**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

That's awesome.

I'm slightly tempted to check out Live/Elite but that alone might keep me with 2K

elite looks real good im not gonna front. I think elite is going to get my money and then ima rent 2k11...maybe vice versa.

elite looks real good im not gonna front. I think elite is going to get my money and then ima rent 2k11...maybe vice versa.

it's cool to see MJ and all those great team like the knicks.... but i'm not falling for this. *** the bugs first and then add the icing on the cake. i will give it a rent this time around. I don't want to see pat riley on the sidelines either. i would love to play with clyde and reed

The fan base in NewYork is active - and they care. Even though the Knicks won a lacklustertwenty-nine games last season, they still had the fifth highestattendance in the NBA. Adding the talents of Amar'e Stoudemire, theKnicks are already sold out of their season tickets.

James Dolan (left), the fourteen year owner of the Knicks, does notneed to sell fans on another star. While CP3 is a marketable player,New York doesn't need to push the button once too many. Given two orthree years, Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph may have the abilityto become "homegrown marketable," instead of "acquired marketable."

From a business perspective, New York is set.

Aren't you intrigued how far number eight can push himself? Don'tyou want to see Randolph attack the boards vigorously throughout theseason? Are you interested seeing how far Ronny Turiaf can push himselfas a potential starter?

To many in the Knick community, the answer is yes - to all of those questions.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that was the rare excellent article. i've been fine with not getting CP since this rumor came out. Just not willing to give up every single one of our young players.

i think mello is way more realistic and we wouldn't need to give up nearly as much. i don't understand why he hasn't signed the contract yet

it's cool to see MJ and all those great team like the knicks.... but i'm not falling for this. *** the bugs first and then add the icing on the cake. i will give it a rent this time around. I don't want to see pat riley on the sidelines either. i would love to play with clyde and reed

The fan base in NewYork is active - and they care. Even though the Knicks won a lacklustertwenty-nine games last season, they still had the fifth highestattendance in the NBA. Adding the talents of Amar'e Stoudemire, theKnicks are already sold out of their season tickets.

James Dolan (left), the fourteen year owner of the Knicks, does notneed to sell fans on another star. While CP3 is a marketable player,New York doesn't need to push the button once too many. Given two orthree years, Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph may have the abilityto become "homegrown marketable," instead of "acquired marketable."

From a business perspective, New York is set.

Aren't you intrigued how far number eight can push himself? Don'tyou want to see Randolph attack the boards vigorously throughout theseason? Are you interested seeing how far Ronny Turiaf can push himselfas a potential starter?

To many in the Knick community, the answer is yes - to all of those questions.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that was the rare excellent article. i've been fine with not getting CP since this rumor came out. Just not willing to give up every single one of our young players.

i think mello is way more realistic and we wouldn't need to give up nearly as much. i don't understand why he hasn't signed the contract yet

to be fair, melo has ALOT of time to make that decision and its not like denver is going to take their offer back no matter what. the ball is in melo's court and hes got months to decide, no need to rush it.

to be fair, melo has ALOT of time to make that decision and its not like denver is going to take their offer back no matter what. the ball is in melo's court and hes got months to decide, no need to rush it.

i usually cop 2k every year and it doesn't improve that much besides roster updates so i was thinking of passing this year... i want to cop on black friday for the low but i might have to cop on release day now....

i usually cop 2k every year and it doesn't improve that much besides roster updates so i was thinking of passing this year... i want to cop on black friday for the low but i might have to cop on release day now....

After thinking it through, I much rather pass on CP3, keep our talent/youth/potential and get melo next year. I'm too excited to see how this team does to even care about CP3 in the orange and blue at this point.

After thinking it through, I much rather pass on CP3, keep our talent/youth/potential and get melo next year. I'm too excited to see how this team does to even care about CP3 in the orange and blue at this point.

The thing is, ive been reading Melo wants to get long term security before the CBA kicks in, and the only way to do that is by signing that extension.

Denver would never trade Melo IMO.

The thing is, ive been reading Melo wants to get long term security before the CBA kicks in, and the only way to do that is by signing that extension.

