**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Knicks make offer to Lakers' Brown

The Knicks have extended an offer to Shannon Brown and are waiting to hear whether the Lakers' free-agent guard will take it or wait for L.A. to make room to re-sign him by trading Sasha Vujacic, two people with knowledge of the situation told CBSSports.com Thursday.

Brown, 24, played all 82 games for the champion Lakers last season and is weighing whether to join Ray Felton in the Knicks' revamped backcourt or give the Lakers time to clear the room needed to re-sign him. The Lakers didn't give all of their mid-level exception to point guard Steve Blake, so some of it is left for Brown. But that's not really the issue. The Lakers, as usual, are well into the luxury tax. So moving Vujacic's $5.4 million salary for next season would ease the tax hit associated with keeping Brown.

Brown's electrifying transition game would be a huge asset in coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo system, and Brown would have a good chance of winning a starting job after starting only seven games for the Lakers last season.

Meanwhile, the Knicks continue to explore trade possibilities and remain interested in Blazers swingman Rudy Fernandez, who is actively being shopped. In their pursuit of a deal for Fernandez, or perhaps Chris Paul if and when the Hornets begin fielding serious trade inquiries, the Knicks have a few more assets to offer than commonly realized. According to two people familiar with how the David Lee sign-and-trade arrangement was structured, the Knicks do not have to wait the standard 60 days before combining Ronny Turiaf, Anthony Randolph or Kelenna Azubuike with other players in a trade. The Knicks were still under the salary cap when Lee was signed and traded, exempting them from the 60-day waiting period, which applies only to players acquired with a trade exception by teams that are over the cap.
Source

I don't know about Brown in the long run, he's a good shooter and semi-exciting on the fast break and that's where it stops but it's good to get more trade pieces
pimp.gif

I would do TD for Rudy if we have a 3rd PG.

But then that would make Felton our only PG... Well Rautins but idk if he's any good.

Shannon Brown is ok, i rather keep our money and have Azubuike, Chandler, or Walker get the 2 spot..

I would do TD for Rudy if we have a 3rd PG.

But then that would make Felton our only PG... Well Rautins but idk if he's any good.

Shannon Brown is ok, i rather keep our money and have Azubuike, Chandler, or Walker get the 2 spot..

that was a weird location. i mess with amare. just gota hope he's a piece to the puzzle and not the whole picture

watched the WCF game where he dropped 40 points. anyone who thinks david lee to amar'e is a sideways move is blind. he is a legit piece

that was a weird location. i mess with amare. just gota hope he's a piece to the puzzle and not the whole picture

watched the WCF game where he dropped 40 points. anyone who thinks david lee to amar'e is a sideways move is blind. he is a legit piece

Back
Top Bottom