**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

I think it'd have to be a 3 way deal in order to make it work out the most, but who would want to help out the knicks, and take on okafor as well? (no sarcasm.)

If anything, i'd be glad if they didnt take both buike and turiaf. I love these two guys, and the amount of hustle they'd bring (assuming CP could be traded here) would be
pimp.gif

If anything, i think something COULD happen by the trade deadline since i'd expect Felton to be moved to the 3rd team, to make room for CP and make it easier for contracts to match as well.

I think it'd have to be a 3 way deal in order to make it work out the most, but who would want to help out the knicks, and take on okafor as well? (no sarcasm.)

If anything, i'd be glad if they didnt take both buike and turiaf. I love these two guys, and the amount of hustle they'd bring (assuming CP could be traded here) would be
pimp.gif

If anything, i think something COULD happen by the trade deadline since i'd expect Felton to be moved to the 3rd team, to make room for CP and make it easier for contracts to match as well.

How far under the cap are you guys right now? If a third team got involved, that team would have to unload an expiring and get something in-return from the Knicks. There's no way the Hornets are going to go giving away anything they don't want to other than large contracts.

In order to get another team involved, the Knicks would have to give up more talent in the long run, wouldn't it?
nerd.gif

I agree though, Buike and Turiaf are both very good pieces, and they would fit well regardless of who's running the point.

I'm just kind of lost because of Felton being signed. A third team getting involved is probably what it would take.

It's a damn rarity these days to see a three-team trade.

Like the dumbasses in Toronto, people can't even get the numbers right for Matt fricking Barnes,
laugh.gif

You really think someone would take on Okafor's contract? The only teams I can see taking on Okafor's disgusting contract is if they're getting Paul also. That was the whole reason I came in enemy territory (
laugh.gif
) asking about this trade, because I knew the numbers were off. I don't know, maybe someone wants to take the chance on Okafor, but I don't see it at all.

How far under the cap are you guys right now? If a third team got involved, that team would have to unload an expiring and get something in-return from the Knicks. There's no way the Hornets are going to go giving away anything they don't want to other than large contracts.

In order to get another team involved, the Knicks would have to give up more talent in the long run, wouldn't it?
nerd.gif

I agree though, Buike and Turiaf are both very good pieces, and they would fit well regardless of who's running the point.

I'm just kind of lost because of Felton being signed. A third team getting involved is probably what it would take.

It's a damn rarity these days to see a three-team trade.

Like the dumbasses in Toronto, people can't even get the numbers right for Matt fricking Barnes,
laugh.gif

You really think someone would take on Okafor's contract? The only teams I can see taking on Okafor's disgusting contract is if they're getting Paul also. That was the whole reason I came in enemy territory (
laugh.gif
) asking about this trade, because I knew the numbers were off. I don't know, maybe someone wants to take the chance on Okafor, but I don't see it at all.

If the opportunity really is there, the Knicks need to trade for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor immediately. Paul is a top 5-7 player in the NBA that could turn the franchise around with Amare Stoudemire. Okafor's contract is a killer, but he compliments Stoudemire the same way Robin Lopez did this past season.Now the Knicks won't be title contenders next season, but it's a great foundation to build towards one in the coming years.

And I understand the intrigue of Melo, but waiting for him is a giant risk just like LeBron. He has an entire year (June 30, 2011) to sign that extension. He's already shown once he will take security over uncertainty. I do think he wants to be in New York but it's too much of a financial risk for him to test free agency in 2011 with a looming lockout and CBA.

Using my trade scenario from a few pages ago (Paul and Okafor for Curry, Randolph, Chandler, Turiaf and Azubuike) the depth chart would be something like:

Okafor/Mozgov
Stoudemire/
Gallinari/Fields
Walker/Douglas/Rautins
Paul/Felton (trade him when he's eligible)

Round out the roster with a couple of the remaining free agents on the market this summer and hope for a decent player to be bought-out in February and that's an intriguing roster of talent going forward.

