**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Obviously I'd welcome Chris Paul, but this won't be the end of the world if he doesn't get traded.

Especially at the cost of taking on Okafor's contract.

Let Ray have a shot at this offense, let's watch Gallinari and Randolph develop and hopefully make a breakthrough, let's all pray that Amare can live up to his contract, and let's just go through a season actually rooting for and watching our players... not just waiting for them to expire then plan for free agents.

Obviously I'd welcome Chris Paul, but this won't be the end of the world if he doesn't get traded.

Especially at the cost of taking on Okafor's contract.

Let Ray have a shot at this offense, let's watch Gallinari and Randolph develop and hopefully make a breakthrough, let's all pray that Amare can live up to his contract, and let's just go through a season actually rooting for and watching our players... not just waiting for them to expire then plan for free agents.

NBA: Where Drama Happens
smh.gif

of course it was all nonsense... he's outta there in 2012

the whole mello/CP pipe dream only works out if we don't take back okafur's terrible contract. i think we need to renounce chandlers rights and let curry expire then we would have close to enough money to sign him outright. then the next year we got some expirings and easy trade chips to try and grab CP at the deadline or in a sign and trade.

But the mello can sign in the blink of an eye. Amare could get injured in the 3rd game. CP could change his mind and stay. CBA could institute franchise tags. who knows.

But even if mello has nothing to do with it this is good news. The longer CP stays there the better chance we have at getting him without the giant price of a bad contract and gutting the entire team. By the trade deadline in 2012 the hornets will have no leverage

to be honest i want to see how our team plays together i don't even want to think about trades at the moment. we have a great young core, lets see what they can do. At least let them up their value so we have stronger assets to trade if the organization is hell bent on a big name trade.

the whole mello/CP pipe dream only works out if we don't take back okafur's terrible contract. i think we need to renounce chandlers rights and let curry expire then we would have close to enough money to sign him outright. then the next year we got some expirings and easy trade chips to try and grab CP at the deadline or in a sign and trade.

But the mello can sign in the blink of an eye. Amare could get injured in the 3rd game. CP could change his mind and stay. CBA could institute franchise tags. who knows.

But even if mello has nothing to do with it this is good news. The longer CP stays there the better chance we have at getting him without the giant price of a bad contract and gutting the entire team. By the trade deadline in 2012 the hornets will have no leverage

to be honest i want to see how our team plays together i don't even want to think about trades at the moment. we have a great young core, lets see what they can do. At least let them up their value so we have stronger assets to trade if the organization is hell bent on a big name trade.

[h2]Randolph Sees Opportunity in Knicks’ System[/h2]By JONATHAN ABRAMS
Enteringhis third N.B.A. season, Anthony Randolph and the word potential arenearly synonymous. With the Golden State Warriors, Randolph showedglimpses of a bright today and a sparkling tomorrow, but injuries andspats with Warriors Coach Don Nelson stagnated his basketball growth.

The Knicks acquired Randolph, along with Ronny Turiaf and KelennaAzubuike, in a sign-and-trade exchange for David Lee earlier thismonth. Randolph, 21, expects to earn minutes in the Knicks’restocked frontline along with the team’s marquee newcomer,Amar’e Stoudemire. On Monday, Randolph met with reporters beforegreeting children at the Knicks’ summer basketball camp at PaceUniversity’s Pleasantville Campus.

Question: Did you feel like you escaped from Golden State?

Anthony Randolph: It was a situation, I was hurt. Iwasn’t getting a lot of playing time before I was hurt. I thinkNellie probably saw me doing something different than what washappening. It was a learning experience.

Q. What’s your mind-set now?

A. It’s all on me right now. If I don’tsucceed, it’s my fault. It’s not on anybody else. Coach isgoing to give me an opportunity to show what I can do and if Idon’t capitalize on it, it’s nobody’s fault but mine.

Q. What do you remember from your workout with the Knicksin 2008 (Randolph went 14th, eight slots after the Knicks selectedDanilo Gallinari)?

A. I was a little upset when I wasn’t drafted bythem. I thought I was going to be here. I thought it was the perfectthing for me.

Q. Are you tired of hearing about your potential, rather than where you are now?

A. It gets a little frustrating, but it’s part of thegame, injuries and things like that. I just turned 21. This will be mythird year, so I have a lot of time to mature. I’m still growingand maturing. The sky’s the limit.

Q. Why do you feel like the Knicks and Mike D’Antoni are a good fit?

A. He allows his players to play. In Golden State, it waskind of like a situation where he wanted me to rebound and that’sit, don’t do nothing else. Here, it’s more God has given methe natural ability to handle the ball a little bit. You can move likea guard, you can guard guys, you’re able to be put in differentpositions and I think I’ll be allowed to do that here.