Denver would never trade Melo IMO.

if he was bugging about long term security that much he would have signed the contract already. it's been weeks. He may want them to add more years to the offer.

denver would 100% trade mello if he isn't signed at the deadline after seeing what happened to CLE and TOR

if he was bugging about long term security that much he would have signed the contract already. it's been weeks. He may want them to add more years to the offer.

denver would 100% trade mello if he isn't signed at the deadline after seeing what happened to CLE and TOR

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Agreed. The only way I would trade for Paul and take Okafor's contract is if we keep Gallo and Randolph. I don't see that happening, we would probably have to lose both.
Not to mention, I like Raymond. I would to see his speed being used in this offense and if CP3 wants to continue this premadonna parade and not just wait his contract out we don't need him. Just resign Felton for cheaper if it works out.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Agreed. The only way I would trade for Paul and take Okafor's contract is if we keep Gallo and Randolph. I don't see that happening, we would probably have to lose both.
Not to mention, I like Raymond. I would to see his speed being used in this offense and if CP3 wants to continue this premadonna parade and not just wait his contract out we don't need him. Just resign Felton for cheaper if it works out.

CP3 ain't coming to NY. And for what we've have to give up to get him for two years, it's not worth it. If Melo wants to endure more years as a Nugget - which he isn't happy about - in fear of not getting the most money, then let him stay in Denver and continue to lose.

I like the team we have now and although we're not a contender, a lower-half seed is a real possibility. With a talented, athletic frontline, a bonafide 3pt threat, tougher defenders, and a true PG who doesn't need 13-15 shots, the Knicks are looking a lot like the early-decade Sacramento Kings. I'm excited. F CP3. F Melo. Go Knicks. See y'all during preseason.

CP3 ain't coming to NY. And for what we've have to give up to get him for two years, it's not worth it. If Melo wants to endure more years as a Nugget - which he isn't happy about - in fear of not getting the most money, then let him stay in Denver and continue to lose.

I like the team we have now and although we're not a contender, a lower-half seed is a real possibility. With a talented, athletic frontline, a bonafide 3pt threat, tougher defenders, and a true PG who doesn't need 13-15 shots, the Knicks are looking a lot like the early-decade Sacramento Kings. I'm excited. F CP3. F Melo. Go Knicks. See y'all during preseason.

When Karl Malone goes into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame on Aug. 13, he will be presented by boyhood hero Willis Reed.Presenters must be already enshrined in the Hall of Fame, so most Utah Jazz fans probably assumed that John Stockton or Jerry Sloan would do the honors for Malone. Instead, Malone said Friday that he has asked Reed, the former New York Knick star who is from Malone’s home state of Louisiana to present him.

Malone, a two-time Most Valuable Player during his 18 seasons with the Utah Jazz, was raised in Summerfield, La. Reed was born in Hico, La., and was raised in Bernice, La., which is only “three or four miles

When Karl Malone goes into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame on Aug. 13, he will be presented by boyhood hero Willis Reed.Presenters must be already enshrined in the Hall of Fame, so most Utah Jazz fans probably assumed that John Stockton or Jerry Sloan would do the honors for Malone. Instead, Malone said Friday that he has asked Reed, the former New York Knick star who is from Malone’s home state of Louisiana to present him.

Malone, a two-time Most Valuable Player during his 18 seasons with the Utah Jazz, was raised in Summerfield, La. Reed was born in Hico, La., and was raised in Bernice, La., which is only “three or four miles

[h1]Knicks Don't Have Job For Isiah[/h1]Jul 24, 2010 8:59 AM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
The Knicks gave a strong denial on Friday amid rumors that they could re-hire Isiah Thomas at some point this summer.

A source close to the situation told The New York Post, "There's no job for him there now."

Thomas visited the Garden's offices for several hours and met with owner Jim Dolan on Thursday.

Anyway what site can show us how Timofey Mozgov is doing in those games in Russia right now?

[h1]Knicks Don't Have Job For Isiah[/h1]Jul 24, 2010 8:59 AM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
The Knicks gave a strong denial on Friday amid rumors that they could re-hire Isiah Thomas at some point this summer.

A source close to the situation told The New York Post, "There's no job for him there now."

Thomas visited the Garden's offices for several hours and met with owner Jim Dolan on Thursday.

Anyway what site can show us how Timofey Mozgov is doing in those games in Russia right now?

1997-98 Utah Jazz

Wait so I'll be able to play as Jeff Hornacek!?
pimp.gif

I think that's the safest bet, that's why a lot of these big name guys THIS off-season are taking long-*#$ contracts. Johnson, Amare, Boozer, the Miami cats, etc. The players have no idea what's going to happen next year, a lockout may very well happen, no one knows. If he can't even get a contract next summer, then what? He'll look mad stupid not getting paid during a lockout.

There's no rush. There's no deadline for him to sign an extension. Yes it's been weeks, yes he's been supposedly expected to sign the extension, but there's really no rush. They can't add on more years I'm pretty sure because three is the max they can extend him, but I'm not sure. The only reason the Nuggets would trade Carmelo is if they struggle tremendously next year, which I don't see happening. The Nuggets aren't going to %$!@ around and say there's a dealine, that's their guy, and they build around him. They brought in Chauncey which was an excellent piece, they're drafting well, they're doing what they can. Unless Melo wants to go and form his own super-team, he is perfectly situated in Denver, with a coach he likes, with a team that is willing to put very good pieces around him.

The reason Melo wasn't apart of the Summer of 2010 is because he took his extension before any of the rest of these cats, and he wasn't up for one until next year.

I came in here to ask about Chris Paul, how would you guys go about acquiring both him and Okafor (which is a given to be included in any deal). Is it you guys are banking on the fact they'd take back Ronny Turiaf? Or what? Matching the salaries seems like it would be hard. You guys would have to throw in a bunch of contracts just to get those two players. Curry, Kelenna, Randolph, Danilo is just about 20 million, about 4 million short, and if they don't want to take back Ronny, then what? You would have to package 2 or three more guys, JUST to get two players. The Knicks would basically be four players short, but still in the same financial situation.

Plus it would completely throw off Raymond Felton, which the Hornets would have zero interest in. Post-trede you guys would have only like 5 guys, and getting Paul and Okafor kind of throws off any flexibility you would have to acquire Carmelo. 28 Million gaurunteed for Paul+Okafor, then ~25-26 million for Amare+Felton, that leaves no room for Carmelo.

Does someone have a link or something to where the Knicks are thinking of going in this? I'm just kind of lost.

Don't take this as a hate post, I'm just confused about the logistics.

1997-98 Utah Jazz

Wait so I'll be able to play as Jeff Hornacek!?
pimp.gif

I think that's the safest bet, that's why a lot of these big name guys THIS off-season are taking long-*#$ contracts. Johnson, Amare, Boozer, the Miami cats, etc. The players have no idea what's going to happen next year, a lockout may very well happen, no one knows. If he can't even get a contract next summer, then what? He'll look mad stupid not getting paid during a lockout.

There's no rush. There's no deadline for him to sign an extension. Yes it's been weeks, yes he's been supposedly expected to sign the extension, but there's really no rush. They can't add on more years I'm pretty sure because three is the max they can extend him, but I'm not sure. The only reason the Nuggets would trade Carmelo is if they struggle tremendously next year, which I don't see happening. The Nuggets aren't going to %$!@ around and say there's a dealine, that's their guy, and they build around him. They brought in Chauncey which was an excellent piece, they're drafting well, they're doing what they can. Unless Melo wants to go and form his own super-team, he is perfectly situated in Denver, with a coach he likes, with a team that is willing to put very good pieces around him.

The reason Melo wasn't apart of the Summer of 2010 is because he took his extension before any of the rest of these cats, and he wasn't up for one until next year.

I came in here to ask about Chris Paul, how would you guys go about acquiring both him and Okafor (which is a given to be included in any deal). Is it you guys are banking on the fact they'd take back Ronny Turiaf? Or what? Matching the salaries seems like it would be hard. You guys would have to throw in a bunch of contracts just to get those two players. Curry, Kelenna, Randolph, Danilo is just about 20 million, about 4 million short, and if they don't want to take back Ronny, then what? You would have to package 2 or three more guys, JUST to get two players. The Knicks would basically be four players short, but still in the same financial situation.

Plus it would completely throw off Raymond Felton, which the Hornets would have zero interest in. Post-trede you guys would have only like 5 guys, and getting Paul and Okafor kind of throws off any flexibility you would have to acquire Carmelo. 28 Million gaurunteed for Paul+Okafor, then ~25-26 million for Amare+Felton, that leaves no room for Carmelo.

Does someone have a link or something to where the Knicks are thinking of going in this? I'm just kind of lost.

Don't take this as a hate post, I'm just confused about the logistics.

Back
Top Bottom