If the opportunity really is there, the Knicks need to trade for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor immediately. Paul is a top 5-7 player in the NBA that could turn the franchise around with Amare Stoudemire. Okafor's contract is a killer, but he compliments Stoudemire the same way Robin Lopez did this past season.Now the Knicks won't be title contenders next season, but it's a great foundation to build towards one in the coming years.

And I understand the intrigue of Melo, but waiting for him is a giant risk just like LeBron. He has an entire year (June 30, 2011) to sign that extension. He's already shown once he will take security over uncertainty. I do think he wants to be in New York but it's too much of a financial risk for him to test free agency in 2011 with a looming lockout and CBA.

Using my trade scenario from a few pages ago (Paul and Okafor for Curry, Randolph, Chandler, Turiaf and Azubuike) the depth chart would be something like:

Okafor/Mozgov
Stoudemire/
Gallinari/Fields
Walker/Douglas/Rautins

Round out the roster with a couple of the remaining free agents on the market this summer and hope for a decent player to be bought-out in February and that's an intriguing roster of talent going forward.

I just realized that Gallo, Douglas, Walker, Randolph, all have a Team option after this upcoming season

Eddy Curry is a $11.2M expiring
Chandler has a $3M Qualifying offer

Thats hella loot.. If everything goes well with the CBA and we dont trade for CP3.

Can we sign Parker and Melo... Then pick up all our options?

I think you could go over the cap if the team decide to pick up your option.. correct?

So if we stay put...
pimp.gif
Correct me if im wrong.. Not bein sarcastic either

And if Knicks fans would rather have Toney Douglas start than Raymond Felton, well they must really like never being in the playoffs.
laugh.gif

I just realized that Gallo, Douglas, Walker, Randolph, all have a Team option after this upcoming season

Eddy Curry is a $11.2M expiring
Chandler has a $3M Qualifying offer

Thats hella loot.. If everything goes well with the CBA and we dont trade for CP3.

Can we sign Parker and Melo... Then pick up all our options?

I think you could go over the cap if the team decide to pick up your option.. correct?

So if we stay put...
pimp.gif
Correct me if im wrong.. Not bein sarcastic either

And if Knicks fans would rather have Toney Douglas start than Raymond Felton, well they must really like never being in the playoffs.
laugh.gif

Why would we sign Tony Parker when we signed Raymond Felton instead.

And I don't believe so, I think team options count as a cap hold against the salary cap and in order to have the max available space you have to renounce the options to your players.

Why would we sign Tony Parker when we signed Raymond Felton instead.

And I don't believe so, I think team options count as a cap hold against the salary cap and in order to have the max available space you have to renounce the options to your players.

Which year is not guaranteed for Felton.. second or third?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Okafor/Mozgov
Stoudemire/
Gallinari/Fields
Walker/Douglas/Rautins

I wouldn't be mad if we ended up with this lineup.. We would most likely be playing the Heats every year in the ECF for the next couple years. But can we beat them with that lineup?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Okafor/Mozgov
Stoudemire/
Gallinari/Fields
Walker/Douglas/Rautins

I wouldn't be mad if we ended up with this lineup.. We would most likely be playing the Heats every year in the ECF for the next couple years. But can we beat them with that lineup?

Correct. That's why the Heat couldn't sign whoever they wanted to, and then sign Wade to go over the cap. The cap hold is in place and they cannot re-sign them if they are over the cap, thus having to renounce said player.

Using my trade scenario from a few pages ago (Paul and Okafor for Curry, Randolph, Chandler, Turiaf and Azubuike)

That's pretty much what I was thinking of, but do you think the Hornets would want Turiaf? Give up Danilo? And is Randolph and expirings enough? I was kind of under the assumption they'd give up both Danilo and Randolph, is that not the case?

But I agree with you NaS, I'd give up on the Carmelo idea and just go after a guy you can at least try to acquire.

Third

Correct. That's why the Heat couldn't sign whoever they wanted to, and then sign Wade to go over the cap. The cap hold is in place and they cannot re-sign them if they are over the cap, thus having to renounce said player.