Q. Are the styles between Nelson and D’Antoni similar?

A. There’s some of it similar. Both systems you getup and down and stuff. But I think in this system you’re a littlemore free to do the things you’re good at.

Q. How do you envision playing with Stoudemire in the post?

A. That’s going to be great. There’s a lot ofhighlights and stuff like that. Amar’e is a very dominant player,a great player. He’s going to take a lot of attention off me.That alone is going to make me a better player.

Q. Have you talked with Stoudemire and point guard Raymond Felton about changing the culture here?

A. Everybody’s on the same page. The two guys that Icame in with, Amar’e and Raymond, I worked out with them a littlebit in Vegas. I honestly feel like everybody that’s on this teamright now wants to get better, wants to work hard and win games, pointblank.

Q. There have been a lot of changes here. How do you think the roster looks and where do you think you fit in?

A. I think the roster looks good. We’ve got a lot ofgood pieces. When we come in for training camp, we’ve just got toput it together, build a chemistry, but I think that’ll be noproblem. We’ve got a lot of good guys. I know personally, for afact, that Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna are great people and greatteammates. So that’s a start right there.

Q. What did your get from your experience with Golden State?

A. I tell people that ask me about that situation and theysay it was all bad. I think it helped me grow up and mature a lot. Justdealing with some of the things I had to deal with and the adversitiesthat went on there, it kind of made me grow up and allowed me toappreciate some of the things that I have and some of the thingsI’ll be able to do here.

Q. You were injured a good portion of last year. How muchare you itching to get back to 100 percent and playing again? How areyour workouts with the assistant coach Dan D’Antoni?

A. I’m ready. I told Dan this morning after workoutsI wished the season started tomorrow. I’m ready to play.I’m ready to get out there. I feel I’ve added some thingsin my game. I feel like my shot is a thousand times better. I’mjust ready to get out there and show everybody all the hard workI’ve put in since April 15, since the last game of the season.

NY times been having some great coverage of the knicks recently.

[h2]Randolph Sees Opportunity in Knicks’ System[/h2]By JONATHAN ABRAMS
Enteringhis third N.B.A. season, Anthony Randolph and the word potential arenearly synonymous. With the Golden State Warriors, Randolph showedglimpses of a bright today and a sparkling tomorrow, but injuries andspats with Warriors Coach Don Nelson stagnated his basketball growth.

The Knicks acquired Randolph, along with Ronny Turiaf and KelennaAzubuike, in a sign-and-trade exchange for David Lee earlier thismonth. Randolph, 21, expects to earn minutes in the Knicks’restocked frontline along with the team’s marquee newcomer,Amar’e Stoudemire. On Monday, Randolph met with reporters beforegreeting children at the Knicks’ summer basketball camp at PaceUniversity’s Pleasantville Campus.

Question: Did you feel like you escaped from Golden State?

Anthony Randolph: It was a situation, I was hurt. Iwasn’t getting a lot of playing time before I was hurt. I thinkNellie probably saw me doing something different than what washappening. It was a learning experience.

Q. What’s your mind-set now?

A. It’s all on me right now. If I don’tsucceed, it’s my fault. It’s not on anybody else. Coach isgoing to give me an opportunity to show what I can do and if Idon’t capitalize on it, it’s nobody’s fault but mine.

Q. What do you remember from your workout with the Knicksin 2008 (Randolph went 14th, eight slots after the Knicks selectedDanilo Gallinari)?

A. I was a little upset when I wasn’t drafted bythem. I thought I was going to be here. I thought it was the perfectthing for me.

Q. Are you tired of hearing about your potential, rather than where you are now?

A. It gets a little frustrating, but it’s part of thegame, injuries and things like that. I just turned 21. This will be mythird year, so I have a lot of time to mature. I’m still growingand maturing. The sky’s the limit.

Q. Why do you feel like the Knicks and Mike D’Antoni are a good fit?

A. He allows his players to play. In Golden State, it waskind of like a situation where he wanted me to rebound and that’sit, don’t do nothing else. Here, it’s more God has given methe natural ability to handle the ball a little bit. You can move likea guard, you can guard guys, you’re able to be put in differentpositions and I think I’ll be allowed to do that here.

Q. Are the styles between Nelson and D’Antoni similar?

A. There’s some of it similar. Both systems you getup and down and stuff. But I think in this system you’re a littlemore free to do the things you’re good at.

Q. How do you envision playing with Stoudemire in the post?

A. That’s going to be great. There’s a lot ofhighlights and stuff like that. Amar’e is a very dominant player,a great player. He’s going to take a lot of attention off me.That alone is going to make me a better player.

