**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

For all you CBA experts, is there a timetable as to how long the lockout could potentially last? I mean...we still did get 50 games in 99'.

Also...in reference to Melo...

What's so different about the money now and after the lockout? It's Carmelo Anthony, for him...the money is gonna be there regardless.

Could just be lookin' at this wrong, help me out folks...

For all you CBA experts, is there a timetable as to how long the lockout could potentially last? I mean...we still did get 50 games in 99'.

What's so different about the money now and after the lockout? It's Carmelo Anthony, for him...the money is gonna be there regardless.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

He's a superstar, he wants to get paid. The extension is a nice offer, 3 yrs 65mil. I wouldnt be mad if he took that money. But if he didn't you can clearly tell he wants to go somewhere else where theirs more money.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

He's a superstar, he wants to get paid. The extension is a nice offer, 3 yrs 65mil. I wouldnt be mad if he took that money. But if he didn't you can clearly tell he wants to go somewhere else where theirs more money.

Yea that's one thing I wasn't sure bout..

Will Melo contract still be on the table after the CBA is in place?

Because the offer was there bedew the CBA.. I'm guessing it should still be there.

Yea that's one thing I wasn't sure bout..

Will Melo contract still be on the table after the CBA is in place?

Because the offer was there bedew the CBA.. I'm guessing it should still be there.

You guys dont get it. Melo's contract expires after this season, which is when the new CBA comes on. No one is allowed to sign any contracts until the CBA makes a new one. They're planning on cutting the amount of max years (sounds good) and max money a FA can get (also good in terms of having players like Curry getting free paydays).

Melo isnt going to see anything close to that money if he doesnt sign that extension. Yeah, he really wants to leave, but can he really leave all that money on the table? the ball isnt in his hands like most of you think.

You guys dont get it. Melo's contract expires after this season, which is when the new CBA comes on. No one is allowed to sign any contracts until the CBA makes a new one. They're planning on cutting the amount of max years (sounds good) and max money a FA can get (also good in terms of having players like Curry getting free paydays).

Melo isnt going to see anything close to that money if he doesnt sign that extension. Yeah, he really wants to leave, but can he really leave all that money on the table? the ball isnt in his hands like most of you think.

We've already seen three superstars take pay cuts to reach their target team. I don't see why Melo wouldn't do the same thing, especially with his wife wanting to move to NY for her career.

if there is a lockout players don't get paid right? so it's not like signing now guarantees him money for that time span anyway. i think it's more the uncertainty of a what a max contract would be under the new CBA, but i don't see anything changing for the mega star players besides possibly length of contract.

if lebron keeps playing around i wonder if the refs will stop giving him all the BS calls. He would have to relearn how to play basketball, it would be hilarious.

We've already seen three superstars take pay cuts to reach their target team. I don't see why Melo wouldn't do the same thing, especially with his wife wanting to move to NY for her career.

if there is a lockout players don't get paid right? so it's not like signing now guarantees him money for that time span anyway. i think it's more the uncertainty of a what a max contract would be under the new CBA, but i don't see anything changing for the mega star players besides possibly length of contract.

if lebron keeps playing around i wonder if the refs will stop giving him all the BS calls. He would have to relearn how to play basketball, it would be hilarious.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

because if sterin does what he wants with the CBA melo pay cut would be like 30 million. and she already had them move to LA.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

because if sterin does what he wants with the CBA melo pay cut would be like 30 million. and she already had them move to LA.

IDK anything about the CBA, but the salary cap for the 10-11 season was supposed to be lower than we thought. After the ratings for the playoffs.  The salary cap was higher than most expected.

Would that relate to the new CBA not being much of a difference as it is now?

IDK anything about the CBA, but the salary cap for the 10-11 season was supposed to be lower than we thought. After the ratings for the playoffs.  The salary cap was higher than most expected.

Would that relate to the new CBA not being much of a difference as it is now?

true, it's about the gimmick for the next terrible 2k basketball game which is still gonna be full of bugs

Taking a pay cut in NYC is an entirely different beast than taking a pay cut in MIA. Beyond just the state tax. certain players they could make a good chunk back in endorsements but still the cost of living here is nuts even if you're rich

i honestly think mello is sick and tired of being the forgotten one of that draft class. Coming here would blow up his name and give him the respect he deserves. but yeah it's more likely somehow the fear of the new CBA will screw us over. we are the knicks we don't get lucky.

soon there will be a story about lebron's advice telling him to sign that extension lolol. cmon mello you would be nuts to play for less money! stay in denver for the rivalry! think of what's good for the NBA

true, it's about the gimmick for the next terrible 2k basketball game which is still gonna be full of bugs

Taking a pay cut in NYC is an entirely different beast than taking a pay cut in MIA. Beyond just the state tax. certain players they could make a good chunk back in endorsements but still the cost of living here is nuts even if you're rich

i honestly think mello is sick and tired of being the forgotten one of that draft class. Coming here would blow up his name and give him the respect he deserves. but yeah it's more likely somehow the fear of the new CBA will screw us over. we are the knicks we don't get lucky.

soon there will be a story about lebron's advice telling him to sign that extension lolol. cmon mello you would be nuts to play for less money! stay in denver for the rivalry! think of what's good for the NBA

Back
Top Bottom