Using my trade scenario from a few pages ago (Paul and Okafor for Curry, Randolph, Chandler, Turiaf and Azubuike)

That's pretty much what I was thinking of, but do you think the Hornets would want Turiaf? Give up Danilo? And is Randolph and expirings enough? I was kind of under the assumption they'd give up both Danilo and Randolph, is that not the case?

But I agree with you NaS, I'd give up on the Carmelo idea and just go after a guy you can at least try to acquire.

Third

^The 3rd year is not guaranteed I think.

@Big J We'd sign TP cuz he's better than Felton in every category except youth. Felton's contract is synonymous with trade-able. I mean if he stays with us all season and plays good we could actually trade him for a good sg we've been needing or for more cap space.

@JA21 the money can work out. There's been a few trade scenarios presented in the past few pages but they completely rape out roster and would only benefit NO in that almost all the players going to them have contracts coming off the books after that season. Considering their knowledge of what we could give I don't expect them to think they can ask for every contract assuming they could get a better deal cap space wise. So I think it'd be Gallo or Randolph not both. I've said we should do w/e it takes to get Paul but parting with Gallo is something I think wouldn't be so smart. None of us want Okafor but that's just something we'd have to deal with since a 3 team deal is unlikely. I mean only thing we get out of that is him and Amar'e playing well off each other but that aint guarantee and we really don't want to take his contract. It's just ridiculous.

But we do have a lot of cap space next summer so if this trade doesn't happen we'd have plenty money to spend.

Just asking if we did trade Randolph or Gallo couldn't we just resign them since they're contracts are up after this season? I'm pretty sure it's been done before. Not to say it's a lock they'd want to come back but somebody like Gallo just seems like he wants to be in NY.

^The 3rd year is not guaranteed I think.

@Big J We'd sign TP cuz he's better than Felton in every category except youth. Felton's contract is synonymous with trade-able. I mean if he stays with us all season and plays good we could actually trade him for a good sg we've been needing or for more cap space.

@JA21 the money can work out. There's been a few trade scenarios presented in the past few pages but they completely rape out roster and would only benefit NO in that almost all the players going to them have contracts coming off the books after that season. Considering their knowledge of what we could give I don't expect them to think they can ask for every contract assuming they could get a better deal cap space wise. So I think it'd be Gallo or Randolph not both. I've said we should do w/e it takes to get Paul but parting with Gallo is something I think wouldn't be so smart. None of us want Okafor but that's just something we'd have to deal with since a 3 team deal is unlikely. I mean only thing we get out of that is him and Amar'e playing well off each other but that aint guarantee and we really don't want to take his contract. It's just ridiculous.

But we do have a lot of cap space next summer so if this trade doesn't happen we'd have plenty money to spend.

Just asking if we did trade Randolph or Gallo couldn't we just resign them since they're contracts are up after this season? I'm pretty sure it's been done before. Not to say it's a lock they'd want to come back but somebody like Gallo just seems like he wants to be in NY.

It seems like there isn't a reality of having Melo, Paul, and Amare then?

If a trade doesn't work out, other than Melo, there are some nice pieces that New York could pick up...

Al Horford (R), Joakim (R), Leon Powe, Caron Butler, Stuckey (R), Brooks (R), Troy Murphy, Marc Gasol (R), Jeff Green (R), Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Parker, AK47.

A TON of the guys who are up for grabs are restricted though, and we really don't know the impact the new CBA will have.

It seems like there isn't a reality of having Melo, Paul, and Amare then?

If a trade doesn't work out, other than Melo, there are some nice pieces that New York could pick up...

Al Horford (R), Joakim (R), Leon Powe, Caron Butler, Stuckey (R), Brooks (R), Troy Murphy, Marc Gasol (R), Jeff Green (R), Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Parker, AK47.

A TON of the guys who are up for grabs are restricted though, and we really don't know the impact the new CBA will have.

It being unlikely was pretty clear for Knicks fans just looking at the money. This was never gonna work perfectly like with Bron, Wade, and Bosh.

The only way we could get those 2 is if the Nuggets were gonna trade and even then they'd wouldn't be taking anything of value except draft picks if we've already made the Paul deal. Paul just wants to get out NO so he's been pushing that agenda of going to the Knicks with that trio.

PPL forget now but Amar'e was originally talking about getting Tony Parker and Melo here which seems more likely if he's talked with both of them and they've told him they want to be here and that can actually happen next year just looking at it from our ability to sign them. If Amar'e has that inside info with Melo then signing them both appears to be more probable than CP3 with Melo on the Knicks.

My whole thing is we can't bank on who's a FA next summer with the new CBA and should try to get a deal for one of the league's best pgs if we can now without losing the entire roster but Okafor $$*+@ that up but maybe Amar'e told Walsh and Allan something. I'd like for somebody to get a quote from him just to get a feel for anything he may hint at subtly. If he says he's ready to go with this current team or that Ray Felton is the Knicks pg and just politely says he'd love CP here I'd think he prefers TP.

Only other guy I would look to get is Richardson in that FA market. I'd like a good center if our rookies don't work out but other than a chance at Gasol I doubt those pfs want to come here and be a c for Amar'e sake.

It being unlikely was pretty clear for Knicks fans just looking at the money. This was never gonna work perfectly like with Bron, Wade, and Bosh.

The only way we could get those 2 is if the Nuggets were gonna trade and even then they'd wouldn't be taking anything of value except draft picks if we've already made the Paul deal. Paul just wants to get out NO so he's been pushing that agenda of going to the Knicks with that trio.

PPL forget now but Amar'e was originally talking about getting Tony Parker and Melo here which seems more likely if he's talked with both of them and they've told him they want to be here and that can actually happen next year just looking at it from our ability to sign them. If Amar'e has that inside info with Melo then signing them both appears to be more probable than CP3 with Melo on the Knicks.

My whole thing is we can't bank on who's a FA next summer with the new CBA and should try to get a deal for one of the league's best pgs if we can now without losing the entire roster but Okafor $$*+@ that up but maybe Amar'e told Walsh and Allan something. I'd like for somebody to get a quote from him just to get a feel for anything he may hint at subtly. If he says he's ready to go with this current team or that Ray Felton is the Knicks pg and just politely says he'd love CP here I'd think he prefers TP.

Only other guy I would look to get is Richardson in that FA market. I'd like a good center if our rookies don't work out but other than a chance at Gasol I doubt those pfs want to come here and be a c for Amar'e sake.

I think the asking price for Jason Richardson would be high. Not because he's worth it, but because he's earned so much in the past. I'm thinking Richard Jefferson-esque, especially if he has another year like last year.

And as a fan of his, he's not worth 10-12 million a year, he won't put anyone over the top. A nice piece on the scheme of things yes, but he's a pricey piece.

I think the asking price for Jason Richardson would be high. Not because he's worth it, but because he's earned so much in the past. I'm thinking Richard Jefferson-esque, especially if he has another year like last year.

And as a fan of his, he's not worth 10-12 million a year, he won't put anyone over the top. A nice piece on the scheme of things yes, but he's a pricey piece.

I can't even believe the Spurs signed that idiot back.

I'd be fine with Jason if he was a couple years older but with how long he's been in the league a 4 year deal would be a bit much. It'd be no different than trading for Okafor.

I noticed there's not a whole lot in next summers market so trades would be the way to go if we don't have a solidified sg by then.

Is John Salmons a restricted FA?

I can't even believe the Spurs signed that idiot back.

I'd be fine with Jason if he was a couple years older but with how long he's been in the league a 4 year deal would be a bit much. It'd be no different than trading for Okafor.

I noticed there's not a whole lot in next summers market so trades would be the way to go if we don't have a solidified sg by then.

Is John Salmons a restricted FA?

John Salmons just signed a five year deal with the Bucks, maybe you're thinking of someone else?
nerd.gif

Richardson has been relatively injury free pretty much his entire career, he's solid to get you 15-20 points, but outside of that, not much.

Danilo is a safer option, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom