there's no guarantee we'd be able to land Melo. We played wait and see with Lebronda, don't want to do that with Melo. Stat play better help D than face up D, so Omeka will help us solidify the 5,4, and 1 spot. But that's just my opinion.

My bad on the typo. Posting from my phone and on the throne. I'll take his contract because there's no guarantee we'd be able to land Melo. We played wait and see with Lebronda, don't want to do that with Melo. Stat play better help D than face up D, so Omeka will help us solidify the 5,4, and 1 spot. But that's just my opinion.

Melo is not the only free agent that is good next year.

This is probably my smartest post yet, but i rather wait and see and let the money attract someone next year.

Someone wants to get paid, and someone will take a great offer from the knicks next yr free agency.

Melo is not the only free agent that is good next year.

This is probably my smartest post yet, but i rather wait and see and let the money attract someone next year.

Someone wants to get paid, and someone will take a great offer from the knicks next yr free agency.

Does a 29 year old Tony Parker (age he'll be when the 2011 season starts) really help the Knicks build towards a title contender though?

Does a 29 year old Tony Parker (age he'll be when the 2011 season starts) really help the Knicks build towards a title contender though?

Well, he does bring championship experience...

and you're not the only one knowledgable. if we're really going to give up that many pieces for CP, i rather stay put.

and you're not the only one knowledgable. if we're really going to give up that many pieces for CP, i rather stay put.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Exactly, i feel we are losing way to much talent just for 2 players. Everyone on the knicks is superstar material. Just give them a chance to grow. Perfect example is gallo. I remember everyone including myself that drafting gallo was a horrible pick and idea,,,but look how he proved us wrong, Arguably one of the best 3 pt shooters today and still have a lot to grow. I think in this trade we would have the losing end of the deal.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Nope.

He's better than Felton, but TP alone isn't putting us atop the East.  Depending on how much he asks for he could be an upgrade, but I'm content in seeing how Felton does before I start planning on Parker.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Nope.

He's better than Felton, but TP alone isn't putting us atop the East.  Depending on how much he asks for he could be an upgrade, but I'm content in seeing how Felton does before I start planning on Parker.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Exactly, i feel we are losing way to much talent just for 2 players. Everyone on the knicks is superstar material. Just give them a chance to grow. Perfect example is gallo. I remember everyone including myself that drafting gallo was a horrible pick and idea,,,but look how he proved us wrong, Arguably one of the best 3 pt shooters today and still have a lot to grow. I think in this trade we would have the losing end of the deal.

Back
Top Bottom