Q. Have you talked with Stoudemire and point guard Raymond Felton about changing the culture here?

A. Everybody’s on the same page. The two guys that Icame in with, Amar’e and Raymond, I worked out with them a littlebit in Vegas. I honestly feel like everybody that’s on this teamright now wants to get better, wants to work hard and win games, pointblank.

Q. There have been a lot of changes here. How do you think the roster looks and where do you think you fit in?

A. I think the roster looks good. We’ve got a lot ofgood pieces. When we come in for training camp, we’ve just got toput it together, build a chemistry, but I think that’ll be noproblem. We’ve got a lot of good guys. I know personally, for afact, that Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna are great people and greatteammates. So that’s a start right there.

Q. What did your get from your experience with Golden State?

A. I tell people that ask me about that situation and theysay it was all bad. I think it helped me grow up and mature a lot. Justdealing with some of the things I had to deal with and the adversitiesthat went on there, it kind of made me grow up and allowed me toappreciate some of the things that I have and some of the thingsI’ll be able to do here.

Q. You were injured a good portion of last year. How muchare you itching to get back to 100 percent and playing again? How areyour workouts with the assistant coach Dan D’Antoni?

A. I’m ready. I told Dan this morning after workoutsI wished the season started tomorrow. I’m ready to play.I’m ready to get out there. I feel I’ve added some thingsin my game. I feel like my shot is a thousand times better. I’mjust ready to get out there and show everybody all the hard workI’ve put in since April 15, since the last game of the season.

NY times been having some great coverage of the knicks recently.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Ik probably the lone 1% but I really hope we don't trade for cp3. I don't care if he's top 5 pg in the league. I don't want us to have to deal with okafor's contract. I'd rather we wait and get Tony Parker if it means we don't have to destroy our roster. Cp3 coming here with okafor is not going to make us the team to beat. So it's not worth it when we can just wait for Parker and give up nothing. It's clear as blue skies that Tony Parker is not going to resign with San Antonio since the spurs are so high on hill and want to start him.

Dantoni doesn't like to use a big rotation so I won't be surprised if we do end up destroying our roster. I don't even know what to think. I'm not talking about anything anymore until something gets done.

If Paul really wants to win a ring right now he should go to Orlando.

Paul
---
Lewis
okafor
dwight

if Dwight learns how sone post offense it would be a wrap. Too bad superman is really superbuns when it comes to the post up. moving Lewis back to the 3 would really help Orlando though. But I just don't see Orlando getting a deal done with new Orleans. NO isn't going to want jameer. So all Orlando has is bass, gortat, pietrus and Carter. Not very attractive in my opinion.

Come Monday, after Paul meets with the hornets I bet he stays put and this was all to have people talking

grin.gif
divas
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Ik probably the lone 1% but I really hope we don't trade for cp3. I don't care if he's top 5 pg in the league. I don't want us to have to deal with okafor's contract. I'd rather we wait and get Tony Parker if it means we don't have to destroy our roster. Cp3 coming here with okafor is not going to make us the team to beat. So it's not worth it when we can just wait for Parker and give up nothing. It's clear as blue skies that Tony Parker is not going to resign with San Antonio since the spurs are so high on hill and want to start him.

Dantoni doesn't like to use a big rotation so I won't be surprised if we do end up destroying our roster. I don't even know what to think. I'm not talking about anything anymore until something gets done.

If Paul really wants to win a ring right now he should go to Orlando.

Paul
---
Lewis
okafor
dwight

if Dwight learns how sone post offense it would be a wrap. Too bad superman is really superbuns when it comes to the post up. moving Lewis back to the 3 would really help Orlando though. But I just don't see Orlando getting a deal done with new Orleans. NO isn't going to want jameer. So all Orlando has is bass, gortat, pietrus and Carter. Not very attractive in my opinion.

Come Monday, after Paul meets with the hornets I bet he stays put and this was all to have people talking

grin.gif
divas
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Not all to have ppl talking about him. I think he really wants out. He just has 0 leverage and couldn't pick where he's traded to anyway. Before today he had no direct quotes so he could get away with his team being sources and saying all this wild @@%*.

After what it would take the Knicks to take and give up and what Otis and Stan said I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

Ideally, NO panics in '12 and we get him in a favorable trade or Paul just walks at the end of the season to NY.

Not all to have ppl talking about him. I think he really wants out. He just has 0 leverage and couldn't pick where he's traded to anyway. Before today he had no direct quotes so he could get away with his team being sources and saying all this wild @@%*.

After what it would take the Knicks to take and give up and what Otis and Stan said I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

Ideally, NO panics in '12 and we get him in a favorable trade or Paul just walks at the end of the season to NY.

Hey guys, don't count on paul staying long, seems like there's still details that was left unsaid and prolly wont ever hit the media but....

[h2]Paul Still Seeking Way Out Of New Orleans[/h2]
Paul_Chris_noh_100104.jpg

Jul 26, 2010 9:59 PM EST

noh_40.gif
Despite positive statements about his future in New Orleans following Monday's meeting with the team, Chris Paul is still seeking a way out, according to a source close to the point guard.

It at first appeared as though the Hornets had completely ended the Paul saga, but Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that isn't the case.

"The telltale thing is that Chris Paul won't comment publicly other than what was released about it," said a person familiar with Paul's strategy.

"Leon Rose didn't come out and say, 'Chris is happy in New Orleans.' If he was happy, they would've said that. ... The only way they can get close to full value is to say, 'You guys can't make trade demands.' They're orchestrating this thing to likely move him."

A number of sources indicate that Paul and his new group of power brokers at Creative Artists Agency, led by Rose, continue to pull strings behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the Hornets have been looking at the Magic, Bobcats and Nets as potential trade partners.

New Orleans appears focused on trading Paul to the Eastern Conference, while Paul wants to compete for a championship.

"Basically, he doesn't think they're good enough and he's put LeBron's people around him for a reason," the person familiar with Paul's strategy said. "And he doesn't want to wait two years and be 27 years old trying to get on a championship team. He wants to do it now."

The Hornets are standing firm on not letting Paul dictate which teams he'll like to be traded to.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0uqQTQbA6

Hey guys, don't count on paul staying long, seems like there's still details that was left unsaid and prolly wont ever hit the media but....

[h2]Paul Still Seeking Way Out Of New Orleans[/h2]
Paul_Chris_noh_100104.jpg

Jul 26, 2010 9:59 PM EST

noh_40.gif
Despite positive statements about his future in New Orleans following Monday's meeting with the team, Chris Paul is still seeking a way out, according to a source close to the point guard.

It at first appeared as though the Hornets had completely ended the Paul saga, but Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that isn't the case.

"The telltale thing is that Chris Paul won't comment publicly other than what was released about it," said a person familiar with Paul's strategy.

"Leon Rose didn't come out and say, 'Chris is happy in New Orleans.' If he was happy, they would've said that. ... The only way they can get close to full value is to say, 'You guys can't make trade demands.' They're orchestrating this thing to likely move him."

A number of sources indicate that Paul and his new group of power brokers at Creative Artists Agency, led by Rose, continue to pull strings behind the scenes.

Meanwhile, the Hornets have been looking at the Magic, Bobcats and Nets as potential trade partners.

New Orleans appears focused on trading Paul to the Eastern Conference, while Paul wants to compete for a championship.

"Basically, he doesn't think they're good enough and he's put LeBron's people around him for a reason," the person familiar with Paul's strategy said. "And he doesn't want to wait two years and be 27 years old trying to get on a championship team. He wants to do it now."

The Hornets are standing firm on not letting Paul dictate which teams he'll like to be traded to.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0uqQTQbA6

After seeing how Cle got screwed with LeBron and his ppl CP should cool his jets cuz I'd guess any more of that tomfoolery from LeBron's ppl would get him traded to a trash Eastern conference team
laugh.gif

I knew he wasn't satisfied with anything they said in the meeting but I highly doubt he'll get what he wants as soon as possible with this team pulling strings for him.

After seeing how Cle got screwed with LeBron and his ppl CP should cool his jets cuz I'd guess any more of that tomfoolery from LeBron's ppl would get him traded to a trash Eastern conference team
laugh.gif

I knew he wasn't satisfied with anything they said in the meeting but I highly doubt he'll get what he wants as soon as possible with this team pulling strings for him.

[h1]Minnesota Plans To Waive West[/h1]Jul 26, 2010 10:13 PM EST

West_Delonte_cle.jpg
The Timberwolves will waive guard Delonte West, who they acquired in a trade with the Cavaliers on Monday night, according to sources.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports wrote the following on his Twitter page moments after the trade was officially completed.

Cleveland acquired Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins and a second round pick in 2013 from Minnesota in exchange for West and Sebastian Telfair.

Let's sign West... No Joke.. Lebron don't like him and we need a SG. Perfect

West_Delonte_cle.jpg
The Timberwolves will waive guard Delonte West, who they acquired in a trade with the Cavaliers on Monday night, according to sources.

Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports wrote the following on his Twitter page moments after the trade was officially completed.

Cleveland acquired Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins and a second round pick in 2013 from Minnesota in exchange for West and Sebastian Telfair.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

West_Delonte_cle.jpg

So stepdad just got kicked out of the NBA? I mean, if even Kahn don't want it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

West_Delonte_cle.jpg

So stepdad just got kicked out of the NBA? I mean, if even Kahn don't want it. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom